View Poll Results: Is going 9-4 with the Egg Bowl and a bowl win and finishing ranked #20 a good season?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is going 9-4 with the Egg Bowl and a bowl win and finishing ranked #20 a good season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

vCash
    Very good.

vCash
    For me this was a love - hate season that wore me to a frazzle.... having said that I would do it all over again. Good season with very few complaints- mainly those already mentioned.... thanks to this year's team and hail State
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Yeah, I think it was a good season. Anybody ranked lower than us or non-ranked would love to be where we are. On the what ifs, all teams have what ifs. Just ask Bama for one.

vCash
    Yes. I don't know how this is even a question.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Overall satisfaction: B+
    Bitching constant quota: A- (Never saw so much fan bitching for a 9 win season, but maybe the coaches read ED so it helped!)
    Offense satisfaction: C+
    Defense satisfaction: B+
    Special Teams: B+
    Ha the bitching quota. Works like this. If we win 7+ games then no one can ever critique anything we do otherwise you are bitching. LAMO for a talk board. Shut it down.

We do critiques of processes where I've worked for 3+ decades; it is how you challenge the status quo and get better. Some weaklings on here call it bitching. It is called raising the bar.

We were two lucky plays from going 7-6. There is room to improve.

But yes we had a good year and will take 9 wins any year we can get it in any form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Absolutely it was a good season. It would be rare that a win over Mississippi and a bowl win is not a good season

Beat Kentucky this year? Would have been a great season
    People forget we were up 13-7 on LSU at halftime having left another 10-14 points on the field. They found their stride in the 4th Qtr for 21 points, but we arguably should have won that game as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ha the bitching quota. Works like this. If we win 7+ games then no one can ever critique anything we do otherwise you are bitching. LAMO for a talk board. Shut it down.

We do critiques of processes where I've worked for 3+ decades; it is how you challenge the status quo and get better. Some weaklings on here call it bitching. It is called raising the bar.

We were two lucky plays from going 7-6. There is room to improve.

But yes we had a good year and will take 9 wins any year we can get it in any form.
    Consider that balancing out the 2 BS unlucky calls that kept us from winning 9 in 2021.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    No matter how good we can be in a given season, we will always blow a game or two. 9-4 is as good as it gets here going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    It's a good season for us and for 90% of the programs out there. But like others have said we were **this** close to a great season!
    My exact thoughts.

vCash
    Lucky for us Mullen was in LA while arnett was in charolette

vCash
    Absolutely. Should we have beaten LSU and Kentucky? No doubt but Will and Leach both had bad nights, it happens on the road in the SEC. Definitely an A grade in totality.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    8 wins is always good especially with egg bowl then to get 9 with the bowl game is gravy. 9-10 regular season games is a great season for us. 7 is satisfactory but you want more. 6 is okay if it's a form rebuilding year with a bunch of young players. But not if it's a team with a bunch of guys coming back. That's the team you expect to win 8 or more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Vote in the poll!
    What is the purpose of this?

What are you trying to prove?

vCash
    With the Egg Bowl win and a bowl game win, it absolutely is.

vCash
    One 2 yd line fumble away from a EB ***kicking, LSU and Kentucky just that close to one incredible season, I truly wish it would have happened for CML. learn and move and do better with our next OC and the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

He was hoping someone would disagree
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

No sinister motive, I just wanted to give Leach a proper sendoff. 94-0 and counting!

(And also a followup to the previous thread: https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...-a-good-season)

vCash
    I wish the offense had pulled their weight, and we would have won 10 or 11, but yes it's a successful season due to the way we closed it with a road win at Ole Miss and a bowl win over a good Illinois team. When you add on the fact that we had the #4 SOS it makes it even better.

9-4 vs the #4 SOS and having a very bad offense = Success

vCash
    Yep