Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lem will be back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    . He has been given more than enough time with little to no excuses to be this bad.
    We just won the series vs the #2 rated team in the country. We likely finish with a winning record. Our RPI is pretty high. We arent that bad overall when you look at it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We just won the series vs the #2 rated team in the country. We likely finish with a winning record. Our RPI is pretty high. We arent that bad overall when you look at it
    GTFO. Just no.

vCash
    Same folks that bashed Leach are jumping over mine fields to defend Lemonis after beating LSU. Lemonis and staff have earned the dismissal. Period. A week ago he was Lemonizik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I can. This is the gоddamn SEC and if he can't handle the duties of the job, he needs to turn in his resignation immediately.
    I get your point, and I believe it would have been made just as forcefully without the GD part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to bring him back if you take everything into consideration with our situation.
    It makes NOOOOOOO sense to bring him back!! As has been mentioned, we're paying top-level pay for rock bottom results, for two straight years no less. In what universe does that justify him getting to keep his job with practically the same results guaranteed next year. And FWIW, he's not going to be able to bring in a top-shelf pitching coach on a one-year deal as a lame duck dead man walking.

vCash
    Firing is firing. You are splitting hairs at this point.

Do I think Lemon is the long range guy? No
    Do I think he deserves one more to prove himself? Yes

Baseball is different from football in recruiting and other ways. I have questioned this guy's moves since he got here. But he won our only Natty. And that buys cred. A few pitching injuries is the equivalent of losing your starting QB. That was our 2022. We had a few more this season that really hurt. He probably deserves 1 more season. We have a Top 5 recruiting class, have some quality players returning, and should pull in some portal guys.
    He only "won" our natty because his name was listed as Head Coach. The natty was won by players who he did not recruit and really didn't need his input or coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    How do you explain the poor fielding then?
    Our defense has improved over the course of the year outside of a few games. We made like three errors this weekend. That's acceptable.

It's mostly been about Forsythe and Alford struggling. He has sat both of them at times because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    It makes NOOOOOOO sense to bring him back!! As has been mentioned, we're paying top-level pay for rock bottom results, for two straight years no less. In what universe does that justify him getting to keep his job with practically the same results guaranteed next year. And FWIW, he's not going to be able to bring in a top-shelf pitching coach on a one-year deal as a lame duck dead man walking.
    And how do you know the same results are guaranteed next year? This is just bitching to bitch. You have no clue who we are going to bring in as a pitching coach.

I mean, sure we could fire him now and pay a massive buyout which would limit what we could pay the next coach. Which you would then bitch about when we end up with some unproven assistant, a G5 up and comer, or a guy with a similar resume to Lemonis when we hired him. And at the same time run a massive risk of destroying our future recruiting classes which have some really talented players in them which I have no doubt will have seasons like we're accustomed to when they get to school. It would also greatly affect our NIL in not just baseball but other sports.

Or we could just hire a pitching coach. Worst case scenario according to you we miss the SEC Tournament again then have to fire Lemonis then. But if that happens next year we will have more money to spend to get a better coach and potentially throw a ton of money at a Vitello or a Wasikowski. May not get them- but it opens up our pool. Not to mention the whole firing a coach two years after a NC thing is not a good look whether our fans want to admit it or not. Doing it this way also insures we add more talent through recruiting.

So yes, bringing Lemonis back is very logical to anyone who understands our situation and the baseball industry. Which I believe our people with the power to make important baseball decisions have the ability to do.

vCash
    He only "won" our natty because his name was listed as Head Coach. The natty was won by players who he did not recruit and really didn't need his input or coaching.
    Who was it that decided to bench Landon Jordan and stabilized our defense? Who decided to put in Brayland Skinner against Texas as a pinch runner and pinch hit Tanner Leggett? Who put Luke Hancock at first base- a position he had never really played before which made us better offensively? Who set up our rotation in 2021 so that we had Bednar starting the final game in the CWS?

Foxhall greatly hamstrung Lemonis. This past weekend was a good example. Foxhall probably doesn't move Cade back, he would have left KC Hunt and Colby Holcombe in too long, Tyler Davis wouldn't have been a factor. Guess who did make those decisions? On top of intentionally walking two of LSU's top hitters which was gutsy as well- and that worked too.

vCash
    If you really think that all it will take is a new pitching coach and Lemonis can have us back in the hosting conversation, then yes, it makes sense to keep him. I suspect that's wishful thinking, but I'll be happy to be wrong a year from now.

vCash
    In some ways you are correct. But he did recruit Bednar and he was reason #1 we won the thing.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    You are an idiot. He has made us the laughing stock of the SEC and we are supposed to be an elite baseball program. He had a GOLDEN opportunity to build on that and solidify our program and he shat the bed.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    He has made us the laughing stock of the SEC and we are supposed to be an elite baseball program. He had a GOLDEN opportunity to build on that and solidify our program and he shat the bed.
    Yes he did that

vCash
    I can't believe this thread lol

We go from universal agreement Lemonis needs to go, nicknames comparing him to Chizik etc to defending him and wanting him to return, all because we took 2/3 from a team that just lost a series to Auburn? What?

We're worst in the conference in defense, yet Todd is defending Lemonis saying "well we're not as bad as we were". Newsflash: THE ENTIRE SEASON MATTERS! WHY DID LEMO NOT HAVE THE D READY TO GO AT THE START OF THE YEAR??

We're one of the worst teams in the conference yet the LSU series proves something? Newsflash: THE ENTIRE SEASON MATTERS! ONE SEC SERIES DOES NOT UNDO THE FACT WERE MISSING HOOVER

Kentucky missed the NCAA tournament for years but is now really good, therefore we shouldn't fire a coach who missed Hoover back to back? Newsflash: THIS LOGIC WOULD PREVENT ANY COACH FROM BEING FIRED IN ANY SPORT EVER INCLUDING MOORHEAD

The mental gymnastics people here are going through to defend the decision to keep Lemo is pathetic. Do better. Just admit "Boosters don't want to pay for it" or "Selmon has no balls" or whateverthe case is. don't come here with this weak ass logic pretending keeping Lemo is actually going to work out for us next year. We all know he's in over his head.

vCash
    Lol. You can't be serious.

vCash
    When I said that half of our fanbase was fine with just making Hoover, I was actually too optimistic. Half our fanbase doesn't even want to make a change after 2 consecutive years of missing Hoover. The entire state of Mississippi has an engrained inferiority complex, and it bleeds over into accepting sports mediocrity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We don't have the pitchers. Lemonis signs off on recruiting. He's THE recruiter and makes the final decision. We don't have talent on the pitching side. And I'll have to accept Lemonis is coming back, which I can get, but I don't think he knows what the hell he's doing. I believe this is too big for him. We'll see. I just don't think he knows how to run a program like this. Too much a players coach and not willing to make tough decisions like firing a pitching coach until it's too late.
    I'm not screaming fire the man like I was Foxy. But another poor year and he's done. Our hitting has sucked in SEC play by the way. We were 13th in hitting before yesterday. That's 17ing awful.
    This is where I don?t understand why people say we have the talent for Lemonis to turn this thing around.
    But the statistics show that MSU talent is 13th in the League. Meaning they ain?t SEC level talent. We have to get better across the board and do it quickly. Not give away another season just to be nice to the guy who set on a bucket all the way to a NC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Lol. You can't be serious.
    Excuse me: but you have to type it like John McEnroe said it when a umpire ruled a ball out!

You CANNOT be SERIOUS!!!!

vCash
    This is a ridiculous take

vCash
    Personally, I just do not have a strong opinion on it one way or another. I get both sides of the coin. There is validity in being beyond done with him, also validity in recognizing how good he was in 2019 and 2021 (it was more than just the players, for the hundredth time, he made a lot of smart moves on the fly) and being willing to give him one last chance to return to that higher standard.

Regardless of how any of us feel, the expectation right now is that he will be back. Kick and scream all you want but it is not going to change a whole lot.