Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
I?m not advocating for signing Dalton, but this is just a stupid and lazy take. We have three other players committed from MAIS (Elam, Dakota Jordan, and Miller) yet nobody has said this about them. Dillon Jonson came from MAIS and played last year as a true freshman. Jon Banks came to MSU and excelled as a skinny true freshman from a small public school that didn?t play anywhere close to the competition level that MRA has played. We often sign public school players that play weaker competition than what MRA has faced and nobody ever mentions them absorbing blows, getting up to speed, etc. Jon Banks, Jamal Peters, Discenzo Miller, and many more come to mind.

I think we can do better than Dalton. I think SEC ball is an adjustment for everyone. I think smaller school players do have a larger adjustment to make. But let?s not act like 1A, 2A, and 3A public players are playing in some tough league while MRA is playing flag football.
Then stop advocating for why we need to offer him. you started by saying that you weren't for signing him and then gave all the reasons why we should. As I said 4 previous times, I'm not against giving the kid a PWO and letting him prove himself. All I'm saying is don't waste a scholarship on a kid who at most could contribute one year for you.