Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves offseason

vCash
    Ozuna coming back immediately probably eliminates signing Soler.

I worry about Ozuna being in shape after being off for an entire year. If the NL gets the DH, then I think that's where he fits in. Hopefully we get 2020 Ozuna and not 2021 Ozuna.

Yates is a great signing with the way it's structured. He's getting $1M next year since he won't be available the entire year, and then the rest the second year. Team option is cheap as well. So we're essentially getting him for 2.5 years for the price of 2. Bullpen will be elite next fall.

Just need to address 1B, LF, and add a 4th SP, and we'll be rolling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    TJ surgery last March. 2 yr deal for $8M with a cheap 3rd year team option. Great value signing.
    Agreed. There's some risk here coming off TJ, but for a value of $4 million per year and the huge potential upside, that's phenomena value.

Great job by AA to attempt to upgrade the RH relief options.

vCash
    CF is the question I think. Acuna won't be ready for April, and I doubt they will want him playing there anyway coming off the injury. Or maybe they would? But anyway, they gonna roll with Duvall there? They did in the playoffs, but seems sub optimal. Pache? Maybe, but I'm quite sure they prefer to leave him in AAA until the hit tool develops. A backup quality guy? Really want to roll with a backup as a starter for an extended time? A lefty to split time there with Duvall? Hmm, maybe.

vCash
    CF is the question I think. Acuna won't be ready for April, and I doubt they will want him playing there anyway coming off the injury. Or maybe they would? But anyway, they gonna roll with Duvall there? They did in the playoffs, but seems sub optimal. Pache? Maybe, but I'm quite sure they prefer to leave him in AAA until the hit tool develops. A backup quality guy? Really want to roll with a backup as a starter for an extended time? A lefty to split time there with Duvall? Hmm, maybe.
    They need to use Pache as Trade bait. Waters is better than him/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They need to use Pache as Trade bait. Waters is better than him/
    Need to trade one of them. They're losing value by the day.

vCash
    Acuna already taking BP - I'll be surprised if he isn't ready by May. So you only have a month to fill. If there is a season....
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 11-30-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Need to trade one of them. They're losing value by the day.
    Maybe, but a 2023 OF of Waters/Pache/Acuna may be fire. No logjam in the roster to prevent it. Michael Harris may crash that party though.

vCash
    That outfield until Acuna comes back.....

So, Duvall and Heredia have been nailed down.

What about Rosario and Soler?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    That outfield until Acuna comes back.....

So, Duvall and Heredia have been nailed down.

What about Rosario and Soler?
    Duvall, Rosario, soler no
    Heredia yes
    Ozuna is back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Duvall, Rosario, soler no
    Heredia yes
    Ozuna is back
    Duvall is back and it looks like Ozuna is also back. Atlanta radio this morning seemed to think we could get Soler possibly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Duvall is back and it looks like Ozuna is also back. Atlanta radio this morning seemed to think we could get Soler possibly.
    I guess I missed the Duvall deal. What's it for?

vCash
    They tendered him an offer, no details yet. Speculation is around $9 million.

The Ozuna news is a huge bummer; it means we're basically stuck with him and his awful contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    They tendered him an offer, no details yet. Speculation is around $9 million.

The Ozuna news is a huge bummer; it means we're basically stuck with him and his awful contract.
    I don't expect him to hit like in 2020, but I also don't expect him to be 2021 level. If he's 2019, I'm fine with that. Not a lot of difference between ozuna and soler as a hitter.

vCash
    He's arbitration eligible. The Braves picked up the arb option that they declined last year.