Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching carousel megathread

vCash
    The rumor is Manny will be fired tomorrow after his buyout drops.

That's why Lane has been so quiet about the coaching hires. Sexton has been working Miami hard for him. I would not be surprised if Manny is fired and Lane announced in the same day. It could get wild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

That's why Lane has been so quiet about the coaching hires. Sexton has been working Miami hard for him. I would not be surprised if Manny is fired and Lane announced in the same day. It could get wild.

vCash

You're pretty obsessed with this, and that's okay. But is this one of those ED things where if you repeat it enough, it becomes true in your head? Do you have inside information or is this all wishful thinking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    You're pretty obsessed with this, and that's okay. But is this one of those ED things where if you repeat it enough, it becomes true in your head? Do you have inside information or is this all wishful thinking?
    Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Meyer imo
    he would kill it at ND.

vCash
    A catholic school hiring Urban Meyer and all his recent antics?!!??

vCash
    Does this open up UMiss for Danny Mullen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    Does this open up UMiss for Danny Mullen?
    I think Mullen goes into commentary. He's scheduled to be on SEC Nation this Saturday giving his opinion on UGA/Bama. I wouldn't be too surprised if he has an ESPN gig next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    A catholic school hiring Urban Meyer and all his recent antics?!!??
    Can't he just say 3 hail Marry's and the slate is clean? I mean, my understanding of Catholicism is almost entirely informed by the Godfather films, but that should do the job for Urban...***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Can't he just say 3 hail Marry's and the slate is clean? I mean, my understanding of Catholicism is almost entirely informed by the Godfather films, but that should do the job for Urban...***
    So Urban will have his rival coaches assassinated during his introduction speech?***

vCash
    So Urban will have his rival coaches assassinated during his introduction speech?***
    Urban's Opening line...

"Today I settle all Family business..."

ND Provost to the ND Prez: "I always thought it would've been Clemenza?"

Prez: "It's the smart move; Kelly's always been the smart one..."

vCash
    Mike Lombardi on Twitter:

LSU had a caterer booked for Sunday to announce Lincoln Riley as their next head coach. He bailed the last minute on them for USC.

vCash
    Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.
    I don’t see them hiring a coach with an AD that makes no sense. It would be hilarious if Kiffin left like that but I just don’t see it. Now…it may happen in the next few weeks but I think they have to name a new AD first.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The early signing period makes these things speed up. Decisions have to be made quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I don’t see them hiring a coach with an AD that makes no sense. It would be hilarious if Kiffin left like that but I just don’t see it. Now…it may happen in the next few weeks but I think they have to name a new AD first.
    The new AD is also supposed to be announced tomorrow. I don't think it's a coincidence. If Manny was safe I believe the chancellor would have had that discussion with him already. They won't tell him anything.

vCash
    Also per the Twitter:

Kelly talking to his asst. coaches at ND to come join him at LSU.

Stoops got what he wanted from UK AD. He's staying in Lexington.

Banned
    vCash
    Brent Pry to VT not BOB ?

vCash
    Also per the Twitter:

Kelly talking to his asst. coaches at ND to come join him at LSU.

Stoops got what he wanted from UK AD. He's staying in Lexington.
    Good for Stoops. He's done a great job there.

Banned
    vCash
    Sonny Cumbie to La Tech. I think that means Graham Harrell may end up as Texas Tech OC. If not then potentially he will be Clemson OC.

vCash
    Listened to Jake Wim yesterday and he had a Florida reporter on that said he spoke to high school coaches in Jacksonville that had never met Dan Mullen. He never set foot in their high schools. There was a 5* kid in Tampa that had FSU, Clemson and Miami in his top three. When asked about Florida he said no one had given him the time of day from there.

Dan had massive recruiting problems.