Thread: 2023 Recruiting Rankings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    These rankings should look at net gain instead. You have to factor in portal losses.....
    Good point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Good point
    Around the start of the season, 247 puts out a team talent ranking. I like to look at that but I still take it with a grain of salt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Around the start of the season, 247 puts out a team talent ranking. I like to look at that but I still take it with a grain of salt.
    Was not aware of that. Yes, that would seem to be more relevant than the recruiting ranking without the portal departures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Was not aware of that. Yes, that would seem to be more relevant than the recruiting ranking without the portal departures.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...lentComposite/

Last year State was 29th but even then you have to look at individual players that play above their grade and State usually have several of those and I think more than most.

vCash
    If you compare the final rankings to the college team talent, you will see that they have a huge correlation but there will always be some teams play way better than their rankings but with some exceptions. Look at the top ten in both who finished ranked and who wins titles etc... The title winner always has top talent and most of the top ten with a couple outliers that play over their grade.

This year Oregon State, Fresno State (77th), Tulane (75), Troy (98th), TCU (32nd), Pittsburg (46) and Kansas State (70th) all finished ranked. While other teams like Oklahoma - 9th, Auburn - 18th , Ole Miss - 22nd and Tex A&M - 4th !!! all finished well below their talent grades for various reasons.

I find it interesting myself.