Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
Yeah, I think that was Cohens point to all this...how can we ever expect to be a national champion contender...ever...if we keep doing things the exact same way that weve done for the last 100 years??

Whether hes right, a miserable failure, (likely) somewhere in the middle of those 2...who knows...well see 2-3 years from now
Cohen contacted Napier and Judge first, so Cohen didn't have a "point to all this".

Also, we haven't done things the exact same way for 100 years. Mullen did things differently. Mullen was probably the best coach we have ever had at winning the games he's supposed to win.

Mullen's flaws:
1. Job hunting every year his last 3 or 4 years
2. Country club boys on offense failed to land us big time recruits at WR
3. Not enough downfield shots in the passing game. Some of it system, some of it a byproduct of #2
4. A little too much reliance on QB runs
5. Revolving Door at Dcoordinator

Mullen wasn't perfect but he showed us the way. Needed to find the right fit to keep it going after Mullen and take us to the next level. Instead we hired Joe Moorhead. That's why we are in this mess. I don't totally blame Cohen for Leach. I don't think any of us knew his offense would be this bad against 1 defense and that he would fail to adapt.