Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    One thing to keep in mind with all these transfers, and I mean this towards myself because I'll be the first to freak out, is that they aren't going to come in immediately and set the world on fire. Some might, but SEC pitching takes a little while to get used to. Most of these dudes haven't seen 96 with movement with a wipeout slider. Not all of them will be an RJ Yeager. Some will be a Scotty Dubrule.

But hopefully by the time we hit postseason play, we'll be rolling, and that's all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind with all these transfers, and I mean this towards myself because I'll be the first to freak out, is that they aren't going to come in immediately and set the world on fire. Some might, but SEC pitching takes a little while to get used to. Most of these dudes haven't seen 96 with movement with a wipeout slider. Not all of them will be an RJ Yeager. Some will be a Scotty Dubrule.

But hopefully by the time we hit postseason play, we'll be rolling, and that's all that matters.
    Even RJ took time. Hell for about a month he was BAD. Got benched a couple of times during that stretch. But when he turned it around, he lit on the world on fire for 2 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    What are you hearing?! Please share details!
    If we survive the visit to Arkansas, we will be extremely confident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    When is his visit to Arkansas?

vCash
    Gotcha. With him still taking visits, I?d better reign in my excitement. I was hoping maybe you had word he was ready or close to making the call to the us. Dang, we really need him. Hope he realizes that. Guess everybody needs him too, though.

vCash
    Sounds like we are getting an announcement today or tomorrow on someone

vCash
    I’ll point out to him that Arkansas is likely to make the CWS, only to have Van Horn save him until after they are put out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe so. But remember you have to have priorities. We had glaring holes in the outfield at second and on the mound. Only so much scholarship money and nil money to go around. Also he's a draft risk.
    Very true!

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far 🤷

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far 🤷
    Probably gonna be a bench bat, defensive replacement, and pinch runner.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Probably gonna be a bench bat, defensive replacement, and pinch runner.
    Just saw that he has experience at SS too. Interesting.

vCash
    Yeah, not sure on this one unless it?s added depth. Also had 12 stolen bases, so may be a top tier pinch runner when needed. I hope this wasn?t the pick-up Robbie Faulk was referring to today. My hopes were in other positions.
    Last edited by No BS Dawg; 07-02-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Correct number of stolen bases

vCash
    Just a guy battling for a spot... no different than a lot of others. Somebody has to be part of the 8 not on aid. May the best man win.

vCash
    Just a guy battling for a spot... no different than a lot of others. Somebody has to be part of the 8 not on aid. May the best man win.
    You are correct, sir!

vCash
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far ��
    So with Larry incoming at 2nd base, and now with Hoyle, what about Nate Chester - one of our first transfers a few weeks ago? Maybe all of these guys can provide necessary MI depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    So with Larry incoming at 2nd base, and now with Hoyle, what about Nate Chester - one of our first transfers a few weeks ago? Maybe all of these guys can provide necessary MI depth.
    Hoyle can play ss or 3B too, provided he wins a roster spot. Lot of competition for spots this fall and that's a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hoyle can play ss or 3B too, provided he wins a roster spot. Lot of competition for spots this fall and that's a good thing.
    I think Lemonis has pretty much told everyone you don’t have a spot. Everything up for grabs and I don’t care if you have been here 5 years, your fighting for a spot. Which is what he should have done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I think Lemonis has pretty much told everyone you don’t have a spot. Everything up for grabs and I don’t care if you have been here 5 years, your fighting for a spot. Which is what he should have done.
    There will be 27 people w a spot and they know it. The 27 on scholarship. It's the rest that aren't safe. Those will all be up for grabs.

vCash
    There will be 27 people w a spot and they know it. The 27 on scholarship. It's the rest that aren't safe. Those will all be up for grabs.
    Yep.

vCash
    As good as om bats were, it was alpha pitching that won it for them at the show in omaha.