Thread: Likely permanent 3 according to Dellenger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's 3 of Bama-UGA-LSU-OU-Texsa-Florida-Auburn every year. The other 4 every other year.

Then 2 of Mizzou-SCar-Vandy-Ark-UTk every year. The other 3 every other year.

The best possible draw is Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk.
    Gives you two years of a very good shot at SECC with your worst games being the two texsa teams and any "dark horse". Then two years where 8-4 was a great season lol.

But personally I wanna go 12-0 every year so we need to step it up. We almost got put in the upper tier winning %. Puts in perspective how good we've been relative to our history and how Moorhead error really hurt us.
    What kind of schedule are you envisioning? You think we're not going to play the 12 non-permanent opponents on the same frequency? I mean, I know in reality, things will get moved around and we probably won't play 6 for two years and then the other 6 for two years for any extended period of time. But I don't think they're going to intentionally set it up where we play some non-permanent opponents more than other, as would be required for us to play 3 out of 7 and 2 out of 5 every year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    What kind of schedule are you envisioning? You think we're not going to play the 12 non-permanent opponents on the same frequency? I mean, I know in reality, things will get moved around and we probably won't play 6 for two years and then the other 6 for two years for any extended period of time. But I don't think they're going to intentionally set it up where we play some non-permanent opponents more than other, as would be required for us to play 3 out of 7 and 2 out of 5 every year.
    I mean you get a 4/2 upper/lower split home and home, and then a 3/3 upper/lower split home and home.

So Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

Given 3 OOC gimmes... you have serious 10+ wins seasons 2 of 4 years. And then 8-4 being a great year in 2 of 4 years. That's best case scenario imo.

vCash
    UGA with the best draw considering who they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I mean you get a 4/2 upper/lower split home and home, and then a 3/3 upper/lower split home and home.

So Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

Given 3 OOC gimmes... you have serious 10+ wins seasons 2 of 4 years. And then 8-4 being a great year in 2 of 4 years. That's best case scenario imo.
    Gotcha. I assume they are going to start with the rotating teams on the same basis that they did the permanent opponents. Rank them on performance the past ten years and balance them out the best they can. Probably won't be able to follow that exactly when it comes down to it, but guessing they will at least start there, assuming they did the permanent opponents the way they claimed.