Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Know Who or What is the Actual Reason MSU Won't Sell Beer at DWS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    and doesn't have the balls to stand up to the minority that will complain.
    Pretty much. Gotta continue to garner those evangelical votes for when he runs for political office in the future....

Wouldn't it just be easier to offer disguises for all Baptists at the stadium gates? That way they won't be recognized by their fellow church goers as they drink their $17 Miller Lites?**

Banned
    vCash
    You would think the president would separate his church beliefs from his job at state.

Guess that's too much to ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.
    That may be his reasoning, but it doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons: 1) Any kind of alcohol - beer, wine, or booze - can be brought in and consumed in the club levels and suites, and 2) Even in the non-club areas, beer flows freely, and much of that is in the student section where most of the students are under 21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Again, history has already decided that this is a stupid opinion. I don't believe Keenum truly believes what you just wrote, but, if he did, I wouldn't have much confidence in his ability to lead this university to greater heights.

Every professional stadium has beer sales & with little to no issue. It's not up for debate. There are actually people that thought prohibition was a good idea back in the day. Can you imagine that? Not selling beer at MSU is allowing a small minority to decided policy for the vast majority, which isn't right.
    You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

Why are so many obsessed with beer at a ballgame?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That may be his reasoning, but it doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons: 1) Any kind of alcohol - beer, wine, or booze - can be brought in and consumed in the club levels and suites, and 2) Even in the non-club areas, beer flows freely, and much of that is in the student section where most of the students are under 21.
    Not for the general fan. Like it or not that is what the reasons are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hiring a competent football coach will go a lot longer in making Davis Wade a family atmosphere because it will result in less cursing at the coaches.
    Agree with that for the most part.

vCash

Why do you hate freedom?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Shotgun didn't start this thread to go down this path, but there are no "Christian beliefs" against drinking in moderation, or against alcohol being sold at sporting events. Yes, there are some ultra conservative Christians, most of which are 65+, that think all drinking is wrong, but I would say it is the extreme minority view these days.

With that said, I do think the "family atmosphere" thing is on Keenum's mind, which is not a valid reason not to do it based on the experience of stadiums that actually sell alcohol. And I do think Keenum is the road block based on everything I've heard from credible people and reading between the lines anytime Cohen talks about this issue.

And this has nothing to do with going a few hours without drinking or it being "that big a deal" to you. It's a legitimate money making opportunity that the school with the smallest budget is just giving up without any public explanation as to why.
    Shotgun asked a question and I answered it. Can you not handle the truth?

Drinking alcohol is no sin but getting drunk or having excessive is. Also a sin to do so in front of other weaker believers as well as if you are being a poor witness of your faith.

I know standing on a principal and not just doing everything for the money is foreign to most people but there are people that live by what they believe.

I don't have a big problem with anyone having a drink while watching the game but I also don't want some out of control drunk next to me either. I go to the games for the atmosphere and to cheer my team.

Keenum acts on what he believes. Going against the majority as what all of you are saying is not being a wimp, that is standing in what you believe.

Why start thee stupid threads where you already know the answer but just want to grip about it again and again?

vCash
    We will not be selling beer for football but very possible for basketball and beyond. Negotiations are under way between leerfield/Msu/anheuser-busch.
    Last edited by Rawdawg; 05-10-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

vCash
    You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

I honestly don't need it.

However, it's clear we'll have it soon and thus every game we play at DWS without beer is essentially throwing cash in the trash and burning it.

vCash
    I honestly don't need it.

However, it's clear we'll have it soon and thus every game we play at DWS without beer is essentially throwing cash in the trash and burning it.
    MSU is REALLY hard headed about some things especially when it comes to football. See the interlocking MSU. "We sold it to Nike so oh well!" There's no trying to find a middle ground or a solution. If they came out with some type of MSU logo for the helmets- not the Nike one- similar to what we wore in 1991 or 1980 fans would buy it up. Even if we only used it once a year.

So much BS. "Bracky isn't under the AD, SORRY can't do anything about it like create a separate compliance wing specializing in football." "Traffic flow- not our fault." "Getting into the stadium- not our fault".

The best thing that happened during the Moorhead era was our athletic department realized that we could hire a football coach with experience. Finally. I wish our MSU AD people would quit looking up to people like Larry Templeton and Scott Stricklin and asking them for advice on what MSU should be in football and start becoming creative on their own and trying to make it the best possible instead of throwing up a lot of invisible roadblocks because we sucked in 1969.

/Rant over.

vCash
    Cowbells or legal beer but not both. Drunks with weapons = liability

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    Cowbells or legal beer but not both. Drunks with weapons = liability
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    When I graduated High school you could buy beer at 18. Hell the drivers license did not have a photo. If you fit the description, Height, weight, eyes and hair you could use anyone's ID. You could use it to get into bars and liquor stores. Life was a lot more simple back then. You could kick someone ass and not worry about being filmed or going to jail.

vCash
    If we really need a family friendly section that is booze free, then make the upper decks alcohol free - no sales, no consumption. Rest of stadium is fair game.

vCash
    The risk must not be worth the reward.

Estimates are OM brought in an average of $100k a game last year of GROSS revenue. MU had $500k in GROSS sales revenue for the season. TexasAM had $2.4 sales revenue and a net of $500k. You would think our sales would be more similar to MU and OM and base on aTms net gains, we would net about $200k a year to sell beer. Also i would think our expenses would be higher. I don't know where our distributors would be for State. However I read OM gets their beer from Memphis. What distributor supplies the GTR?

With all that said, as long as Alabama doesn't sell beer. We won't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The risk must not be worth the reward.

Estimates are OM brought in an average of $100k a game last year of GROSS revenue. MU had $500k in GROSS sales revenue for the season. TexasAM had $2.4 sales revenue and a net of $500k. You would think our sales would be more similar to MU and OM and base on aTms net gains, we would net about $200k a year to sell beer. Also i would think our expenses would be higher. I don't know where our distributors would be for State. However I read OM gets their beer from Memphis. What distributor supplies the GTR?

With all that said, as long as Alabama doesn't sell beer. We won't.
    It's interesting to me how we're always waiting to see what Alabama does.

Why? Who the 17 cares what they are doing?

People have even been looking at Bama to see if we're going to play football this Fall.

Again, who TF cares what they do & why? Write your own legacy for goodness sakes.

vCash
    It's interesting to me how we're always waiting to see what Alabama does.

Why? Who the 17 cares what they are doing?

People have even been looking at Bama to see if we're going to play football this Fall.

Again, who TF cares what they do & why? Write your own legacy for goodness sakes.
    Because the school has the most successful football program in the history of college football.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Those 2 things aren?t mutually exclusive. Same logic is that coolers wouldn?t be allowed in the junction anymore. They can easily sell beer at concessions and let the junction and left field coolers be. It?s easy. I?d much rather buy beer from vendors in dws, the junction, the dude, etc... than lug around a cooler or smuggle liquor like I?ve been doing for almost 20 years.
    Comparing bringing coolers to tailgating and bringing coolers inside DNF aren't remotely close to the same thing.
    Last edited by THE Bruce Dickinson; 05-11-2020 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Because the school has the most successful football program in the history of college football.
    Which has nothing to do with us. How successful they are at football doesn't mean we have to treat them like our parent.

It's ridiculous. Makes no sense if you have a competitive mentality