Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beard it is.... A new low for UM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Is this the part of the Ole Miss coaching cycle where everyone freaks out about how they just hired the next big unstoppable coach and now they're going to totally own us and we'll never win again and we just can't compete and they have no morals and if we don't agree with the sky-is-falling mentality then we're just a bunch of blind sheep who are too stupid to see reality only to watch again as the next savior of OM football/basketball flames out and gets run after losing to lowly MSU too many times?

*checks thread*

Yep. It seems to be that part of the cycle, alright.
    He's the best basketball coach OM has ever had. They will be good as long as he's there.

vCash
    Beard will be at WVU as soon as Huggins retires which could be after next year
    What I had heard before this OM coaching job went down
    He was going to go to WVa as an assistant next year and take over for Huggins in 2 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's the best basketball coach OM has ever had. They will be good as long as he's there.
    Texas >>> Ole Miss. He?s about to find out how uncompetitive they are in basketball. He might get Andy Kennedy results. That doesn?t scare me because we got serious about trying to compete again.

vCash
    And Jans might be the best coach State ever had... Beard could flame out like so many "hot" coaches.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Texas >>> Ole Miss. He?s about to find out how uncompetitive they are in basketball. He might get Andy Kennedy results. That doesn?t scare me because we got serious about trying to compete again.
    Are you really saying he and AK are equals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And Jans might be the best coach State ever had... Beard could flame out like so many "hot" coaches.
    I love our coach. Both teams have outstanding coaches. Not sure why state fans have a problem admitting what's the entire college basketball world's option - beard is really good

vCash
    So he has baggage. So did Lane Kiffin. So did Jackie Sherrill....strike while the iron is hot. Buy undervalued stock.....whatever.

vCash
    Del
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Maybe. Beard is quite good though... 3 different programs to the round of 32 in 8-year Div 1 career. Obviously even farther at TT.

I like our coach, but I don't see how you can say he's better at this point. Jans certainly is good though
    Jans is two for two vs OM! Can't do better!o
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I love our coach. Both teams have outstanding coaches. Not sure why state fans have a problem admitting what's the entire college basketball world's option - beard is really good
    And we don't know why you get so amped up at every single up-and-coming coach.

Also... No mention of my new signature?!? Thumbs down... LOL
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And we don't know why you get so amped up at every single up-and-coming coach.

Also... No mention of my new signature?!? Thumbs down... LOL
    Haha, just noticed it. Figure you coulda found something more damning by me than that; I've said much dumber things than that

ETA... I wouldn't consider beard and up-and-coming coach. This will be his 9th year in div 1, and his 12th year as a HC

vCash
    A guy on SEC Radio this morning said Beard ain't outta woods yet with the DV incident. Although his girlfriend dropped the charges the DA still might opt to prosecute. DV laws have changed a lot over the last ten years. He was absolutely stunned ole miss hired him.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    If he gets Andy Kennedy results then he would have done a pretty good job. I'm betting he doesn't come close to getting the same results before he leaves. People forget that AK had several pretty good years at OM. & Andy is winning 23-25 per year since he left. Screenshot this & I'll ban myself if I'm wrong. I predict it's gonna be a circus up there for a few years bc it's gonna be very hard to recruit players with his record & he dang sure won't ever have a 1/4 of the talent he had at Tech or Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    A guy on SEC Radio this morning said Beard ain't outta woods yet with the DV incident. Although his girlfriend dropped the charges the DA still might opt to prosecute. DV laws have changed a lot over the last ten years. He was absolutely stunned ole miss hired him.
    Ole Miss has the best law school in Lafayette County so I'm sure they fully vetted him.***