Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup

vCash

Backup

What really is the deal with the backup qb situation? I mean if will has to play inured that really is a red flag. Surely he could have come out of the game and just let the others have one snap considering the circumstances. That?s what backups do especially in a blowout. Maybe I missed the memo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    What really is the deal with the backup qb situation? I mean if will has to play inured that really is a red flag. Surely he could have come out of the game and just let the others have one snap considering the circumstances. That?s what backups do especially in a blowout. Maybe I missed the memo.

I have the same question .... Anybody?
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Jack Abraham was supposed to be the back up. Somehow he got a concussion in practice and decided to stop playing football.

Lovertich is a Sun Belt/FCS caliber QB who loves MSU and I don't mind him being on the team. He's supposed to be third string.

Robertson and Greek aren't ready. Not sure how into football Sawyer really is so I wouldn't be surprised if Greek ends up being the guy in the future.

vCash
    And the qb in this system is the key. So they need plenty of reps. Leach said Will is the youngest starting qbs he has coached in 20 yrs other than Will last year. That tells me Will is all we have until the younger guys get some years in the system, or we get an experienced qb from the portal.

vCash
    Mike Pizinski. Come on down.

vCash
    Not having a backup ready is crazy, it was kinda dumb not letting Lovertich or even Sawyer get in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not having a backup ready is crazy, it was kinda dumb not letting Lovertich or even Sawyer get in the game.
    Greek is ahead of Sawyer. And a walk-on from south Alabama is our current number 2...
    I'll let you marinate on that a little while

vCash
    This is what happens when you overhaul your system completely and all the old experienced QBs because they just aren’t built for your system. It’s just what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Greek is ahead of Sawyer. And a walk-on from south Alabama is our current number 2...
    I'll let you marinate on that a little while
    Why not let back ups play late in the 4th quarter? I understand he is a walk on, it ain't like it could have gotten any worse to me.

vCash
    Why not let back ups play late in the 4th quarter? I understand he is a walk on, it ain't like it could have gotten any worse to me.
    True. Lovertich has played some college ball. Surely he could have got us through the 4th quarter. Don't understand taking the additional risk by playing Will.

vCash
    One thing is for sure- Rogers shoulder is sore and he is hurting this week.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Might get your wish this week...

vCash
    I don't wish an injury for a backup to play, I was hoping to get an injured Rogers out of the game somewhere in the 4th quarter while the game was well in doubt.

vCash
    Yeah for those clamoring, play someone else at QB.................be careful what you wish for.........

vCash
    All the hype on Robertson when we signed him and he's not ready? I thought he was going battle Rogers for the starting position.

vCash
    So much of what some have said makes sense .... Ex: basedog, Coach34, dawgfan, dawgface, to name a few ....
    Why sacrifice an injured key player, in what quickly became a hopeless cause? Number one, the wellbeing, of the player, should be tantamount. And number two, would not common sense make you reason it was not worth possibly worsening the damage, causing him to miss future games we could have won?? Even if Will wanted to keep playing, which I would doubt because of his obvious demonstrations of pain, there are supposed to be reasoning adults making good decisions.
    Last edited by Dawg_Lover; 10-18-2021 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah for those clamoring, play someone else at QB.................be careful what you wish for.........
    Yes, be very careful what you wish for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes, be very careful what you wish for.
    I think Rogers is a good QB, however, clearly he and some of his receivers weren't on the same page against Alabama. Rogers is pretty accurate with his passes most of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jack Abraham was supposed to be the back up. Somehow he got a concussion in practice and decided to stop playing football.

Lovertich is a Sun Belt/FCS caliber QB who loves MSU and I don't mind him being on the team. He's supposed to be third string.

Robertson and Greek aren't ready. Not sure how into football Sawyer really is so I wouldn't be surprised if Greek ends up being the guy in the future.
    Sawyers not into Football??? Wtf. Only MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure how into football Sawyer really is
    I find it really really hard to believe this
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More