Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I can not see LSU hiring someone with a background like that even though they can cover anything up. Their most recent hires- Kim Mulkey and Jay Johnson are not like that. It's also why I would be surprised if they hired Kiffin because of his playboy attitude especially with regards to women. Same with Urban Meyer. Freeze is going to beg for any SEC blueblood job that comes open. And he's never going to get it. He needs to focus on making Liberty the Southern Baptist Notre Dame and forget it.

If I were in LSU's shoes I think I would try to hire Bob Stoops. He has a clean background compared to the guys I mentioned above. He has won a National Title. He's a good coach. And I think he may be OK getting back into coaching as he took a XFL job before it folded. He's 61 too so he isn't ancient especially compared to Saban and Mack Brown. He has beaten Saban. I think he would be able to hire a good OC too and has a good eye for talent- see Leach, Kevin Wilson, Chuck Long, and Lincoln Riley. He could easily pull Lebby from Ole Miss and run the defense along with his brother Mike Stoops like Saban runs Alabama's defense.
He needs to focus on making Liberty University the Greenville Christian School of College Football!