Page 49 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickoeWatersHedges View Post
    What a great get for Jomo. Janari is a future NFL guy in my opinion.
    He's Marcus Murphy

vCash
    Maybe the steal of the state. Dean is legit. One of the best RBs in the state of MS. Could play DB, Star (in our D) or RB in college. Murphy is a great comparison for him. Tylan Knight as well except he is bigger

vCash
    Only a matter of time before Tulu gets back in the boat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    So I guess UM didn't want him. Is he our 1st Batesville commit since Pegues?
    Since Kendrick Market, 2011.

vCash
    Dillon Johnson about to pull the trigger also???

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    There are a few guys who are close

vCash
    I hope JoMo is really sold on all these guys and is getting who he wants. Because at this pace he's about to be full. I guess if some more studs wants to come we would make room. I know there is plenty of time for more evaluations for our guys to be ranked higher but this baby seems close to done. So how do you guys feel about the class?
    Edit: And no, I'm not complaining!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I hope JoMo is really sold on all these guys and is getting who he wants. Because at this pace he's about to be full. I guess if some more studs wants to come we would make room. I know there is plenty of time for more evaluations for our guys to be ranked higher but this baby seems close to done. So how do you guys feel about the class?
    This class has to be bigger than what the experts think. The math isn't adding up. And I'm fine if we oversign after about ten years of undersigning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Maybe the steal of the state. Dean is legit. One of the best RBs in the state of MS. Could play DB, Star (in our D) or RB in college. Murphy is a great comparison for him. Tylan Knight as well except he is bigger
    Dang crazy he?s only a 3 star. Shows offers from Alabama, Georgia, USCe, and Tenn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Dang crazy he?s only a 3 star. Shows offers from Alabama, Georgia, USCe, and Tenn
    If he committed to any of those others he'd be a 4 star at worst. The star system is incredibly flawed. Dean is for real

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This class has to be bigger than what the experts think. The math isn't adding up. And I'm fine if we oversign after about ten years of undersigning.
    Surely we will do what ever is necessary to sign the best players that want to be here. Oversigning included

vCash
    Presumably he?ll pickup a 4th. He?ll get invited to an all American game if he hasn?t already, atleast he should. IYOK comp is precise per usual imo. All credit goes to Shoop, TH, Marve, and T-Buck. Very pleased with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post

vCash
    DJ would be huge

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There are some guys who are committed that won't be in the class on signing day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I say load them up because we will lose a few before December.

vCash
    Seems like Joe is starting to gain a lot of trust from families & croots on the recruiting trail.

However, why does it seem like 247 has done a terrible job of evaluating MS players this year?

I realize we complain about this often, but this year especially sticks out because I have virtually no clue what we are getting due to it seeming like most every recruit is vastly underrated & in need of a new evaluation.

Did the 247 evaluators just punt on Mississippi this year?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I also think Joe will sign 25 and not worry about the future transfer market if there are guys that are just too good to pass up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I also think Joe will sign 25 and not worry about the future transfer market if there are guys that are just too good to pass up.
    Signing 25 & the transfer market have nothing to do with each other.

25 has to do with HS recruiting & the transfer market has to do with the 85 scholarships.

I think Joe signs a full 25 & then gets some attrition on top of that from currently unproductive players to create room for transfers.

The transfer market is a market that MSU MUST compete in. It's simply too good of an opportunity to round out our roster & lessen the amount of holes we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Look for the bell to be ringing this weekend .. and yes I said ringing ..
    This ain't the country club no more!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    This ain't the country club no more!
    We've currently got 1 4 star recruit. 1.

Jumping quickly on the 3 stars in the state & not pushing for more highly rated recruits from outside the state would be the definition of country club

I love the Dean commitment & I think JoMo is making the best of a down instate year, but let's slow the roll on praising his recruiting.

Again, regardless of anyone's opinions of what players SHOULD be ranked, JoMo currently only has 1 4 star commitment.

That will get us killed in our division. Absolutely slaughtered

Alabama has 17 4+ stars committed
    LSU has 13
    A&M has 5
    Auburn has 6

Those schools aren't committing every 3 instate kid that likes them. They are fighting for 4 stars.

Just saying.

I'm not being negative as I believe we will soon start to add the 4 stars, but it's just plainly inaccurate at this point to like this recruiting class. Completely inaccurate
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.