Thread: Auburn Coaching Search Rumors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Lane is not sticking around for a bowl game if he wants another job. Last year his agent was working his name everywhere, well before any bowl game.
    I wonder if word starts to leak out prior to the egg bowl. That would be great. Kill the fan base enthusiasm at TSUN before the game, and maybe the mood of the players. Welcome to our Dan Mullen era egg bowls, Ole Miss.
    Thing is with early signing day, it doesn't help the coach to keep it under wraps. Their next job is their priority. If there wasn't an early signing day, wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    That being said, I think if it's announced Kiffen is leaving they'll rally around him because they love him so much. That's not to say they won't be disappointed. They just better hope he doesn't take his best players with him, or recruits like Mullen did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Thing is with early signing day, it doesn't help the coach to keep it under wraps. Their next job is their priority. If there wasn't an early signing day, wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    That being said, I think if it's announced Kiffen is leaving they'll rally around him because they love him so much. That's not to say they won't be disappointed. They just better hope he doesn't take his best players with him, or recruits like Mullen did
    This is the issue. With early signing day, Auburn isn't going to want to even wait until the end of the regular season. At the very least, they are going to demand (and really should demand) that their coach be calling recruits no later than the two days after the end of the regular season, so the coach can at least pretend the deal got done the day after the end of the regular season. Without early signing period, it would be better for the new school for the coach to finish up the regular season strong. Hell, you could even arguably justify coaching through the bowl game based on a win being another feather in the cap to show recruits. I think coaches rarely went that route b/c of the risk of loss and schools not wanting a distracted coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is the issue. With early signing day, Auburn isn't going to want to even wait until the end of the regular season. At the very least, they are going to demand (and really should demand) that their coach be calling recruits no later than the two days after the end of the regular season, so the coach can at least pretend the deal got done the day after the end of the regular season. Without early signing period, it would be better for the new school for the coach to finish up the regular season strong. Hell, you could even arguably justify coaching through the bowl game based on a win being another feather in the cap to show recruits. I think coaches rarely went that route b/c of the risk of loss and schools not wanting a distracted coach.
    I think the transfer portal has negated this. Especially with the NIL money that the barn will throw around, they'll want to get seasoned transfers in who can have an immediate impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The news of Auburn's new coach will break the day after the iron bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The news of Auburn's new coach will break the day after the iron bowl
    Have a feeling it will start hitting rumor message boards the week of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    The players might rally around him because they want to impress and go with him. Kidding. But I do think it leaking out will kill the fanbase enthusiasm prior to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The players might rally around him because they want to impress and go with him. Kidding. But I do think it leaking out will kill the fanbase enthusiasm prior to the game.
    When it leaked out Mullen was going to Tennessee it felt pretty crappy. Then Fitz got Fitzed and then all enthusiasm vanished.

I would love the Kiffin to Auburn news to break Thanksgiving afternoon then we beat them soundly in the Egg that night.