Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic to Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    How do you know that?

This is the wrong attitude. We should be taking it personally and creating a better MSU that lessens the chance of this happening.
    The Athletic Department is awaiting your outstanding recommendation and plan***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Or they can support both.
    Our fans have shown that we are not capable of supporting both. Women's basketball loses money.

vCash
    The more I think about it, we really need to hire Harris to keep the recruits and the culture already built, she has been Vic's right hand woman for years now, she knows what it takes.. bringing in someone new can potentially set us back for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Our fans have shown that we are not capable of supporting both. Women's basketball loses money.
    Yeah, but it as much excitement as we have ever had!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Good luck telling that to the thousands that show up to every game and travel all over the country to watch the ladies play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Yeah, but it as much excitement as we have ever had!
    as much excitement as we have ever had in women's hoops? yeah, sure. But I have more excitement about a midweek baseball game than a women's final 4. I'm may be in the minority though.

Promote the top assistant and pay them 200K/year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Good luck telling that to the thousands that show up to every game and travel all over the country to watch the ladies play.
    then they should continue to support the team and not be bandwagon fans. I've shown up my whole life to support football even though we have no shot to ever win a national title.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 04-05-2020 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    The more I think about it, we really need to hire Harris to keep the recruits and the culture already built, she has been Vic's right hand woman for years now, she knows what it takes.. bringing in someone new can potentially set us back for years.
    I tend to agree. She's probably the right choice.

vCash
    then they should continue to support the team and not be bandwagon fans. I've shown up my whole to support football even though we have no shot to ever win a national title.
    That's fine. But if you're implying we go cheap, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. People have bought in to WBB. There's a huge portion of our fan base who love it. You don't fit that portion, and that's okay.

I prefer WBB personally. It's more team driven than individual, and in the past few years, they've been way more entertaining to watch than the men. That's my opinion and it's okay if people disagree, but many others share that opinion as well. I go to some men's games when I can. I support them and watch every game that I can't go to. But I don't miss a single women's game. Going cheap to "make room" won't go over well

vCash
    as much excitement as we have ever had in women's hoops? yeah, sure. But I have more excitement about a midweek baseball game than a women's final 4. I'm may be in the minority though.

Promote the top assistant and pay them 200K/year.
    You are def in the minority

vCash
    We got the best decade of vics career, most likely. So that is good at least. Yes I know he has some left in the tank, but your fifties are usually your best.

vCash
    Of course it's easy to understand but history will show That two is MSU's best ever coaches left under Cohen's watch.
    And history will probably show that he hired the best coaches in MSU history and won our first National Championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Cohen didn't lose either. Vic wanted to go back to Texas. Mullen wasn't planning on staying at MSU. He actually stayed a lot longer (by about 5 or 6 years) than he had originally planned too.
    History will show 50 years from now that MSU lost it's best every two coaches under the same AD. Regardless of the reasons, that's a fact
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    And history will probably show that he hired the best coaches in MSU history and won our first National Championship.
    Goodness I hope so. Would certainly flip the script.

vCash
    It's interesting how we come up with excuses now for these ADs while blaming Shira & Dudy Noble for losing the likes of Darrel Royal & firing Allen McKeen without knowing their excuses.

We also fire coaches when their best players are hurt or suspended.

Point is, stop making excuses. It's about wins & losses both on the field & off.

vCash
    History will show 50 years from now that MSU lost it's best every two coaches under the same AD. Regardless of the reasons, that's a fact
    Who cares, you think most will be around and folks 50 years from now will be talking about it? Well, if you have a son your legacy will live on***

LOL, I'm not sure anyone will agree with your post about 50 years, but it is a message board and it's known you don't care for our AD.

vCash
    definitely not a fact. Mullen is not our best football coach in history. That is your opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Who cares, you think most will be around and folks 50 years from now will be talking about it? Well, if you have a son your legacy will live on***

LOL, I'm not sure anyone will agree with your post about 50 years, but it is a message board and it's known you don't care for our AD.
    I like our AD. Have no issues with what I know about him.

Just pointing out that we blame our former ADs for losing great coaches without knowing their side of the story, but we give Cohen excuses.

vCash
    definitely not a fact. Mullen is not our best football coach in history. That is your opinion.
    Ok. He's in the top 3 with no one clearly better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No AD in America could've won those battles here.
    Exactly... it hurts... BAD... but damnit.. i understand.
    Let's go get the next Vic... ugh... hard to type... have to trsut that can happen. go big.. wbb is a top 3 sport for us.