Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the state of Mississippi is 1st in something besides fatasses............

vCash

the state of Mississippi is 1st in something besides fatasses............

The state where the most people are killed by firearms is Mississippi. Here are the details:

> Firearm death rate, 2020: 28.6 per 100,000 people

> Total deaths: 818 ? #23 most

> Population: 2,981,835 ? #34 largest

vCash
    This thread should end well

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Before I comment what to make sure we all agree on the logic.

Are we in agreement that if something can potentially kill people, it?s ok to ban it?

vCash
    If you like, few free to move to Chicago or Philadelphia. Chicago had almost the exact same number of homicides last year and is similar in population to MS. And that's just homicides where I'm betting your total for MS includes accidents and suicides.

vCash
    Gonna need more details.

How many suicides?
    How many self defense?
    How many Armalites used?
    How many domestic?
    How many accidentals?
    How many by officer shootings?

How many cases solved?

I have personal interest in 2020 gun deaths.

vCash
    Thanks Jackson!

vCash
    Let's also talk about abortion and theology in this thread.

vCash
    If you take out Jackson I bet it looks very different. Large cities seem to be the other factor in this that get left out of these discussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Thanks Jackson!
    Yep. And most by people who aren't allowed to own a gun or have a gun that's stolen. Let's make a law........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnadawg View Post
    If you take out Jackson I bet it looks very different. Large cities seem to be the other factor in this that get left out of these discussions.
    Don't forget that almost all big cities are run exclusively by democrats. Just a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    The state where the most people are killed by firearms is Mississippi. Here are the details:

> Firearm death rate, 2020: 28.6 per 100,000 people

> Total deaths: 818 ? #23 most

> Population: 2,981,835 ? #34 largest

And your point is????

vCash
    Seems like a random thread out of nowhere to get people riled up. Petty.

Banned
    vCash
    Alright fine I'm here to argue.

There's one argument for an automatic / semi-automatic gun in modern society. It's **** off, I like guns. Beyond that all others are pretty disingenuous. There's also another solid argument for not outlawing guns that I don't have the answer to because it's not really knowable. "How would you have people turn in the ones already available." It's difficult, but probably have them be compensated monetarily equivalent to purchases made based on registered ones. Unfortunately this solution takes a solid 5-10 years before we get to the end state where guns are astronomical in value ($10k+) and those buying black market guns don't need them.

All other arguments are just kinda silly. The government has the power to literally drone strike you at will. Your AR15 ain't doing shit.

Now bolt action hunting rifles? Ain't no one coming for that. Though it feels better to kill deer with a bow and also doesn't ruin as much meat imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

There's one argument for an automatic / semi-automatic gun in modern society. It's **** off, I like guns. Beyond that all others are pretty disingenuous. There's also another solid argument for not outlawing guns that I don't have the answer to because it's not really knowable. "How would you have people turn in the ones already available." It's difficult, but probably have them be compensated monetarily equivalent to purchases made based on registered ones. Unfortunately this solution takes a solid 5-10 years before we get to the end state where guns are astronomical in value ($10k+) and those buying black market guns don't need them.

All other arguments are just kinda silly. The government has the power to literally drone strike you at will. Your AR15 ain't doing shit.

Now bolt action hunting rifles? Ain't no one coming for that. Though it feels better to kill deer with a bow and also doesn't ruin as much meat imo.
    Let me just say i DO NOT ADVOCATE GUN CONTROL. I work for the department of defense for God's sake. just posting an excerpt from an article. Hailstate!

vCash

Fortunately, in the USA that's the only reason you need.

vCash

I don't pig hunt, but everyone I know that pig hunts uses an AR-15. The goal is to eradicate the pigs. Also, those AR's would do a lot of good in a situation like Ukraine is in right now. That's what the 2nd amendment is about as much as anything else.
    I've never hunted with my AR or my AK but I guess I could if I wanted to. I prefer lever guns, bolt actions, or my bow.

vCash
    Jackson had 155 homicides in 2021 alone. Their population is about 150,000. Nearby Madison has had 1 homicide in its entire history (and it was committed by someone who didn't live in Madison). It has about 30,000 people.

What is the difference? It's certainly not guns, as Madison has tons of legal gun owners that enjoy guns, hunting, etc. So what is the difference?

vCash
    Just to stir the ammo pot, I'll give up my ARs when our government officials stop having armed guards with them. Obviously they aren't needed for protection, right? I mean, who wants to be able to defend themselves from multiple intruders or threats? I'm for a 21 age limit (excluding military and law enforcement). That's it for me.
    If I'm a business owner and the lefty nut jobs started looting and burning my place, I should be able to drop as many rounds in their sorry asses as I can fire.
    I'd rather arrest worthless parents that do nothing with their kids. Those are the real damn criminals (I'm somewhat joking but not really).
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-20-2022 at 08:29 AM.

vCash

You need to read the bill of rights or have gotten a better education. If you regurgitate woke talking points on nearly every issue, you lack critical thinking skills.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 06-20-2022 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    Let?s just keep doing what we have been doing (Nothing.) because it is working so well.
    There are two things I do not argue about:
    1. The earth being round, and
    2. Whether stricter gun laws save lives.
    Sadly, it will take a few more dead school children before we have the courage to change.