Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
This is where it gets tricky because we have people in this state who for whatever reason(political, stubbornness, etc.) will not wear a mask no matter what. And these aren't healthy people either. It's obese people, older people, or people who have actual comorbidities. And then you have people like Robert Foster who is openly telling people to not wear their masks. Now I'm in the camp that it should be your choice whether you wear one or not, but if you're not going to wear one then don't A)complain when you get the virus or B) go into large public areas (grocery stores, restaurants, ballgames, etc.) where close contact is unavoidable and just straight up refuse to wear one.

I guess I say all that to say that some parts of the state haven't done a good job of controlling it, but at the same time it was unavoidable that we were going to have a flu season spike. Everyone has been saying that since March. We're in it now though so we have to do our best and live it with at this point. Heck, we might as well just steer into the skid and let it run it's course.
There are always going to be people that stubbornly ignore basic behavior that would help them and/or their fellow citizens. Whatever policy you choose has to take some non-compliance as a given. That said, to the extent you can move the needle on that at all, the way to do it is to appeal to people's community spirit, not tell them they're killing grandma. When you make stupid mistakes and then condemn people for not following your recommendations, it has the opposite effect.