Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your all decade (2010-2020) baseball team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So renfroe wouldn't make it? He was basically one great year. Rooker was ok then blew up his jr year. Lots of guys just have one great year. Heck besides magnum and holder, nobody had 3 good years and not many had 2 out of those listed.
    My argument isn't because he only had one great year, my argument was his resume doesn't match Graveman's. What a retarded inference to make.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Are we talking just overall talent as it translates to the MLB or their contributions at State? Graveman was the anchor starting pitcher on the national runner up team and contributed greatly to us reaching that final series. He logged big innings for us over a number of seasons. Hudson was used sparingly for two years before having one great season. He struggled in his regional start against SEMO that year and though he pitched well against Arizona in the Supers we still lost the game.

For an All-Decade team give me the guy who logged way more competitive innings, and way more postseason (including deep Omaha run starts) accomplishments. Kendall Graveman > Dakota Hudson for this sort of recognition. Again, not basing it just on higher end talent or MLB ceiling. If that was the case Woodruff would be here.
    I don?t have a problem with that. I personally would take Hudson though

vCash
    My argument isn't because he only had one great year, my argument was his resume doesn't match Graveman's. What a retarded inference to make.....
    What about Hatcher?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    What about Hatcher?
    I don't think he can match the power you get from Connor Powers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Move LoTan to catcher - His defense is worth having a lesser hitter
    Holder to set-up
    Gravemen Sunday starter
    Stratton to middle relief
    Girodo & Lindgren to LOOGY
    Frazier to 2B
    Westy to SS
    Allen to LF
    Rooker to DH

Rotation: Woodruff, Hudson, Graveman

Team could compete for the AL Central
    Tanner is the wrong decade..... he only had 20 ish games. In 20. It should be 2010-2019 and he wasn't here yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Westburg better at short than Frazier. Move Frazier to second westy to short and then TA or macnamee to DH.

Your order could use some adjusting as well. Lowe is not the 4 hole in that line up.
    Westy was pretty good, but his draft position is a way more influential than his actual performance

Jacob Robson-2015 was electric when healthy, like Skinner with a 350 batting average and CF quality defense skills

CT Bradford-2014 was also very good and hit 300 with a dead bat, like 340 with the current bat and ball. Great defense. Team leader too.

Gavin Collins -2016, Tanner Allen-2019, and Gridley- 2019 are all better than Westy. Allen hit 350 in 2019 with more HRs.

Also missing are clutch heros like McNamee and Cody Brown

vCash
    I don?t have a problem with that. I personally would take Hudson though
    Graveman was good and I would take him now, today. You look at the stats- Graveman surely was the best starter of 2013.

But the real strength of 2013 pitching was the Pen, not the starting.

vCash
    Again, wrong decade. But he's gonna have a huge head start on this one.
    No doubt westy could pull an air mail out of his ass on occasion but I think he makes plays that Frazier can?t. Routine grounder or a ball needing charged then Frazier is fine. In the hole either way or overall athleticism then I?ll take westy.

God I love baseball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Graveman was good and I would take him now, today. You look at the stats- Graveman surely was the best starter of 2013.

His ability to log those long innings as our SAT starter allowed the pen to be more geared up to be used on FRI and SUN in the series. Don't forget at one point in that year he went back to back to back 9-inning Complete Games for wins against Florida, Texas A&M, and Arkansas.

It was Graveman who after us starting off league play 0-2 vs LSU balled up Mason Katz and set the tone for the year with a huge win.

You can't leave Graveman off the all-decade team if you have any sense of MSU Baseball.

vCash
    Closer- Sims. It's kind of unfair to judge him on a COVID year.
    Set-up- Holder
    Relief ace- Lindgren
    Arm angle guy- Girodo

Fri- Hudson
    Sat- Small
    Sun- Stratton

Midweek- Graveman

C- Kruger
    1B- Lowe
    2B- Foscue
    3B- Jarrod Parks
    SS- Frazier

LF- Rooker
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Renfroe

DH- Tanner Allen
    PH- MacNamee
    PR- Robson
    UTL- Westburg

vCash
    Again, wrong decade. But he's gonna have a huge head start on this one.
    Obviously reading comprehension is my strong suit.... 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

vCash
    Retarded great comeback. Shouldn't you be on the bus to school? I'll take Hudson. No offense to Graveman

vCash
    His ability to log those long innings as our SAT starter allowed the pen to be more geared up to be used on FRI and SUN in the series. Don't forget at one point in that year he went back to back to back 9-inning Complete Games for wins against Florida, Texas A&M, and Arkansas.

It was Graveman who after us starting off league play 0-2 vs LSU balled up Mason Katz and set the tone for the year with a huge win.

You can't leave Graveman off the all-decade team if you have any sense of MSU Baseball.
    Coming from the guy who said we couldn't see Bc Hatcher was havi great at bats. Had you said I'd stick with him Bc he's gonna break out well, ok. But you kept saying he was having great at bats. Comical.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No way Sims isn't on there somewhere.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Ross Mitchell was the MVP of that pitching group. Dude would pitch damn near every game and at one time had like 20 wins with 1 or 2 losses. Of course that was with the dead ball. His last year with the new ball made him not very effective.

vCash
    Hudson had better stuff than Graveman, he just did. Now, it could certainly be argued that Graveman had the overall better career (I think he was 19-13 overall/8-5 his senior year) and Hudson did pitch sparingly his first two years but his junior year he was outstanding. He did lose to Arizona 1-0 in the Supers and was outdueled by Bobby Dalbec. That guy almost single handedly beat us in that Super.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Ross Mitchell was the MVP of that pitching group. Dude would pitch damn near every game and at one time had like 20 wins with 1 or 2 losses. Of course that was with the dead ball. His last year with the new ball made him not very effective.
    Even with his Senior year with the new ball, he had a better career than anybody on the list. He completely hacked BBCOR and Raised Seam baseballs.

He basically saved 2014 and became an SEC starter for us. He pitched more innings, had more wins and a better ERA than Stratton, Hudson, and Graveman.

In 2013.....Mitchell was 13-0 with a 1.53 ERA, pitched in Omaha, Super Regionals, and SEC.

If you include him on the team of the Decade you gotta make people swing the 2013 Bat and let Ross toss the funky 2013 Ball.

By the way, if Renfroe had Rooker's bat and ball from 2017, he would have hit 390 with 48 HRs, but more likely, he would have intentionally walked 120 times in 210 season at bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Hudson had better stuff than Graveman
    That's not the point of an all-decade team. It's about the accomplishments for your school. Brandon Woodruff has better stuff than both of them but I wouldn't put him on the all-decade team.

Graveman's accomplishments over a whole career but especially 2013 far outweigh Hudson's 2016.

Multiple seasons of significant contributions
    Huge LSU win after we started 0-2 in league play.
    Back to Back to Back SEC complete game wins over quality teams (Arkansas, Florida, Texas A&M)
    3-0 in the 2013 postseason and we won his other Omaha start.

vCash
    List your all decade Bulldog Baseball team (2010-2020) and in your preferred batting order and positions.

1. Jake Mangum CF
    2. Adam Frazier SS
    3. Brent Rooker LF
    4. Nate Lowe 1B
    5. Justin Foscue 3B
    6. Jordan Westburg DH
    7. Hunter Renfroe RF
    8. Jack Kruger C
    9. Brett Pirtle 2B

Friday- Ethan Small
    Saturday- Chris Stratton
    Sunday- Dakota Hudson

Relief- Chad Girodo
    Relief- Jacob Lindgren
    Relief- Jonathan Holder
    Seems like there's probably some recency bias there, in particular putting Westburg at DH. He obviously was good for us, but seems like we could get a better bat in the lineup with DH. I admittedly can't come up wtih anybody better off hand, but I question whether Foscue is the best we can do at 3B.

Of course it's also hard because of the changes to the ball. Can't leave Mitchell off if you're talking about production, but not sure he would have been anything special with the newer balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Seems like there's probably some recency bias there, in particular putting Westburg at DH. He obviously was good for us, but seems like we could get a better bat in the lineup with DH. I admittedly can't come up wtih anybody better off hand, but I question whether Foscue is the best we can do at 3B.

Of course it's also hard because of the changes to the ball. Can't leave Mitchell off if you're talking about production, but not sure he would have been anything special with the newer balls.
    Foscue was better than Pirtle if you move him to 2nd. He honestly is a prototype 2B or 3B in MLB. He hit around .350 with 10 or so homers per year. He would be the best hitter on this team right now and I love Tanner Allen.