Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Per Bret McMurphy on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    To my knowledge, this will take a 75% vote and I don't see that happening.
    It will get approved. Too much money at stake. Cannot see these schools willingly turning down millions of dollars in extra revenue on a yearly basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Forget that it hurts us, this would make sec football unbelievable. We're basically a non-factor in football anyway, so I won't be upset that the overall product will be fantastic
    Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? How in god's name is this going to be enjoyable for us. I watch for Mississippi State football not OU or Texas football. How is adding Alabama level competition going to make watching MSU football more enjoyable? Sure we are have a very low chance of winning a natty in football but at least there was a bit of hope that kept the fires burning in our guts. With this alignment that hope is pretty much a dead deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? .
    I'm both.

We had probably our best coach ever with the Dallas Cowboys starting qb snd multiple nfl guys with a down sec west one 2014, and we still couldn't get it done. With or without Oklahoma and texas, we aren't winning the west any time in the foreseeable future

vCash
    There's no way it would be getting this much talk if it weren't already a done deal. It's going to be really embarrassing for all of the SEC, Oklahoma, and Texas if this somehow gets derailed, and they would be already spinning and denying it if failure was a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There's no way it would be getting this much talk if it weren't already a done deal. It's going to be really embarrassing for all of the SEC, Oklahoma, and Texas if this somehow gets derailed, and they would be already spinning and denying it if failure was a possibility.
    Man finally has what he wants. Caesar rules all.

vCash
    11 of the 14 schools would have to be in. 78.6%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    11 of the 14 schools would have to be in. 78.6%
    A&M is a hard no, I could see Arky (they benefit in recruiting from the lack of SEC Texas teams), and maybe Missouri saying no.

vCash
    At least we have a 20-30% chance of beating Texas or Oklahoma in a given year. We have 0% chance of beating Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yeah, sec will twist arms to get what they want.

The return of aTm vs Texas as an SEC game would be pretty awesome

vCash
    The sec could add FSU and Clemson after this, and basically tell the ncaa to F off any time there's a rule it doesn't like.

vCash
    Man, we gonna cash some big checks, but take a pounding on Saturdays
    Personally I would rather face OU and TX than Alabama every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Personally I would rather face OU and TX than Alabama every year.
    Well, we'd most likely face all 3

vCash
    Damn some of the folks bitching about gaining two power houses to the Sec, what the hell y'all want, join a conference with Tulane, S Ala, Tulane, La Tech......

It's all good, Msu will survive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Damn some of the folks bitching about gaining two power houses to the Sec, what the hell y'all want, join a conference with Tulane, S Ala, Tulane, La Tech......

It's all good, Msu will survive.
    Base, you would change your tune if you lived in Big 12 country.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it's just gonna kill any chance of ever making Atlanta. We need down years by the big boys to have a shot, and now you have even more big boys... not all are gonna be down at same time
    DAMN! Just when we were getting close to Atlanta, this happ......Oh wait.
    No Signature

vCash
    Well, we'd most likely face all 3
    Not every year. We would probably get one of them each year but UT has not impressed me. I would play them every year. I figure we would end up not playing any of the three one year but pick up GA that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    come on

WEST
    Missouri
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Am
    LSU
    Arky
    State
    OM

EAST
    Bama
    Aub
    UGA
    Tenn
    Cocks
    Fla
    Vandy
    UK

This keeps the stupid Tenn / Bama game and Aub / UGA game

9 game sec schedule ( a home and away with cross division teams )
    I think this would be a much more competitive set up for us than what we have now in the West. Everyone thought the "sleeping giant of A&M" was going to kill us forever in the West, and we are 4-5 against them since they joined.
    Texas is Texas - the perpetual let down. They have been that way since the early 1980s and need an Elite coach to make them anything else. Thankfully, they tend not to hire elite coaches.
    Oklahoma has been feasting on terrible B12 teams for 2 decades - and still typically lose a game or two to the Kansas States of the league - which means they are beatable. Put thru an SEC meat grinder and they will be about like Auburn.
    Honestly, I think a west with these teams would be a lot like the West in the 1990s - when anyone not named Ole Miss could win it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Sounds like an Ole miss sorority girl.
    very well played Stark
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Yeah I don’t get the fear some have of this. I personally prefer the old days of pre expansion, BUT the times they are a changing and being on the forefront of major change instead of reacting to it is most likely the best way to go.

We are still a baseball power with this, we are still a football also ran. So not much will change.

vCash
    It's way more than that ... The last time this kind of talk came around, the State legislature of Oklahoma shut it down and declared UO & OK State will remain in the same conference ... it would actually take an act of legislature for this to happen. Maybe the true reality would be UO & OK State coming in to the conference.... screw Texas and their entitled believing selves
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.