Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dicenzo Miller, Jerious Norwood, or Boobie Dixon

vCash

Dicenzo Miller, Jerious Norwood, or Boobie Dixon

Who would you rather have in the Leach offense if you had to pick one? Please explain your answer.

Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch? It was at David Wade. For the life of me I cannot find this catch ANYWHERE and it is bugging the crap out of me.

I want to chose Boobie because of his blocking ability, but, I just don't see him having the quickness needed to get this done. I think I would chose Dicenzo over Jerious, Dicenzo could run through the tackles, block, and catch in the flats. I also feel like he was just a more natural runner than Jerious was, don't get me wrong I love Jerious, dude was a boss and I wish Atlanta would have kept him.

let me know what you think! Hailstate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Who would you rather have in the Leach offense if you had to pick one? Please explain your answer.

Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch? It was at David Wade. For the life of me I cannot find this catch ANYWHERE and it is bugging the crap out of me.

I want to chose Boobie because of his blocking ability, but, I just don't see him having the quickness needed to get this done. I think I would chose Dicenzo over Jerious, Dicenzo could run through the tackles, block, and catch in the flats. I also feel like he was just a more natural runner than Jerious was, don't get me wrong I love Jerious, dude was a boss and I wish Atlanta would have kept him.

Honestly couldn't go wrong with either but Jerious before his knee injury ran a 4.3 and Dicenzo ran a 4.6-4.7. I probably pick Jerious just for the sake of speed.

Jerious still does signings and other stuff around ATL. I think he was well liked but couldn't stay healthy.

vCash
    AD is my all time favorite Dawg, however he is the only “wrong” answer. Miller was one of the best players I personally played against. With that said, I would go with J-rock for the air-raid.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

Great topic, thank you. These are three of my favorite Dogs regardless of position and I would gladly take any of the three in this offense.

Boobie's hands were extremely underrated and he would be a great personality fit with Leach. His blocking ability is not really a big factor because our backs are asked to block less often than in pretty much any other non-wishbone offense, but would still be great and was an absolute warrior.

Dicenzo probably showed his hands while at State the most and he even held for extra points they were so good. His open field make-you-miss ability was fantastic. Maybe the "slowest" of the group but extremely quick and just a friggin playmaker.

Jerious was the fastest and most twitchy athlete of the three and we didn't ask him to catch the ball nearly as much as we should have. He's another guy that did everything right and never complained despite a coaching change, crap offense under Croom and poor OL most of the time.

My answer without a lot of conviction is Jerious, though I could probably be persuaded to change my mind in favor of either of the other two.

vCash
    I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Jerious because i have personal bias. Got to know and went to game with a booster back when I still lived in MS. Dude just refused to play games during crootin. Always have respected Jerious.

vCash
    Norwood

vCash
    Write in candidate - Keffer McGee

vCash
    Give me the bowling ball in this offense

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would take Omar Conner at WR in this offense. Dude was a heck of an athlete that was forced to be our qb but should have been an all SEC type of WR.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Omar Conner at Noxubee County was as much of a one man show as I?ve ever seen in football. He was unbelievable.

vCash
    Norwood would be a heisman candidate with Leach

vCash
    Norwood in this offense would be hell on wheels. Kylin could've been like this if he had his head on straight, but not to the level Jerious could be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.
    can't count the times Perkins caught big gainers from out of the back field and I'm sure Leach would have used Holloway in a much different role ... this reflects my thoughts as well
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    can't count the times Perkins caught big gainers from out of the back field and I'm sure Leach would have used Holloway in a much different role ... this reflects my thoughts as well
    I'll never forget two of those passes Perkins caught out of the backfield at the end of the 2010 season. Brandon McCrae ended DB's on both of those plays with crackback blocks.

vCash
    Norwood, one of the most underrated RB's ever. He had some success with the Falcons but the world never really new how good he was. He had great hands out of the backfield and was so fast and shifty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Honestly couldn't go wrong with either but Jerious before his knee injury ran a 4.3 and Dicenzo ran a 4.6-4.7. I probably pick Jerious just for the sake of speed.

Jerious still does signings and other stuff around ATL. I think he was well liked but couldn't stay healthy.
    Yeah, that speed freaking killed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Great topic, thank you. These are three of my favorite Dogs regardless of position and I would gladly take any of the three in this offense.

Boobie's hands were extremely underrated and he would be a great personality fit with Leach. His blocking ability is not really a big factor because our backs are asked to block less often than in pretty much any other non-wishbone offense, but would still be great and was an absolute warrior.

Dicenzo probably showed his hands while at State the most and he even held for extra points they were so good. His open field make-you-miss ability was fantastic. Maybe the "slowest" of the group but extremely quick and just a friggin playmaker.

Jerious was the fastest and most twitchy athlete of the three and we didn't ask him to catch the ball nearly as much as we should have. He's another guy that did everything right and never complained despite a coaching change, crap offense under Croom and poor OL most of the time.

My answer without a lot of conviction is Jerious, though I could probably be persuaded to change my mind in favor of either of the other two.
    Preciate it, man. You make great points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Those are great additions... I would take Brandon over Perkins for speed, but, overall I would take Perkins. He at least wouldn't be tackled by the pinky finger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Norwood
    Why?