Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are lucky to have mike leach

Banned
    vCash

We are lucky to have mike leach

Period. Regardless of wins and losses(wins will come. He will win as much as Mullen did). But regardless of that. Just to have a character of his kind as our head football coach. I love it.

vCash
    I like leach. I just prefer a different style of football. But if he can win here I’ll be happy with it.

vCash
    I really believe he will win here. just needs his type qb and wide receivers.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Period. Regardless of wins and losses(wins will come. He will win as much as Mullen did). But regardless of that. Just to have a character of his kind as our head football coach. I love it.
    what about all his cussin' Preach? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We'll be dang lucky if he wins as much as *******. I'm afraid those were the glory years of MSU football, if he had just stayed one more year, what could have been...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    We'll be dang lucky if he wins as much as *******. I'm afraid those were the glory years of MSU football, if he had just stayed one more year, what could have been...
    Loser Mentality

vCash
    Jackie was better than Dan from 1991-2000.

vCash
    I think IF we can hit on some JUCO offensive linemen and keep Walley for his senior year 2023 could be VERY good for us.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I like leach. I just prefer a different style of football. But if he can win here I’ll be happy with it.
    MSU has played the most boring style of football imaginable for 100 years until we hired Dan Mullen (and even that was not the most exciting brand of football). If we are going to go 8-4 this is a much more enjoyable way to do it IMO.

vCash
    If he stayed another year we'd have gone 10-2 at best and shat the bed in the bowl game ala 2014. Mullen was not a big game coach, he was not good at getting the teams' head right if they had a modicum of success, he was not going to adapt the O and power spread run attack doesn't work vs elite front 7s. Remember, we only took Bama to the wire in '17 because they started 3rd stringers due to injuries. We never, not once, have been able to run it on them.

And for all his "winning", he had a .600 win % here. he averaged less than 7 wins a year, and never had an upset of a team that was still ranked high at the end f the year (ie he only "upset" overrated teams)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dan had a much tougher row to hoe.

vCash
    I just can't take the guy seriously. I didn't before he got here btw.

Hope he kicks ass and proves he is a great football coach.

vCash
    You listen to Out of Bounds.

We played the same style of football as 99% of the country prior to Leach.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Dan had a much tougher row to hoe.
    No he didn’t. He had a tougher road to win the west but he had the easiest path to bowl games in the history of MSU athletics. When Jackie coached, USM and that conference was closer to us budget wise and we actually lost recruits to them. Our facilities were dog shit at that time. Mullen didn’t have to deal with that. He also had about 40 more bowl games available to keep the bowl streak alive. Jackie had a team in 97 that competed for the SEC West for half the season, won 7 games in an 11 game schedule, and did not make a bowl game. That would never happen today or when Mullen was here. He rode 4 cupcake nonconference games and a shitty OM/Kentucky team to a 6-6 (or 5-7 in 1 year) bowl game 3 times 9 years. None of those would have been bowl teams in Jackie’s time and obviously his 5-7 09 team would not have been a bowl team either. He would have basically made a bowl game every other year if he coached in Jackie’s era even with all of the advantages he had to get there.
    Last edited by Jarius; 07-21-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I just can't take the guy seriously. I didn't before he got here btw.

Hope he kicks ass and proves he is a great football coach.
    I've talked to a lot of Tech fans living in fort worth. Never met one who liked his departure. Shotgun posted some stats a while back showing crootin stats compared to on field success. The guy is gonna win here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I've talked to a lot of Tech fans living in fort worth. Never met one who liked his departure. Shotgun posted some stats a while back showing crootin stats compared to on field success. The guy is gonna win here.
    Yes every serious Tech fan is now an MSU fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yes every serious Tech fan is now an MSU fan
    Absolutely amazes me they ran him off. He was a perfect fit for that school, that state, and that conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jackie was dominant in that span, as good as ever at MSU.

vCash
    Will wait to anoint him when he?s actually achieved something.

vCash
    I hope we are more entertaining this year than last year bc that's all we can hope for.