Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rotation set - Kinda surprised

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you don’t get a decent start out of Canadian Bacon-
    I'm not sure what your deal is with the nicknames, but I hope it burns you again.

How many game-winning hits did "FOAM BAT" have in his career? 2 at least, probably more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I'm not sure what your deal is with the nicknames, but I hope it burns you again.

How many game-winning hits did "FOAM BAT" have in his career? 2 at least, probably more.
    I don't see how "Canadian Bacon" is derogatory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It may not be.

Would he call him that if he were 3-0 with a 1.25 ERA?

vCash
    I don't agree with pitching Cerentola in the rotation but it doesn't surprise me. Glad to see Bednar in the rotation though.

vCash
    It may not be.

Idk probably.

vCash

A) Foam Bat wasn’t mine. That was from ISID. I called him Belmont. The guy never hit consistently so there was never any “burning”. Hell- he even got booted his last season and had to coach 1st base after hitting .221 as a Jr

B) nicknames are fun. Hell our own Baseball Twitter will list the line-up by nicknames.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It may not be.

Yes- because that is what I nicknamed him

vCash
    It's derogatory. It takes a perfectly good meat and somehow makes it less desirable, just with a shitty name. Or maybe the name is just there to not besmirch ham's reputation by bringing attention to the fact that it keeps ruining pizzas. After all, it's not ham's fault that ass hats keep insisting on putting it where it doesn't belong. Regardless, nobody with any sense or taste can see canadian bacon as anything but derogatory.

vCash
    I like Fristoe a lot and think he?s our Friday or Saturday starter next year, but I do think it?s possible to overstate what he?s done so far. The Kent State start was awesome, otherwise he?s just been OK. He had what was clearly our weakest of the three starts last weekend.

I understand the issues with Cerentola and that he?s very rarely been reliable as a starter, but I also get that his ceiling is super high and last weekend was the first time all season he?s shown command. Certainly think you have a short leash if it goes south, but he did show some good things last week that, if sustainable, would mean he can be a rotation piece all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Marathon, not a sprint

We don?t have a single kid with certified War Horse innings- like Pilkington as a junior. I bet we end up using 6 different starters this year for rest, matchups, or hot streaks. Mac, Bednar, EC, Fristoe, B Smith, and Harding are all going to start at some point. We are going to be super fresh in May and June.

I will not be surprised if we get April and May surprise ?opt outs? from marquee players that just want to be drafted high and call it a season. I?m not thinking MSU, I?m thinking Vandy and Florida. Wu Flu, Mercenary Programs, and Modern Culture are gonna make an impact. Why take a Final at Vandy or tolerate torturing whistling, if you can chill in Miami and get drafted.
    ^^^This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I like Fristoe a lot and think he?s our Friday or Saturday starter next year, but I do think it?s possible to overstate what he?s done so far. The Kent State start was awesome, otherwise he?s just been OK. He had what was clearly our weakest of the three starts last weekend.

I understand the issues with Cerentola and that he?s very rarely been reliable as a starter, but I also get that his ceiling is super high and last weekend was the first time all season he?s shown command. Certainly think you have a short leash if it goes south, but he did show some good things last week that, if sustainable, would mean he can be a rotation piece all season.
    If Fristoe has just been "ok" then what would characterize Cerrantola as been? Hell or MacLeod? Fristoe has been our most consistent starter this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If Fristoe has just been "ok" then what would characterize Cerrantola as been? Hell or MacLeod? Fristoe has been our most consistent starter this year.
    He was not good on Sunday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He wasn't bad.

vCash
    He wasn't bad.
    He wasn't better than the Canadian

vCash
    He wasn't better than the Canadian
    He has been in literally every other start this year. It's one game.

vCash
    Eh its a smart move. Move your most inconsistent guy to the back and hope to save up the pen for his day. If he gives you 2 innings great, you have enough bullpen to piece the remainder of the game together.

Cerantola will continue to get opportunities because if/when he figures it out he will be very very good. He is the type of arm that if hes on he will go shove it against any lineup in the country. You have to keep giving him opportunities to figure it out.

Pitching will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's derogatory. It takes a perfectly good meat and somehow makes it less desirable, just with a shitty name. Or maybe the name is just there to not besmirch ham's reputation by bringing attention to the fact that it keeps ruining pizzas. After all, it's not ham's fault that ass hats keep insisting on putting it where it doesn't belong. Regardless, nobody with any sense or taste can see canadian bacon as anything but derogatory.
    I prefer my bacon from the belly, not the loin....because I'm a civilized human being.**

vCash
    He gave up 1 run in 4 innings on 3 hits. That’s good. You most likely won’t get that out of Canadian Bacon this Sunday

vCash
    The Red Maple Leaf will be just fine. Our issue with LSU is that we put those Pussies on a pedestal

Cerantola wont be rattled by drunk 250 lb grandmothers with arm and neck tattoos. Fristoe and Sims are going to come from the pen and drop bombs too. After Arlington and the Dude, LSU is not special. Even Trustmark is great leveling experience for the boys

The time when we pitched Saturday and Sunday with Walkons and Rudy Ruettigers is past. 2021 is like strolling into LSU with Reed, Jobes, and Chris George. This weekend is a Business Trip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Baseball is the one sport where we can realistically play to win it all. Yes, Cerantola has been shaky so far, but if he figures it out, him starting and Fristoe coming out of the pen versus just Fristoe starting and Cerantola being basically unavailable because we gave up on him in March could be the difference between a championship or a quick CWS or super regional exit. You don't give up on that potential to maximize your chances of winning a Sunday game in the middle of March.

Plus, as Commerce mentioned, Fristoe is a freshman. While starting experience versus lsu would probably be great for his development, there's also something to be said for not pitching him too much too early, so he is still fresh at the end of the year.
    Agreed. Lemonis is playing to win it all. He?s hoping to develop Cerantola and Fristoe. We will need them in June. It?s not about one series or one game in March.