Thread: MSU Baseball Omaha Third Times a Charm Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    I agree that this isn't our most talented team to ever make it, but I was talking to some buddies last night and we all agreed that this might be the team to get it done. There's not one team in this field that I don't think we match up well with and can beat. We've already beaten Texas and did it very convincingly.....I'd imagine they're having some sleepless nights thinking about what Landon Sims did to them. He absolutely shoved it. And with UT....well I think our team will be plenty fired up to play that one. We go 2 and 0 and have Harding waiting for whoever makes it out and get past that and hopefully we get Vandy. We have plenty of unfinished business with those boys.

Again, it's not our most talented team but the bracket is set up really well for them as long as we keep winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I agree that this isn't our most talented team to ever make it, but I was talking to some buddies last night and we all agreed that this might be the team to get it done. There's not one team in this field that I don't think we match up well with and can beat. We've already beaten Texas and did it very convincingly.....I'd imagine they're having some sleepless nights thinking about what Landon Sims did to them. He absolutely shoved it. And with UT....well I think our team will be plenty fired up to play that one. We go 2 and 0 and have Harding waiting for whoever makes it out and get past that and hopefully we get Vandy. We have plenty of unfinished business with those boys.

Again, it's not our most talented team but the bracket is set up really well for them as long as we keep winning.
    I agree with everything except I don’t want Vandy. Only due to that insufferable whistling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree with everything except I don’t want Vandy. Only due to that insufferable whistling.
    The chance to shut that mouth breather up is worth the risk.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

If you start our 2-0 you have enough days between games to start the game 1 starter again. Also the days off can allow you to extend Sims a little more in game 1, if needed to lock up the W. Will get at least a days rest.

The CWS game schedule sets up well for this staff, if they stop giving free passes and the offense comes to play. The only kicker is the championship series if we get that far. Need to hope for an early Vandy exit to increase the odds.

ETA. Whenever Cumbest gets a little more upward finish in his swing, he’s going to start taking people out in the LFL. Dude has the highest exit velo I saw in any post season games. He hits lasers and when his swing evolves, he will be a 20+ HR guy easy.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 06-16-2021 at 06:51 PM.