Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah defense is a work in progress right now. DC appears to be excellent but we got work to do.
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I keep getting rave reviews about Arnett. But Jinny's and joes are an issue. Not having Lovett is big.
    Not having Lovett’s talent does hurt, but Lovett himself may have been a cancer that brought everyone down.

Just observing Lovett, I’m not sure he would’ve made it under this staff. Not sure their style is his style.

Perhaps he’ll mature
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not having Lovett?s talent does hurt, but Lovett himself may have been a cancer that brought everyone down.

Just observing Lovett, I?m not sure he would?ve made it under this staff. Not sure their style is his style.

Perhaps he?ll mature
    Maybe... but most kids, and I say most, thrive the more they are pushed. He wasn't a cancer last year. He just got led the wrong way by someone. Maybe he wouldn't have made it. But had he stayed, I doubt he would have quit and would have instead flourished. But that Ship has sailed

vCash

If Arnett is really good, then our defense will be competitive this year. We’ve got an awful lot of 4 stars over there. The Jimmy’s and Joes aren’t that bad

vCash
    If Arnett is really good, then our defense will be competitive this year. We’ve got an awful lot of 4 stars over there. The Jimmy’s and Joes aren’t that bad
    I'm not going to argue w you it would be a waste of time. But I'll leave this, . our second best cb isn't 160 lbs. and he's gaine more than 10 since he got here. We have zero depth at any position. But let Arnett have it when I'm right. I tried telling everyone last year our d was not going to be good. I was told but rivers, Cole and so and so were Nfl players ( they never were close) we lost them, gay, Autry, Lovett, dantzler and Jones off of a bad defense. But ok we will be fine.

vCash
    I'm not going to argue w you it would be a waste of time. But I'll leave this, . our second best cb isn't 160 lbs. and he's gaine more than 10 since he got here. We have zero depth at any position. But let Arnett have it when I'm right. I tried telling everyone last year our d was not going to be good. I was told but rivers, Cole and so and so were Nfl players ( they never were close) we lost them, gay, Autry, Lovett, dantzler and Jones off of a bad defense. But ok we will be fine.
    Calm down dude
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Calm down dude
    The "we gonna be bad on defense" crew is very similar to Coronabros

They don't want to hear other opinions, they don't want to hope, and care more about being right than trying to be optimistic.

It's a disease of arrogance and I'm not saying they're wrong. I just prefer to hope and be optimistic.

vCash

They don't want to hear other opinions, they don't want to hope, and care more about being right than trying to be optimistic.

It's a disease of arrogance and I'm not saying they're wrong. I just prefer to hope and be optimistic.
    Don't you want honest opinions?

We are not SEC ready at 1 CB spot and 1 safety spot. We are light on depth across the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Don't you want honest opinions?

We are not SEC ready at 1 CB spot and 1 safety spot. We are light on depth across the board.
    I do want honest opinions but you seemed angry that someone would hope.

vCash

No here's the problem, you dipshits want info. I bring what I know and hear. Y'all don't like it some I'm wrong or don't know crap. Fine. Start 8000 threads and beg for info from someone else. It's not like I want to be right it's just what I'm hearing from really really good source. But don't worry I won't worry about it. Figure it out for yourselves. Checking out. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-05-2020 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    No here's the problem, you dipshits want info. I bring what I know and hear. Y'all don't like it some I'm wrong or don't know crap. Fine. Start 8000 threads and beg for info from someone else. It's not like I want to be right it's just what I'm hearing from really really good source. But don't worry I won't worry about it. Figure it out for yourselves. Checking out. Enjoy.
    4-6 unless our offense becomes some kind of hell diving scoring machine. Our defense is going to suffer. Second and third teams need to be ready.

vCash
    I appreciate the info and can live in the real world and still remain optimistic. I'm sure a lot of others appreciate it too.

vCash
    Shotgun, He's telling you that so you don't go postal the second game in when our D struggles like you typically do and start spouting the D coordinator sucks etc. etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Calm down dude
    What do I need to calm down about??

vCash
    Fred Smoot weighed 165 lbs and was an All American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Feed smoot was golaith compared to Forbes. And no he didn't weigh 165. But he could get in your jock and hang on too.

vCash
    lol- Fred Smoot didnt weigh 165 when he was at Miss State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Cam Dantzler may be a better example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cam Dantzler may be a better example.
    If you're talking value based on weight it doesn't matter. Smoot was lighter than Dantzler and shorter.

vCash
    If you're talking value based on weight it doesn't matter. Smoot was lighter than Dantzler and shorter.
    I don't really think there is value in weight- at least not at CB. My point was I was agreeing with you that you can play CB at 165 and be good. I had a class with Smoot and we were essentially the same size- height and weight wise and I weighed 180 then.

The biggest thing with CB to me is their ball skills. Can you cover the guy? Or do you get burned.