Thread: Regional Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    The problem with the idea that Harding is better out of the pen is that we have seen him start, and he pitched very well in that role.

And I wouldn't even care if he's better out of the pen, it isn't worth it if not starting him means we're starting from behind already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The problem with the idea that Harding is better out of the pen is that we have seen him start, and he pitched very well in that role.

And I wouldn't even care if he's better out of the pen, it isn't worth it if not starting him means we're starting from behind already.
    I think it’s the Missouri game start that has people concerned. But other than that start he has looked good in both roles. I think he will end being a weekend starter for us next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I think it’s the Missouri game start that has people concerned. But other than that start he has looked good in both roles. I think he will end being a weekend starter for us next year.
    It's 100% the Missouri start. However, I'm willing to believe that he just had a bad outing in that one because we've seen him start before and he's done well. I imagine he's the starter if it goes to a Game 3.

Another question that will be interesting is who do we start Game 1? I'd lean Bednar because he usually starts Saturday and usually starts day games so I feel like he'll be more acclimated to pitching in warmer conditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Do we think he'll come back for a fifth year? I'd hope he would since he didn't really get a junior year and is just now establishing his position in the rotation, but just didn't know if we had any indication one way or the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

Start Cade Smith for an inning, or someone else, then bring in Harding. Just done start Fristoe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Start Cade Smith for an inning, or someone else, then bring in Harding. Just done start Fristoe.
    If it gets to a game 3 you honestly could Johnny Wholestaff it until you got into trouble, and by trouble I mean at the first sign of it, and bring in Harding and let him go as long as he can and then go to Sims.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Agree, start whoever (not Jackson right now) and bring in Harding at first sign of trouble. Harding seems to feed off that, keep it going. At this point, I could go EC and pull fast if necessary. If dominant EC were to show up, ride him.