Page 30 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Quoted for prosperity.

It's going to look really pathetic in a few days. Ignorant and pathetic..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Hell yes it could have been slowed down. That is exactly what we are trying to do now. We are trying to do now what we should have been doing in at least mid January. The incompetence demonstrated by our leadership that allowed us to get so far behind was a dereliction of duty.
    Nancy, go take your meds and go to bed. I love superiority complex of ?some? guys on here that think they could do so much better. Real easy to be a arm chair president.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's his job. He's got to convince people. I watched him last week tell people not to fly but not to stop a lot of normal activities as long as crowds aren't involved. He wasn't in a panic.
    Ah, ok...

Btw, just saying "I was wrong" is perfectly fine. There is more dignity in it.

Again, this a factual discussion, not a political one. Its ok to be mistaken, and admit it; God knows I've been there....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    A friend who said he had "inside info" lol. I called bs on it and he said no it was real. I still say bs
    So a friend of mine (no inside sources) said he had read somewhere the truckers' unions are getting worked up cause they're finding it difficult to find gas stations/truck stops to stop at and if they do stop at a place that's open (not all are), they aren't allowed to come in, or when they unload at final destination they're not allowed to get out of their trucks, etc.

Not sure how true that is but I could see that maybe being the case. Everyone wants their services as long as it's not their life that is at risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ah, ok...

Btw, just saying "I was wrong" is perfectly fine. There is more dignity in it.

Again, this a factual discussion, not a political one. Its ok to be mistaken, and admit it; God knows I've been there....
    Oh, I'm not wrong. You can find the interview online and the Snopes truth too. Just look. I don't help the lazy.
    You'd dismiss either. So save yourself and everyone else the trouble.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You should stop by for the threads when someone says the Earth is, in fact, not 6,000 years old***
    I've never understood creationists debating this. You could literally argue that God created dinosaur bones, fossils, etc to be in the state they were 6,000 years ago for... whatever reason. It's a plausible compromise.

vCash
    Anyone heard about refinery's shutting down and gas supplies being shut down due to the corona?
    An uncle of mine is high up at a refinery in west Texas (ConocoPhillips). He thinks that it is possible they shut down atleast some and could see fuel becoming unavailable. I just talked to him. And he's level headed.

Banned
    vCash
    A couple people in this thread look like they need to be quarantined away from this thread so they don't spread their stupidity. Please follow Doggie_Style's blueprint and stop posting once you've realized how horribly misguided you are on the topic.

Side note if a mod wants to take away all his vCash that would be cool. I don't even care for it, I wanted to teach a lesson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    An uncle of mine is high up at a refinery in west Texas (ConocoPhillips). He thinks that it is possible they shut down atleast some and could see fuel becoming unavailable. I just talked to him. And he's level headed.
    Appreciate the info. Thank you! And thank you to Cooter and 166 for their info on it as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So a friend of mine (no inside sources) said he had read somewhere the truckers' unions are getting worked up cause they're finding it difficult to find gas stations/truck stops to stop at and if they do stop at a place that's open (not all are), they aren't allowed to come in, or when they unload at final destination they're not allowed to get out of their trucks, etc.

Not sure how true that is but I could see that maybe being the case. Everyone wants their services as long as it's not their life that is at risk.

I saw something similar, and it was mainly that they are upset because it is drive through only services, and that doesn't work for an eighteen wheeler. They can't walk up to the window or door (at a truck stop), and get any food service. Hopefully they can get that handled. Truckers are the unsung heroes in this crisis right now.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 03-19-2020 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The large oil companies are doing all they can to continue to produce, refine, and supply as safely as possible. They are changing crew change to no flights offshore for weeks for some companies. Trust me on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I saw something similar, and it was mainly that they are upset because it is drive through only services, and that doesn't work for an eighteen wheeler. They can't walk up to the window or door (at a truck stop), and get any food service. Hopefully they can get that handled. Truckers are the unsung heroes in this crisis right now.
    Yes they are.

vCash
    A friend who said he had "inside info" lol. I called bs on it and he said no it was real. I still say bs
    It is BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It is BS
    Appreciate it.

vCash
    Prove it. Because nobody has. But you're going to panic and bitch and moan, so go ahead.
    How can you say there was nothing we could do when several other countries a lot poorer, less developed than us - have not only slowed the spread, it has basically stopped.

We are following the Italy model as opposed to the Japan/South Korea model.

Shit, in most places in MS/AL we don't even have tests still.

I think its safe to say that this was a cluster****. To try and act like the administration took this seriously and that there was simply nothing we could do, is just creating a narrative out of thin air. I say all this despite voting for the man. He ****ed this up. Any attempt to say otherwise is just partisan bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    How can you say there was nothing we could do when several other countries a lot poorer, less developed than us - have not only slowed the spread, it has basically stopped.

I think its safe to say that this was a cluster****. To try and act like the administration took this seriously and that there was simply nothing we could do, is just creating a narrative out of thin air. I say all this despite voting for the man. He ****ed this up. Any attempt to say otherwise is just partisan bullshit.
    Well said

vCash
    Regardless of your opinion of the source, it’s worth a read.
    https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...navirus-cases/

vCash

Which country are you speaking of? I would agree that Taiwan (0.92%) and S. Korea (1.08%) have death rates that seem to be under control. But these three nations share a conviction that the People's Republic of China is not a friend and probably Taiwan (the Good Chinese people that FDR and Truman sold out) is especially careful of China. They are still on a war posture with China and/or the China satellite North Korea.

Other major free nations (Death rate %)....Germany (0.28%), UK (5.09%), Italy (8.29%), Spain (4.60%), Netherlands (3.08%), Canada (1.37%), Japan (3.49%), and France (3.37%). The US is 1.43%.

The other major issue is that each year there are 41M Americans traveling abroad. That's more people than Canada's entire population. Also the USA gets 3M visitors from China per year. Only Canadian and Mexican nationals visit the US more than Chinese nationals. US universities have 360K chinese students, Germany only has 36K. The US has more undocumented migrants than S Korea has people. The US also has the biggest companies in the world, you have legions of American expats working and traveling to china at any given moment.

I am not trying to be homer for any government official, the US actually is supposed to be a limited government society. So ordering and appropriating the supply chain of a particular industry is not the design of the US government, who owns the inventory and how do you account for the material? The mayor of New York, California Governor, US senators, and US presidents are not suppose issue directives to clinics, particular hospitals, or pharmacies. Even Martial Law and Curfew is going to get ACLU challenges before this is said and done. Then you have tort lawyers, that nobody else has on Earth. If a US test is 99.97% accurate and 8 people are false negative and they infect and kill a few people....that could destroy a company.

vCash

Those countries are 4+ months ahead of us. A Dr I work with at a hospital in MS said yesterday this is the single greatest response from government agencies he's ever seen as in his 40 years of providing medical care. Said the response from all levels has been fast and efficient.
    We could've thrown together tests for this and it could've killed people. The government has done everything they can to assist the medical community.

vCash
    Those countries are 4+ months ahead of us.
    Italy is about 10 days ahead of us