Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure Patterson will be a part of this class; but if so, we have 5/12 (.417) juco commits. If not, it's 4/11 (.364). Are we gonna go juco heavy this cycle?
    May need to. The JUCO 2020 kids are guys that were recruited for 2018. That class was pretty light with only 20 enrollees. And, we had so many JUCOS in 2017, I think it has messed up numbers some. not mention only signing 21 this year. We've got spots to give.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    May need to. The JUCO 2020 kids are guys that were recruited for 2018. That class was pretty light with only 20 enrollees. And, we had so many JUCOS in 2017, I think it has messed up numbers some. not mention only signing 21 this year. We've got spots to give.
    I would imagine Stevens took one of those spots and maybe we can get another transfer for this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would imagine Stevens took one of those spots and maybe we can get another transfer for this season.
    I'm not sure which class Stevens counts against. As a grad transfer, it may only count against total scholarships, not against the class totals.

I think a lot of this is related to that 2017 class. We had 21 enroll and had 4 prospects go JUCO (2 OL, 2 DL) who aren't coming here. 9 of the class were JUCO players. So of the 25 limit - half the class (13) is gone after this season. And if Willie Gay and Kylin Hill decide to go into the draft, that's 14 or 15. That's an issue when you stack it with only getting 20 to campus in 2018 and signing 21 for the 2019 class.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Is there still a loop hole that allows us to back count guys who enroll in January?
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Not sure Patterson will be a part of this class; but if so, we have 5/12 (.417) juco commits. If not, it's 4/11 (.364). Are we gonna go juco heavy this cycle?
    I think there is a better chance Patterson is in the class versus Heath. I am a lot more comfortable with Patterson than I am with Heath.

vCash
    Is there still a loop hole that allows us to back count guys who enroll in January?
    At the beginning of the fall semester you can only have 25 people who are on a new scholarship who were not on scholarship previously. That individual could be a walk-on that got a scholarship, or he could be a new enrollee. If you have more than two years academic experience (grad transfer for example) you do not count towards the annual 25 scholarship limit, but will count toward the 85 cap.

That is why early enrollees start school in the spring semester, so they won't be considered a new scholarship when the fall semester begins (assuming you didn't fill all 25 awardees the previous fall) That's also why walk-ons are sometimes awarded scholarships with the reminder of what's left over after fall camp.

I think.....
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 05-21-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    At the beginning of the fall semester you can only have 25 people who are on a new scholarship who were not on scholarship previously. That individual could be a walk-on that got a scholarship, or he could be a new enrollee. If you have more than two years academic experience (grad transfer for example) you do not count towards the annual 25 scholarship limit, but will count toward the 85 cap.

That is why early enrollees start school in the spring semester, so they won't be a new scholarship when the fall semester begins (assuming you didn't fill all 25 awardees the previous fall) That's also why walk-ons are sometimes awarded scholarships with the reminder of what's left over after fall camp.
    I think.....
    That's all true except those spring enrollees are counted back to the previous years' class up to the 25 limit, anything over that would be counted in the current years' class....we don't generally get many early enrollees unlike schools like Georgia who had 14 last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I think there is a better chance Patterson is in the class versus Heath. I am a lot more comfortable with Patterson than I am with Heath.
    I'd be a little surprised if Heath in our class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    OK so where does our WR recruiting stand?

Heath - expected in class but looking a little shakey
    L.Griffen - Decommit but expected back
    E.Jai Mason - Decommit but expected back
    A. Adams - Decommit and leaning Arky
    K. Taylor - Juco prospect and Tenn lean
    M. Pettway - 3* still evaluating?

others??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post

others??
    This scares me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    As of right now I would surprised if he wasnt in this class..

vCash
    I am still shocked we arent after Zihenryon Perry more than we are. I get it we may want some OOS LBs but this kid is in state and would commit tomorrow if we offered him. Especially considering how we are going to be thin at LB after this year if things stay the way they are.

Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Mason play LB in college if he comes back like he is expected too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post

others??
    Are we still recruiting E. Jai Mason? And before you say yes, are you sure.

vCash
    I don't care if we do. We just need players. Juco, grad transfer, high school, wherever. Just get the best 25 guys you can get. The one juco kid is going to have 3 years of eligibility so not a "true juco".

vCash
    Only way Heath, Mason, or Griffin aren’t at State is if we don’t want them. Adams is 100% Juco. Patterson is a wait and see. Taylor will be a tough pull but we’ll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't care if we do. We just need players. Juco, grad transfer, high school, wherever. Just get the best 25 guys you can get. The one juco kid is going to have 3 years of eligibility so not a "true juco".
    I wasn't saying I'm against it. I was just wondering if there was still a way to count them back

vCash
    Mason tested pretty well at a camp last week I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Mason tested pretty well at a camp last week I think
    He didn't test that well in Nashville.

vCash
    None of you find it odd that Mason, who plays for Clinton, hasn’t gotten an OM offer. OM, the school Judd Boswell is a superfan of and would offer someone if Judd told them they were good enough. Think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    None of you find it odd that Mason, who plays for Clinton, hasn’t gotten an OM offer. OM, the school Judd Boswell is a superfan of and would offer someone if Judd told them they were good enough. Think about it.
    Maybe Mason has zero interest in OM..
    and it’s their angle knowing they won’t get him so they make it seem like they don’t want him.. that’s the OM way...