Thread: Pete Thamel tweeted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Your last paragraph is a pretty ballsy statement for someone who doesn't know what other folks may or may not have experienced during COVID.

I'm a public school administrator. I've been going to my job as well and earning my pay check. But I still think we should be doing school online this year. Maybe you are more of a man that me but I could almost bet that if someone catches COVID under your watch you can't go to court. I potentially could. And before anyone else negates that could happen. Think again. We've already been warned about it by multiple people.

So you'll forgive me if I have a slightly less manly version of how this could play out than you.
    I run a business. So I assume I can be in court as easily as you, if not easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I run a business. So I assume I can be in court as easily as you, if not easier.
    You must not know much about education. I doubt there is a system in the country that is in court more than the education system.

People who work for someone don't typically sue them unless they are negligent. Especially in the case of COVID. Catching COVID at school leaves the door open for us to get screwed.

If one person catches COVID, a lawyer could potentially rip everything apart we did at the school level to determine if we did everything we could to provide a safe environment for students. And if they find anything that didn't, we can go down.

We should know by the end of September how dangerous COVID truly is. We are about to send kids to school for the first time since there's been widespread proliferation of the virus. Should be an interesting test to see how easily kids pass it, how dangerous it is to them, and if they do indeed bring it home and pass it along to family members easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    You must not know much about education. I doubt there is a system in the country that is in court more than the education system.

People who work for someone don't typically sue them unless they are negligent. Especially in the case of COVID. Catching COVID at school leaves the door open for us to get screwed.

If one person catches COVID, a lawyer could potentially rip everything apart we did at the school level to determine if we did everything we could to provide a safe environment for students. And if they find anything that didn't, we can go down.

We should know by the end of September how dangerous COVID truly is. We are about to send kids to school for the first time since there's been widespread proliferation of the virus. Should be an interesting test to see how easily kids pass it, how dangerous it is to them, and if they do indeed bring it home and pass it along to family members easily.
    i believe i have insight on this that most don't. This shit is real I have handled the bodies personally...seen many families heartbroken....with that being said there is no other choice than to lay all the cards on the table. Start schools and see what happens is the mentality! As was stated Sept/Oct is the timeline. i am going to get all the fishing i can in before then because i think its going to explode and off to a new deployment. hope i am wrong. one thing about it we will know who is right and who is wrong by Dec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i believe i have insight on this that most don't. This shit is real I have handled the bodies personally...seen many families heartbroken....with that being said there is no other choice than to lay all the cards on the table. Start schools and see what happens is the mentality! As was stated Sept/Oct is the timeline. i am going to get all the fishing i can in before then because i think its going to explode and off to a new deployment. hope i am wrong. one thing about it we will know who is right and who is wrong by Dec.
    I REALLY hope we are both wrong but I expect to see 3000 new cases a day by late September in MS. The hospitals will be totally overwhelmed and the death rate will sky rocket. I think given what we are doing, or more importantly, NOT doing, it's going to be truly terrible. If I'm wrong by all means y'all point it out. Nobody will be happier than me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I REALLY hope we are both wrong but I expect to see 3000 new cases a day by late September in MS. The hospitals will be totally overwhelmed and the death rate will sky rocket. I think given what we are doing, or more importantly, NOT doing, it's going to be truly terrible. If I'm wrong by all means y'all point it out. Nobody will be happier than me.
    I sure hope not. The overall hospital numbers for the state have stabilized, but the ICU numbers have gone up. That is reflected at my hospital. Two weeks ago, we had 35% of our ICU as covid and now a little over 50%. But we have less patients on the regular Covid floor. So our overall numbers are stable. I hoping this is our surge, and the numbers go back down in a month or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post

My wife, a nurse for over 25 years, expects the worse also. She pretty much “forced” my daughter to home school our granddaughter because of this. She expects massive numbers.