Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New bye week

vCash
    And if you have one player on the field (especially the OL) who is absolutely lost they are going to make you pay for it. They put their best one (a NFL player) on Cunningham and we paid for it. Until y?all figure out how to execute the OL swap tackle shift he will get us killed again. Nothing against him he has talent and will fight but he is nowhere close to ready. I was really high on him out of HS he is mean nothing against the kid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I won't be surprised after all the "opt outs" if we shut it down or at least miss another game or two til people are healthy.
    Very possible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's because if you are a fan and you can't understand what's going on and why then the bitching just becomes counterproductive.

My stance is if you are a fan and can't take a two year- now year and a half rebuild go follow someone else and then come back. Because adding some cute running play with a line that can't block three isn't the answer no matter how many times people scream it.
    I get the pro-Leach people don't want to hear it. Which is why I didn't even comment on the offense itself.

However, " Go find another team " is genespage smack from 2003.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    All of you ready to fire Leach after he won a game with 19 freshmen starting and having the worst OL that has ever taken the field for State need to find a new team. Bc expecting a lot with only 7 OL and most of them are brand new or just not any good is just unrealistic.

We got them out of the drop 8 and they kicked our ass up front. That?s what happened. We won bc we didn?t throw any interceptions and our defense is good.

Little less good now with Murphy gone but they won?t quit. JP Purvis will play. Best of luck to Murphy. Won?t speculate too much but I?m pretty sure this is a family issue. Murphy has been a great kid and a winner.

Leach will win here and he will win doing what he does. Remind me how many SEC games Mullen won his first year? Leach doesn?t get Jackson state or MTSU to get easy wins this year. He could win 3 maybe more if we get some OL back and hang on to the ball. If you can?t support Leach, a proven winner then you can?t support anyone
    Little sensitive it seems. I don't think many are saying fire him now, some are, but many like myself can see the writing on the wall and we see suck for several years before it plays out and Leach flames out. For MSU sake, I hope he figures something out but this I am the hammer and everything is the nail attitude Leach displays ain't going to get it done. Croom career in his future if he stays the course. I said the same thing when Croom was here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes, I responded that poster. He's consistently one of the most ignorant on the board.
    Hey bi polar kid. Don't come on here crying when Ole Miss skull drags us. I know you care about that game. I'm willing to bet you Leach won't beat Kiffin for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    And if you have one player on the field (especially the OL) who is absolutely lost they are going to make you pay for it. They put their best one (a NFL player) on Cunningham and we paid for it. Until y?all figure out how to execute the OL swap tackle shift he will get us killed again. Nothing against him he has talent and will fight but he is nowhere close to ready. I was really high on him out of HS he is mean nothing against the kid
    Just an FYI for you, Qb play is terrible too. We've scored more consistently running the football than passing since the 1st game. Will ain't it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Just an FYI for you, Qb play is terrible too. We've scored more consistently running the football than passing since the 1st game. Will ain't it.
    Hold on so the air raid has scored more running the ball than we have throwing it? But we?ve thrown it 10x more than we?ve run it? How in the Sam hell does that make sense?

FYI for you, if you move the ball down the field passing it, then score from the 3 on a run it doesn?t mean you run the ball more consistently than you throw it.

And you guys are the ones educating us about the impenetrable drop 8...

vCash
    One Qb leads the nation in interceptions, the other leads the nation in TD passes taken from him bc his WR won?t fight for the ball. Which one would you rather have? One is 1-0 as a starter. The other didn?t even dress out on Saturday. Lets take a survey of who would start who...

Will is by far the best we have and will be for a while unless the Robertson kid is unbelievable. Y?all crack me up on one hand we bash Will for being a Fr and say Leach don?t play Fr QBs, but then he?s just gonna toss Robertson in there...who will be a Fr QB...

Y?all surely are not this slow
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 11-12-2020 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I get the pro-Leach people don't want to hear it. Which is why I didn't even comment on the offense itself.

However, " Go find another team " is genespage smack from 2003.
    I don't give a shit if it sounds like Genespage or not.

I'm saying for those to place their anger in the right direction- Dan's recruiting and Moorhead's culture and not the guy who has had six games to try to fix it. It's very obvious why our problems are what they are- and if those people aren't smart enough to process that then they need to go follow someone else for a little while.

And if they want to be mad at Cohen that's fine too and legit since he hired Moorhead. But that's not Leach's fault either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Little sensitive it seems. I don't think many are saying fire him now, some are, but many like myself can see the writing on the wall and we see suck for several years before it plays out and Leach flames out. For MSU sake, I hope he figures something out but this I am the hammer and everything is the nail attitude Leach displays ain't going to get it done. Croom career in his future if he stays the course. I said the same thing when Croom was here.
    Why is every coach compared to Croom here? Leach has a track record of success and taking a couple of years to get it going. Croom was fired by the Lions as OC and never had a track record of success other than developing linebacker and running backs. The other was one of the major developers of one of the greatest offense in football history that has strains that have reached the NFL. Completely different animals. Croom was over ten years ago- you might as well compare him to Shira.

vCash
    Hold on so the air raid has scored more running the ball than we have throwing it? But we?ve thrown it 10x more than we?ve run it? How in the Sam hell does that make sense?

FYI for you, if you move the ball down the field passing it, then score from the 3 on a run it doesn?t mean you run the ball more consistently than you throw it.

And you guys are the ones educating us about the impenetrable drop 8...
    I haven't made a comment about dropping eight. However, only an insane person thinks Leach has figured it out but he needs different players to beat it. Those different players would include your Qb.

vCash
    One Qb leads the nation in interceptions, the other leads the nation in TD passes taken from him bc his WR won?t fight for the ball. Which one would you rather have? One is 1-0 as a starter. The other didn?t even dress out on Saturday. Lets take a survey of who would start who...

Will is by far the best we have and will be for a while unless the Robertson kid is unbelievable. Y?all crack me up on one hand we bash Will for being a Fr and say Leach don?t play Fr QBs, but then he?s just gonna toss Robertson in there...who will be a Fr QB...

Y?all surely are not this slow
    Your Qb needed 5 turnovers, a short field, and the worst defense in the conference to score 24 points. And half of those points he wasn't a factor. He's no savior and will be fighting to keep his job the remainder of this year and for playing time for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    We suck and will continue to suck... for a long time

vCash
    Your Qb needed 5 turnovers, a short field, and the worst defense in the conference to score 24 points. And half of those points he wasn't a factor. He's no savior and will be fighting to keep his job the remainder of this year and for playing time for the foreseeable future.
    My QB? I thought he was the starting QB for Mississippi State not me? Move the goalposts. If it was Shrader you and others would still be writing songs about the victory over mighty vandy. How was the starting Qb not a factor? Who the hell was then? All 11 have to do their job for a play to be successful
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 11-13-2020 at 08:38 AM.

vCash
    Again, we won bc we did not turn the ball over, (credit to Will) and we played well on defense when we had to. With 19 freshmen. No other team in the country is facing that .

From now on 28 can only celebrate when HIS QB is in the game. Not Will
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 11-13-2020 at 08:40 AM.

vCash
    I haven't made a comment about dropping eight. However, only an insane person thinks Leach has figured it out but he needs different players to beat it. Those different players would include your Qb.
    He beat it for 2 straight drives and 14 consecutive points before they got out of It. The ones that preach drop 8 on here don?t know enough ball to bitch about it IMO. All y?all do is go with the narrative.

vCash
    He beat it for 2 straight drives and 14 consecutive points before they got out of It. The ones that preach drop 8 on here don?t know enough ball to bitch about it IMO. All y?all do is go with the narrative.
    The fact that he beat Vandy's 3-8 is no surprise those of us who think that Leach has struggled with it. Vandy doesn't have the athletes to play it. Most of the teams on our schedule do.

I hope you are right, but teams with athletes that play the 3-8 stop Leach's offense. If you don't believe me, go back and watch any apple cup, Kentucky, Arkansas and A&M games. Especially the Kentucky game, good lord that was embarrassing;

vCash
    Lol, 2 drives and he's beaten it? We play 4 qtrs. What happened the remainder of the game? Terrible offense is what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The fact that he beat Vandy's 3-8 is no surprise those of us who think that Leach has struggled with it. Vandy doesn't have the athletes to play it. Most of the teams on our schedule do.

I hope you are right, but teams with athletes that play the 3-8 stop Leach's offense. If you don't believe me, go back and watch any apple cup, Kentucky, Arkansas and A&M games. Especially the Kentucky game, good lord that was embarrassing;
    What was our turnover difference in the Arky and UK games

vCash
    And A&M while we are at it. Do not forget blocked punts