Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ThE AiRbOnE wIlL NeVeR wOrK iN tHe SeC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    You putting words in my mouth. Never said that. Stop spreading lies.
    You were talking about how Leach isn't going to lead us to the promised land. No one else has mentioned anything like that. We're assuming you're talking about National Championships because everyone else is taking about Dan era consistency with occasional Jackie level wins over ranked teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    A whole lot of us said from the beginning that the SEC was tightly bunched this year - and that was why many said the only non-winnable game on the schedule was Bama and possibly A&M. Well, now A&M has entered the chat and proven that they are the same ol Aggies. We won't win 10 - but also won't lose the 10 that so many were convinced of. What has people excited is that we are competitive, and outside of 1 team on our schedule our destiny is in our own hands. The SEC hasn't been like that in a long time and it makes every game count. We may only win 6 games, but its a helluva lot more exciting than the years where we could look at the schedule and predict with certainty the wins and losses.
    That is why I laugh my ass off when folks on here say the Air Raid won't work in the SEC. The defenses in the SEC ain't all that some here try to crack them up to be. What they are really saying is the Air Raid won't work against the likes of Alabama and Georgia just like any other offense we try to run won't work very well against those teams. OM was raping everyone with their offense until they hit Bama yesterday. I'm very excited to see our offense do that well against a TA&M defense because beyond Bama and Georgia they are as good and as talented as any other SEC defense out there we will see besides Bama and Georgia. LSU should be very glad our game with them ended when it did because its pretty obvious our players are starting to figure some things out.

Banned
    vCash
    Don't hate Leach, I hate his approach. 1st in passing plays, last in running plays in nation. How does that lead to anything great? How many SEC championship teams are that one dimensional and win a championship? I'll save you the trouble - none.

I'll flip it for you. If you are pro MSU why do you support something that will no lead to long term success for MSU?

I have never and will never pull for MSU to lose anything. I can't even sacrifice a meaningless game of checkers for MSU if it meant something good later. Not in my blood.
    You don't for sure whether Leach will or will not have success here therefore your pessimism is unwarranted especially after beating a ranked team on the road.

vCash
    Don't hate Leach, I hate his approach. 1st in passing plays, last in running plays in nation. How does that lead to anything great? How many SEC championship teams are that one dimensional and win a championship? I'll save you the trouble - none.

I'll flip it for you. If you are pro MSU why do you support something that will no lead to long term success for MSU?

I have never and will never pull for MSU to lose anything. I can't even sacrifice a meaningless game of checkers for MSU if it meant something good later. Not in my blood.
    Well Nostradamus I dont know whether it will lead to long term success or not and neither do you. But I will sure as hell root for it to work and not just wait for something bad to happen so I can come on here and bitch and moan.
    But in 2 weeks you can celebrate a loss and beat your chest about it like you want. Just dont get your panties in a wad when you get called out for pushing your agenda. Put on your big girl pants and take it.

vCash

We rush the football, but not in a traditional way. We had more rushing yards against LSU than LSU did. They stayed in the 3-8 forcing us to rush and hoping on one of our 17 play drives we'd screw up. It mostly worked, but we still should have won that game.

TAMU tried the 3-8 until they got tired of giving up the 5 yard runs. Then they tried bringing pressure and boom we hit our receivers. Air Raid offense is taking advantage of what the defense forces you to do.

These SEC defenses want to play man and attack the line all the time, but they really can't do that against us. We're figuring it out and the future is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    You don't for sure whether Leach will or will not have success here therefore your pessimism is unwarranted especially after beating a ranked team on the road.
    Never said I know the future; it is an opinion board, that is my opinion. I'm not a betting man but odds are way in my favor on that.

We beat a bad TAMU team. Great win, proud for out team. We can win 6-8 games this year. Great year for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Well Nostradamus I dont know whether it will lead to long term success or not and neither do you. But I will sure as hell root for it to work and not just wait for something bad to happen so I can come on here and bitch and moan.
    But in 2 weeks you can celebrate a loss and beat your chest about it like you want. Just dont get your panties in a wad when you get called out for pushing your agenda. Put on your big girl pants and take it.
    Not pushing an agenda bro. I have never celebrated an MSU loss in anything. The arrogance is from the Leach pushers after a win they come on here acting like we won the super bowl trying to push any realistic discussion. Puff your chest out like you are some great MSU fan.

We played a good game and won a big game on road.

Heck even Leach said we had lots of stuff to fix and improve. That is all I said and yall are freaking out. I think you need to toughen up buttercup.

vCash
    Never said I know the future; it is an opinion board, that is my opinion. I'm not a betting man but odds are way in my favor on that.

We beat a bad TAMU team. Great win, proud for out team. We can win 6-8 games this year. Great year for MSU.
    I agree. We shall see how it works out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You were talking about how Leach isn't going to lead us to the promised land. No one else has mentioned anything like that. We're assuming you're talking about National Championships because everyone else is taking about Dan era consistency with occasional Jackie level wins over ranked teams.
    I guess the promised land is competing with the blue bloods as so many have claimed that Leach is the only one that can do that at MSU because we have no talent and can't compete normally. If you compete with the blue bloods, well that is competing for a championship. Leach lovers have said that. So I didn't bring that up, just working off others commentary.

vCash
    Not pushing an agenda bro. I have never celebrated an MSU loss in anything. The arrogance is from the Leach pushers after a win they come on here acting like we won the super bowl trying to push any realistic discussion. Puff your chest out like you are some great MSU fan.

We played a good game and won a big game on road.

Heck even Leach said we had lots of stuff to fix and improve. That is all I said and yall are freaking out. I think you need to toughen up buttercup.
    Sure we have lots to work on. This team could easily lose out. Margin for error is slim to none this year. Your opinion is that this cannot work. Your mind is made up so every thing will be bent to fit that narrative. Which is fine. You do you. But people with differing viewpoints will call you out. I mean you started a thread to call out any leach supporters after a loss so that seemed a little low. If you can dish it out then at least take it.

vCash
    I guess the promised land is competing with the blue bloods as so many have claimed that Leach is the only one that can do that at MSU because we have no talent and can't compete normally. If you compete with the blue bloods, well that is competing for a championship. Leach lovers have said that. So I didn't bring that up, just working off others commentary.
    I am hoping for 6 to 8 wins a year with a chance to jump to 10 plus every 4 or 5 years. I dont know of any sensible person that is expecting us to compete with the blue bloods year in and year out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Sure we have lots to work on. This team could easily lose out. Margin for error is slim to none this year. Your opinion is that this cannot work. Your mind is made up so every thing will be bent to fit that narrative. Which is fine. You do you. But people with differing viewpoints will call you out. I mean you started a thread to call out any leach supporters after a loss so that seemed a little low. If you can dish it out then at least take it.
    This team could NOT easily lose out. They would hafta try REAL hard to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    This team could NOT easily lose out. They would hafta try REAL hard to do that.
    Let me rephrase. Outside of vandy and TSU we could lose. I dont think we do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    TAMU tried the 3-8 until they got tired of giving up the 5 yard runs. Then they tried bringing pressure and boom we hit our receivers. Air Raid offense is taking advantage of what the defense forces you to do.
    That's basically what Jimbo said in his presser, but a few people on here have always had their own agenda (no reference to your comment). I also hate the name Airbone, but you have to consider the source.

My bad. I was reading your comment as offense and not runs. Jimbo basically said that their 3-8 couldn't stop our offense, but when they went to man and a few other things then that didn't work either.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-04-2021 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Well, we've certainly competed with LSU and Texas A&M and had a chance to win one and did win the other. I have no problem with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, we've certainly competed with LSU and Texas A&M and had a chance to win one and did win the other. I have no problem with that.
    And LSU is trying to figure out how to fire Orgeron and not pay him. A&M is looking at 3-5/2-6 in the SEC this year. A&M may put him on the hot seat for 2022
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    That's basically what Jimbo said in his presser, but a few people on here have always had their own agenda (no reference to your comment). I also hate the name Airbone, but you have to consider the source.
    There were 3 runs over 5 yards the whole game. 2 were by RBs (both in first half) and 1 by will in the 2nd half. Our RBs had 11 carries for 35 yards on the night.

These are the 3 carries over 5 yards:
    Marks for 11
    Johnson for 7
    Will for 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There were 3 runs over 5 yards the whole game. 2 were by RBs (both in first half) and 1 by will in the 2nd half. Our RBs had 11 carries for 35 yards on the night.

These are the 3 carries over 5 yards:
    Marks for 11
    Johnson for 7
    Will for 10
    Dillon Johnson had 2 carries for 11 yards on the very last drive so one of those has to be over 5 yards. But yeah there weren't very many

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dillon Johnson had 2 carries for 11 yards on the very last drive so one of those has to be over 5 yards. But yeah there weren't very many
    You're correct. Johnson for 6 on last drive. For some reason, the last drive was bolded, so I didn't look at it. Thanks

vCash
    What is happening?

Some teams are concerned about letting us control the TOP and plays run in the game- aka the Airbone controlling the game. Makes them nervous. So they are trying other things other than the prevent to try and force us into a mistake. As I've talked about- coaches not going with what works- but trying something else to outcoach Leach
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is