Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wait..It Gets Better: Vandy Chick Gave A Halftime Speech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    There aren't full ride scholarships in college baseball??
    I think most players get a third of a scholarship and then they try to find some other money they qualify for to supplement it.

vCash
    It's pretty pathetic that some of internet tough guys are still bitching about a girl. And no, softball doesn't give out full scholarships either. Most are half or less.

vCash
    There aren't full ride scholarships in college baseball??
    There are 11.7 scholarships to be parted out among a roster. Each player must get a minimum of 25% the average per player is around 1/3rd scholarship.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's pretty pathetic that some of internet tough guys are still bitching about a girl. And no, softball doesn't give out full scholarships either. Most are half or less.
    I don't have a problem at all if the girl actually went out and was the best kicker. This however seems to be completely different. She didn't "earn" anything. Even her playing time (which there are walk ons who go through the same practices and off season program and never get on the field) was given to her and not earned. She then is given an award for her play.

She is being praised for just showing up and getting everything handed to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I don't have a problem at all if the girl actually went out and was the best kicker. This however seems to be completely different. She didn't "earn" anything. Even her playing time (which there are walk ons who go through the same practices and off season program and never get on the field) was given to her and not earned. She then is given an award for her play.

Cooter is just being Cooter ... College football is no 17'n place for women
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Cooter is just being Cooter ... College football is no 17'n place for women
    There might be some women that could beat out men for a position like kicker. My opinion is that if you want to truly be equal then you can't complain if women don't get the opportunities because of lacking ability.

If you want to get on the team then walk on like every other kicker and earn it in the off season.

vCash

Who gives a shit? Let the kid have her time. You crotchety old 17rs bitch about the oddest things. Shes not taking anything from anyone or hurting anyone doing what she did. It's fine to say it was a publicity stunt, but to rant for a couple weeks is beyond embarrassing for a grown man.

vCash
    Who gives a shit? Let the kid have her time. You crotchety old 17rs bitch about the oddest things. Shes not taking anything from anyone or hurting anyone doing what she did. It's fine to say it was a publicity stunt, but to rant for a couple weeks is beyond embarrassing for a grown man.
    Rep Given!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    This is very much an ongoing story because it didn't stop after she "squibbed" a kick. She chastised a team during a halftime speech that she never put the time, sweat, and effort into like everyone else. Vanderbilt players are supposedly "giddy" and crying because of her according the their QB Mike Wright but it looks like there's some blow back within the team because many have been said to be considering opting out and Clay Travis says it's due to players being disgusted by the "girl kicker stunt and are disgusted by it." The Georgia game was cancelled and blamed on covid. If Vandy does field a team this week and she's in it look for her to be the center of attention again on a team that's 0-8.

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-player...-joining-team/

https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...64212143230978

This woman won co-Sec special teams player of the week for one 30yd kick (tell me that wasn't pc). She's being heralded as an answer to "toxic masculinity" by some publications.

vCash
    This is very much an ongoing story because it didn't stop after she "squibbed" a kick. She chastised a team during a halftime speech that she never put the time, sweat, and effort into like everyone else. Vanderbilt players are supposedly "giddy" and crying because of her according the their QB Mike Wright but it looks like there's some blow back within the team because many have been said to be considering opting out and Clay Travis says it's due to players being disgusted by the "girl kicker stunt and are disgusted by it." The Georgia game was cancelled and blamed on covid. If Vandy does field a team this week and she's in it look for her to be the center of attention again on a team that's 0-8.

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-player...-joining-team/

https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...64212143230978

This woman won co-Sec special teams player of the week for one 30yd kick (tell me that wasn't pc). She's being heralded as an answer to "toxic masculinity" by some publications.
    Clay Travis offers no proof in his article. He is creating shit out of thin air and speculation. No quotes. No proof. Which is par for the course with Travis. Whereas, you have a QB on record saying
    “Trust me when I say no one on the team is offended, nor upset,” he tweeted Friday, closing with, “And the people who believe this is an issue . . . look in the mirror and you’ll see the actual problem.”

Once the game ended, Wright said, “I can 100 percent ensure that Sarah was accepted with open arms. Like I said in the tweet, and I just want to make sure that everybody knows that I meant every single word by that tweet, we were excited that Sarah joined the team. Most people don’t know, but Sarah gave a speech during halftime. I mean, you can take a leader out of their sport, but at the end of the day she’s still a leader.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...source=twitter

I trust the player over Travis any day of the week.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

vCash
    But she did take something from someone that might have had a chance to get on the field. You don't know if they really gave everyone a chance since they were just planning on making "herstory". When I was in school, I had classes with some walk ons that went through the shit just to have a chance to get on that field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Clay Travis offers no proof in his article. He is creating shit out of thin air and speculation. No quotes. No proof. Which is par for the course with Travis. Whereas, you have a QB on record saying

Well, I change my opinion. She seems to have more balls than the rest of that team. If it takes someone not on the team to provide leadership then no wonder they were 0-8 and Mason got fired.

vCash
    But she did take something from someone that might have had a chance to get on the field. You don't know if they really gave everyone a chance since they were just planning on making "herstory". When I was in school, I had classes with some walk ons that went through the shit just to have a chance to get on that field.
    Well, I change my opinion. She seems to have more balls than the rest of that team. If it takes someone not on the team to provide leadership then no wonder they were 0-8 and Mason got fired.
    The article talks about how the reason they went to the soccer team is that the student body had already left campus. Something a lot of people miss too is that all players have to be cleared to compete by the NCAA. Even if they had had students on campus, getting them cleared by the NCAA in less then a week wouldn't happen - especially not during a short holiday week. Where I thing Vandy screwed up was by having her pooch kick it. Let her blast it. She has a decent leg:
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

“Trust me when I say no one on the team is offended, nor upset,” he tweeted Friday, closing with, “And the people who believe this is an issue . . . look in the mirror and you’ll see the actual problem.”

Once the game ended, Wright said, “I can 100 percent ensure that Sarah was accepted with open arms. Like I said in the tweet, and I just want to make sure that everybody knows that I meant every single word by that tweet, we were excited that Sarah joined the team. Most people don’t know, but Sarah gave a speech during halftime. I mean, you can take a leader out of their sport, but at the end of the day she’s still a leader.”

I see what you're saying but the initial tweet by him was before the game and even after what he said after the game a lot can change and apparently it did since they didn't play the following week. You can say covid, they were scared of a GA beatdown, or whatever but the reason wasn't specifically given other than due to opt outs they didn't have enough players (they felt) to be able to field a team. So something happened in a weeks time.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/n...rbilt-canceled

vCash
    I see what you're saying but the initial tweet by him was before the game and even after what he said after the game a lot can change and apparently it did since they didn't play the following week. You can say covid, they were scared of a GA beatdown, or whatever but the reason wasn't specifically given other than due to opt outs they didn't have enough players (they felt) to be able to field a team. So something happened in a weeks time.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/n...rbilt-canceled
    Yeah, they fired their coach. After that, what is the point of finishing out this season - especially under current circumstances. Same thing is happening to LSU (due to losing, not firing the coach). Hell, it happened on our own team mid-season. If they quit because the girl called them out, then she was 17'n right about them.

The opt out was a terrible idea by the NCAA in how they implemented it. The opt out should have been at the start of the season only, unless you had a medical condition that made it necessary later.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Yeah, they fired their coach. After that, what is the point of finishing out this season - especially under current circumstances. Same thing is happening to LSU (due to losing, not firing the coach). Hell, it happened on our own team mid-season. If they quit because the girl called them out, then she was 17'n right about them.

The opt out was a terrible idea by the NCAA in how they implemented it. The opt out should have been at the start of the season only, unless you had a medical condition that made it necessary later.
    Right there I agree with you. How they didn't foresee players taking advantage of that is beyond me.

vCash
    Cooter sorry but you are doing the same thing. Pot meet kettle. If you don't like it just let it go. Is there a time limit or post length limit on certain subjects? I see some people post the same topics 25 different threads and few complain if they agree. Just an opinion board.

vCash
    Looks like her speech might have worked. Champions tend to have a magnetic effect like that.

vCash
    She made a PAT.