Thread: Welp, there goes the NC State game.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Logical or safe for whom?
    For everyone. Players physically can't social distance in football and if you trust schools to be transparent about positive tests in season you're insane. Fans won't social distance and no one will police it.

The problem right now is that too many people don't give a shit and think that because football makes so much money it's ok to go forward. Meanwhile, you have a number of coaches, players family, etc that would be at risk during this. Of course they are willing to risk it. That's what they do. Doesn't make it right.

And I'll continue to preface this by saying I'm a conservative public school administrator. No one can answer the simple question as to why we are canceling non conference but keeping conference games? Makes zero sense. I predict we come out of this looking really dumb. Up to this point, the south is leading the charge in ignorance on this topic. If college football is as powerful as y'all say it is, what happened today wouldn't have happened. False narrative and overblown statistics done shut down public schools nationally and college football.

I'll say it again. A lot of people are going to be disappointed in a couple months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    For everyone. Players physically can't social distance in football and if you trust schools to be transparent about positive tests in season you're insane. Fans won't social distance and no one will police it.

The problem right now is that too many people don't give a shit and think that because football makes so much money it's ok to go forward. Meanwhile, you have a number of coaches, players family, etc that would be at risk during this. Of course they are willing to risk it. That's what they do. Doesn't make it right.

And I'll continue to preface this by saying I'm a conservative public school administrator. No one can answer the simple question as to why we are canceling non conference but keeping conference games? Makes zero sense. I predict we come out of this looking really dumb. Up to this point, the south is leading the charge in ignorance on this topic. If college football is as powerful as y'all say it is, what happened today wouldn't have happened. False narrative and overblown statistics done shut down public schools nationally and college football.

I'll say it again. A lot of people are going to be disappointed in a couple months.
    While I agree we won't play this year, based on your premise we will never play. EVER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    While I agree we won't play this year, based on your premise we will never play. EVER.
    Nope. Once we have a vaccine this will become the flu. Until then it's difficult to manage because we are still in the infancy of understanding the intricacies of this.

But once we have a vaccine and can administer it like the flu everything will be back to normal. Hopefully that can happen by next summer.

vCash
    Nope. Once we have a vaccine this will become the flu. Until then it's difficult to manage because we are still in the infancy of understanding the intricacies of this.

But once we have a vaccine and can administer it like the flu everything will be back to normal. Hopefully that can happen by next summer.
    By the time we get a vaccine that will handle the amount of people that need it, much less th e, country football will be done bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By the time we get a vaccine that will handle the amount of people that need it, much less th e, country football will be done bro.
    Very possible. But I hate to say this, and it will offend some people, but football isn't as important as the health and well being of a society. I know for some people they only live for football. Really bad way to live.

I get people love football. I love it too. Health of society is more important. There will always be folks willing to accept the risk. The question is are we able to mitigate the transmission to those who can't make that choice. Right now we can't. If it means no football one year, that sucks. But long term it's worth it.

And I hope folks don't start throwing out death statistics to justify themselves. There are still things that are really bad outcomes from this that aren't death and will be with you for the rest of your life. Saying "oh you most likely won't die from it" isn't exactly the comforting statement some think it is.

vCash
    Very possible. But I hate to say this, and it will offend some people, but football isn't as important as the health and well being of a society. I know for some people they only live for football. Really bad way to live.

I get people love football. I love it too. Health of society is more important. There will always be folks willing to accept the risk. The question is are we able to mitigate the transmission to those who can't make that choice. Right now we can't. If it means no football one year, that sucks. But long term it's worth it.

And I hope folks don't start throwing out death statistics to justify themselves. There are still things that are really bad outcomes from this that aren't death and will be with you for the rest of your life. Saying "oh you most likely won't die from it" isn't exactly the comforting statement some think it is.
    While I understand your point and don't disagree, this could linger and linger for no telling how long. The economic impact of no sports will long term be WAY greater. And it won't be close.

vCash

I agree with you. However, we're going to forget about that in a couple of months when all this is over and a large majority of this state will go back to not working out, eating whatever they want, not caring about their health. If we TRULY care about the health of people then something needs to be done about that as well. And just like I believe should be done with this virus, it should be on that individual to take care of himself if he is able. Look I'm all for wanting to help and protect other people, but at a certain point you have to help and protect yourself. Relying on everyone else to do what's right in your eyes isn't the way to live. If you have to wear a mask when you go out, I respect that and I will do my best to stay more than 6 ft away from you. If you don't feel comfortable going out then I respect that decision you're making because you feel it's best for you. But you can't turn around get mad and b****and moan when someone is out living their life. They know the risk and they're taking it. And that's just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I agree with you. However, we're going to forget about that in a couple of months when all this is over and a large majority of this state will go back to not working out, eating whatever they want, not caring about their health. If we TRULY care about the health of people then something needs to be done about that as well. And just like I believe should be done with this virus, it should be on that individual to take care of himself if he is able. Look I'm all for wanting to help and protect other people, but at a certain point you have to help and protect yourself. Relying on everyone else to do what's right in your eyes isn't the way to live. If you have to wear a mask when you go out, I respect that and I will do my best to stay more than 6 ft away from you. If you don't feel comfortable going out then I respect that decision you're making because you feel it's best for you. But you can't turn around get mad and b****and moan when someone is out living their life. They know the risk and they're taking it. And that's just my opinion.
    The issue is you living out your opinion is why we cannot open our economy back up, why we will have to do remote schools, and why we will not have sports this fall.

We need 90% of the population wearing a mask, social distancing and using good hygiene.

If we don't we will continue to overload our hospital capacity.

Those are the facts. Not my opinion. The facts.

vCash

And I'll continue to preface this by saying I'm a conservative public school administrator.

So you get to sit at home while your government guaranteed paycheck keeps rolling in. That may explain you perspective just a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    So you get to sit at home while your government guaranteed paycheck keeps rolling in. That may explain you perspective just a bit.
    Yeah I've been working jackass. And I've been in the building. As a matter of fact two buildings since I got promoted during this. Nice try though. Just because school closes doesn't mean people stopped working, both from home and from school. I've been doing both this entire time. And that includes serving lunches to families at school during Covid while everyone else was at the house. I've been working at my new school outside of contract days so that we can get a handle on what's to come. I'll apologize for not working a couple weeks ago. My wife gave birth to our 3rd kid and I took off that week.

So next time you try and puff out your chest to try and prove a point and try to make yourself feel better by boxing someone into a corner, I would learn a little bit more about what the hell you are talking about first.

I think I see the problem here. There's too many people uneducated and not informed enough about what's actually going on and they are the ones screaming the loudest.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 07-10-2020 at 06:28 AM.

vCash
    Yeah I've been working jackass. And I've been in the building. As a matter of fact two buildings since I got promoted during this. Nice try though. Just because school closes doesn't mean people stopped working, both from home and from school. I've been doing both this entire time. And that includes serving lunches to families at school during Covid while everyone else was at the house. I've been working at my new school outside of contract days so that we can get a handle on what's to come. I'll apologize for not working a couple weeks ago. My wife gave birth to our 3rd kid and I took off that week.

So next time you try and puff out your chest to try and prove a point and try to make yourself feel better by boxing someone into a corner, I would learn a little bit more about what the hell you are talking about first.

I think I see the problem here. There's too many people uneducated and not informed enough about what's actually going on and they are the ones screaming the loudest.
    None of this refutes my point that you are secure and getting paid during this ongoing economic collapse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    None of this refutes my point that you are secure and getting paid during this ongoing economic collapse.
    That wasn't your point. You tried to say I wasn't working and got caught. Shame on you for trying to move the goal posts.

And tell me again what being able to work and receive my pay check has to do with anything I've said? Do you have to be in danger of being out of work to have thoughts on this topic? Or is it your opinion that it's easier for people to say things like I'm saying because I have a job in education, which means you mistakenly think I can't be fired from my job tomorrow if they want?