Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Tanner Allen not in the lineup tonight

vCash
    1 strike away!

vCash
    Little ol' 7 run inning never hurt anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    If you don’t know the answer I can’t help you or the few others. His shit is nasty. But to be right enjoy this 6 run 9th. Some of y’all want to be right more than see potential for the regionals. If Cerantola pitches tonight like this inning you’re done. But he put in work last midweek and did work
    If you don’t see how giving a chance I’ll just say I don’t get it. No hate. Just my questions for postseason
    You need to chill. This is a message board. He was given plenty of chances by getting quality starts. There are other pitchers like Stinnett and Smith who need the innings.

Don't act like a six year old girl on a message board. You have been answered with nothing but facts from me and 34. Not our opinions. Facts.

vCash
    Get silent when y?all look foolish. CERANTOLA needed to pitch to see if he can find himself. Pull after 3 batters if he can?t get an out but I?m gonna be super pissed if we throw him this weekend with no work in 10 days
    Ummm he's not seeing the mound this weekend. No chance...

vCash
    Get silent when y’all look foolish. CERANTOLA needed to pitch to see if he can find himself. Pull after 3 batters if he can’t get an out but I’m gonna be super pissed if we throw him this weekend with no work in 10 days
    No worries there. He won't be pitching this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You need to chill. This is a message board. He was given plenty of chances by getting quality starts. There are other pitchers like Stinnett and Smith who need the innings.

Don't act like a six year old girl on a message board. You have been answered with nothing but facts from me and 34. Not our opinions. Facts.
    Feelings hurt much? I said he needed a inning tonight because his shit is nasty. You obviously don’t want him out there. I’m cool with that but I asked a question earlier as to why you don’t throws 98 with nasty stuff tonight? He threw last midweek and started to show promise. I was questioning if he was in the doghouse or was he like Landon Jordan. By that I meant has he quit or why not throw him tonight. I’m not a fan of running him out this weekend without a confidence booster or killer at some point.
    I’m a fan of your school also. No feelings hurt but will say sometimes some of you need to quit shitting on players and then later acting like you believed all along.
    Again I love the interaction I just asked a few simple questions? You take it for what it’s worth but know this you didn’t answer with facts because last midweek he pitched pretty well. Learn what a fact is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Anybody remember that game we played back in 05 where we had a 9 run lead in the 9th with 2 outs and our closer Valentine couldn?t get it done? Yeah reminds me of this
    this isn't polk II
    i almost broke my hand punching a brick wall that night.. a friend of mine was playing in the outfield that night and let a ball fall in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    No worries there. He won't be pitching this weekend.
    I’m agreeing? So why. Look you don’t want him out there and I get it but I’m just saying his stuff is so impressive. Is he in the doghouse? Has he checked out? My point is he looked good last midweek. I personally think you roll him out there and give him a chance to figure it out midweek. Don’t wanna pitch him in the SEC right now don’t but damn his stuff is nasty enough to get drafted and guess what I bet he does

vCash
    I’m agreeing? So why. Look you don’t want him out there and I get it but I’m just saying his stuff is so impressive. Is he in the doghouse? Has he checked out? My point is he looked good last midweek. I personally think you roll him out there and give him a chance to figure it out midweek. Don’t wanna pitch him in the SEC right now don’t but damn his stuff is nasty enough to get drafted and guess what I bet he does
    Yeah. That inning last week he looked filthy. I wish he could get it together.

vCash
    Lemonis says tanner was just resting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yeah. That inning last week he looked filthy. I wish he could get it together.
    My point. He’s got everything we need in a mid inning or closer situation. Try him unless there is an issue with him and the staff. No way you don’t work him with his stuff. He’s nasty but a bit light on confidence but you use him to build that confidence unless something is up. I’ll say this and truly believe if you get him throwing confident we are straight up nasty anytime anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Lemonis says tanner was just resting

I wonder why he doesn't do that with Hatcher?

vCash
    My point. He’s got everything we need in a mid inning or closer situation. Try him unless there is an issue with him and the staff. No way you don’t work him with his stuff. He’s nasty but a bit light on confidence but you use him to build that confidence unless something is up. I’ll say this and truly believe if you get him throwing confident we are straight up nasty anytime anywhere
    I agree with you on Cerentola. And this was the game to do it up 18-4. I don't know why we felt compelled to give Drew Talley and Davis Rokose some innings tonight but it is what it is I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wonder why he doesn't do that with Hatcher?
    Great point. A sit let’s him get a break but for a Hatcher to think what the hell? Give him break for rest and to realize we can win without him.
    But we do need him

vCash
    Great point. A sit let’s him get a break but for a Hatcher to think what the hell? Give him break for rest and to realize we can win without him.
    But we do need him
    I agree. When I say sit a player I typically mean for a game or two. Not permenantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree with you on Cerentola. And this was the game to do it up 18-4. I don't know why we felt compelled to give Drew Talley and Davis Rokose some innings tonight but it is what it is I guess.
    So many think I’m arguing but I’ve seen his stuff. He has a mental block at times. Last week he relaxed. 1 batter in he was filthy. I honestly believe he has some of the best stuff we have ever seen. We need him.
    We also need Hatcher I feel that is a bit more of a reach but I think we need him also. These 2 are our sleepers. They get going we are that damn good.
    Always love your takes as I do others. Y’all know the game but I think y’all will be happy when they get going.
    Again the question I ask are you worried Cerantola has checked out cause I can’t believe you run him in mid innings if you didn’t work him in 10-12 days? Or a slight injury?

vCash
    But we do need him
    I certainly don't think we need him in the lineup. We have several other guys that are better hitters that could be inserted in his place and would hit better. The issue is that nobody else that could be in his place in the lineup is being given any opportunities to play any at 1st base. Hard to be well over halfway through the season and then just try to throw someone at first who has never played there. Pimentel is about the only other player that I know of ever being given a chance to play any 1st base and he is the one guy that probably is not an upgrade at the plate over Hatcher.

vCash
    The summary of the night for me:

(1) Tanner Allen is ok, just rested
    (2) Rowdy is in beast mode
    (3) Cumbest is an X-factor. He must play somewhere.
    (4) C. Smith is very good.
    (5) Lovette? It's been a while.
    (6) Forsythe is going to be very good for us.
    (7) #11 is a huge kid, he could carry another 20-lbs easy
    (8) Patrick is a security blanket. He can calm things down and get outs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    OK, he's needed.
    OK, he WAS'NT needed!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Not if he can't find the strike zone.