Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Regional Host Odds Looking...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I will take never hosting another game on campus if the alternative is caving to this perverse political blackmail. This is one of the biggest reasons I disappeared for so long...I want sports to be an escape from politics and garbage. Guess I need to just find a new hobby bc this shit appears to be here to stay. I hope Tater Salad doesn?t cave. To hell with hosting, I care more about our children and our moral compass as a society.
    I'm with you 100%!!! I wish we could discuss this without everyone attacking each other. It sucks that we've gotten where we are. I hate it. We can't even discuss sports anymore. This is another reason to stop watching/supporting sports. I was going to start watching MLB this year. I've been a casual fan for sometime but I was really looking forward to jumping in this year. My beloved PawPaw was a huge Braves fan before he died many years ago. I was looking forward to watching Braves baseball. Then, they had to get political over a stupid reason. Not a chance I'll pay attention to a single game now.

This really sucks. Peoples politics, fake wokeness, democrats, republicans, etc........They are killing sports and slowly destroying this country. It's sad. I 17'n hate it.

The SEC and others really need to leave the NCAA and put them out of business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    But would they stay? And would conservatives stay on CA?
    I can't speak for any California Republicans but I live in Mississippi as a Democrat because it's where my life is. My friends, family, job, etc., are all here. The fact that I'm on the 40 side of a 60-40 split just doesn't really factor into my life the majority of the time. In fact, I rarely talk about politics in real life anyway, even with people who are on the same side. My assumption is that many blue state Republicans feel similarly.

As far as splitting the country goes, you have to assume that anyone whose state is going to the "other" country is going to be dead set against a split. Only 2 states even went 2/3 to a candidate in 2020, and that was just barely - Trump won West Virginia with 68.6% and Wyoming with 69.9%. So even if most of the majority party in a state wanted to split (and I think that's actually pretty rare, but let's imagine a hypothetical future), it's going to be hard for a majority of any state as a whole to support splitting, and even those are likely to be a fairly narrow majority.

Let's imagine that in each state, 75% of the majority party wants to split into 2 countries, but no one else does. That means you only have 2 states wanting that (WV and WY) and both just barely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ok, great. Take your ball and go home then.
    I'd rather just win the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    fake wokeness
    Look, I agree with just about everything you said, but "fake wokenss" also applies to conservative politicians who pass meaningless laws to essentially virtue signal to their base (dems do this too, obviously), that doesn't really accomplish anything, because it's a solution without a real problem.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The whole argument in this thread should be sports being ruined by politics. Nobody pressed the NCAA on this. They started it themselves. I hope they face blowback.

vCash
    then appeal to financial conservatives and social moderates.
    Literally the opposite of the right appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    60% of America is "in the middle". Agree that some that claim to swing one way or the other is in hiding. My father's generation (30s to 80s) voted for the person, more or less, than the party. That is GONE! It's party line voting, right or wrong, beliefs or not, "can't give an inch" bullshit. You wanna fix this country, 1) Term limits and 2) get rid of Parties. Listen to what the person says... chances are you agree with 60% of what they say.
    I agree with this. And I think the 24 hour media has made it this way. They get rich off of it and drive the wedge. You must hate the other side

vCash
    As I said on SPS, the NCAA is fake as shit. There's nothing woke about raking in billions of dollars off unpaid laborers (who are disproportionately poor and black), and saber-rattling about barely-existent trans athletes is not going to begin to make up for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Literally the opposite of the right appeal.
    Really? I feel like most red voters are more worried about economics than gay marriage. And most blue voters are more worried about lgbtq rights than taxes. Maybe I'm wrong though.

vCash
    Look, I agree with just about everything you said, but "fake wokenss" also applies to conservative politicians who pass meaningless laws to essentially virtue signal to their base (dems do this too, obviously), that doesn't really accomplish anything, because it's a solution without a real problem.
    IMO our government officials have never been as far out of touch and removed from the average American(left or right) as they are right now.

vCash
    Really? I feel like most red voters are more worried about economics than gay marriage. And most blue voters are more worried about lgbtq rights than taxes. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Fiscal conservatives and social liberals are the bottom right quadrant.....

vCash
    That's why I called out the republicans too. Both sides are full of shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    IMO our government officials have never been as far out of touch and removed from the average American(left or right) as they are right now.
    I agree. It's bizarre.

vCash
    I agree with this. And I think the 24 hour media has made it this way. They get rich off of it and drive the wedge. You must hate the other side
    No doubt. CNN, Fox News, et al... make a fortune playing to their "base". Problem is... there's only half-truths in much of what is said. So... if, for instance, Gaetz is regularly banging 17 year olds, 1/2 the country will NEVER know about it. And, conversely, if Trump paid his taxes on time, only half the country will believe it.

vCash
    This isnt difficult.

Born with a penis? Men's sport
    Born with a ******? Women's sport

The rest is just white noise with people trying to push crazy agendas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    That's why I called out the republicans too. Both sides are full of shit.
    Yes. Stop voting for the lesser of two evils. Stop voting blue or red.

vCash
    I'm surprised Scooba hasnt locked this thread already. It went off the rails about 4 pages ago.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Charles Barkley made good comments IMO during the NCAA tourney. For those that didn?t see it, he basically said most folks like each other and get along, but politicians on both side pit us against each other for power and money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post

Fiscal conservatives and social liberals are the bottom right quadrant.....
    Interesting. Just goes to show you Twitter is not representative of reality

vCash
    Interesting. Just goes to show you Twitter is not representative of reality
    The system won't allow the social conservative who wants Medicare for all. They assassinated Huey Long who was the closest thing.

The right never wins on social issues. The left never gets their economic stuff.

We just get woke multicultural capitalism. Which is what the system wants.