Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone heard of very bad incident at Coconuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    A lot of Starkville crime such as break-ins, burglary, and gun violence comes from Clay and Lowndes county and surrounding areas. It's a recurring issue so it is important to note
    I agree but there's a stronger correlation than county residence of all of the rising crime in Starkville. It's really getting out of control.

vCash
    I could give 2 shits if the crime is local or from surrounding areas. Crime is crime, and city and county officials need to crack down on all of it. Starts with law enforcement, your prosecutors, and judges?..be a non-tolerant area and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law! I have 1 daughter there and it will be 2 after next year with another 1 to follow four years later. College is where young lives begin not end!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I could give 2 shits if the crime is local or from surrounding areas. Crime is crime, and city and county officials need to crack down on all of it. Starts with law enforcement, your prosecutors, and judges?..be a non-tolerant area and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law! I have 1 daughter there and it will be 2 after next year with another 1 to follow four years later. College is where young lives begin not end!
    Prosecution of a crime is reactive. Knowing why Starkville is trending this way, and where it's coming from so they can put plans in place (road blocks on 82 etc.) is proactive. That's why you should give a shit.

vCash
    Are the crime stats in Starkville up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Are the crime stats in Starkville up?
    Crime is up everywhere

Banned
    vCash
    Legalize drugs and crime goes down, cartels crumble and terrorists lose billions per year. Amsterdam better than Chicago. And our treasury goes from billions in the red to billions in the black regarding drugs .
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-08-2021 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Things have been slowly going down hill in Columbus for decades and decades. The Columbus my parents grew up in, was safer, nicer and cleaner than my Columbus of the 80s and 90s. Present day Columbus is far worse than my Columbus. I hear folks say the same for West Point. That trend isn't reversing course.

My kid wants to go to MSU in 2022. I'm making my kid take visits in many other places. East TN. Arkansas. Trying to get to Colorado. But I don't know much about Colorado myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Things have been slowly going down hill in Columbus for decades and decades. The Columbus my parents grew up in, was safer, nicer and cleaner than my Columbus of the 80s and 90s. Present day Columbus is far worse than my Columbus. I hear folks say the same for West Point. That trend isn't reversing course.

My kid wants to go to MSU in 2022. I'm making my kid take visits in many other places. East TN. Arkansas. Trying to get to Colorado. But I don't know much about Colorado myself.
    What are the issues in Columbus and West Point? And how do we solve them?

vCash
    If it's anything like the Delta, and I don't know that it is or isn't, the middle class jobs all but completely dried up. What's left are the farms and welfare, plus a few mercantile, banking, and gas station related jobs. And farms don't look to the local labor pool as they once did. Plus, more and more farms are not owned locally. There are exceptions to all this but not many. There are a host of other factors that involve personal accountability and lack of positive male role models, but the decline began when the jobs went away: e.g., Modern Line, Lewis Grocer/SuperValu, International, and I'm sure there are others around the Indianola area that I've forgotten or were there and gone by the time I came of age in the 90's.

vCash
    Do you really need it spelled out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    If it's anything like the Delta, and I don't know that it is or isn't, the middle class jobs all but completely dried up. What's left are the farms and welfare, plus a few mercantile, banking, and gas station related jobs. And farms don't look to the local labor pool as they once did. Plus, more and more farms are not owned locally. There are exceptions to all this but not many. There are a host of other factors that involve personal accountability and lack of positive male role models, but the decline began when the jobs went away: e.g., Modern Line, Lewis Grocer/SuperValu, International, and I'm sure there are others around the Indianola area that I've forgotten or were there and gone by the time I came of age in the 90's.
    Unfortunately, this is true in almost every small town in America.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

FACT. Hopefully, this past Tuesday's mayoral election will go the right way and some of the corruption will be mitigated.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    The problems around the district are cyclical. They were around this bad in the summer/fall of 2016 and it culminated with someone being shot 100 ft. from The Bin. After that the cops took better control of things and started patrolling past the bars and on the side streets and it ran the bad crowds out of the district. It needs to be done again. Especially this weekend with another big crowd expected.