Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing where Cade Fortin is the starter for Ark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me?!!!

If this kid was that good he'd be the starting QB.

Some of y'all need to fix this inferiority complex y'all have.
    Man!!! Please try to chill. You sound so uptight and obviously didn't even understand my post.
    Let me try to simplify my thought.....

I really wish Jefferson was starting. Jefferson is bad and doesn't scare anybody.
    As a fan, I was looking forward to our team going up against him.
    I don't know ANYTHING about his replacement, so I don't feel as confident simply because he's an unknown and it may change their offense. He may really suck and we may have an even bigger advantage, but I was just going with the know variable.
    Hopefully that helps those that like to think the worst about other peoples posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Jefferson is tough and a great runner. They're gonna lose some of the option game with him out and there's a reason he's been starting over fortin. Fortin is not much of a passer and even though Jefferson isn't a great thrower he's better than fortin. Also take into account fortin hasn't played against an sec defense in a road game.
    Jefferson hasn't been quite as good as he was last year but is still putting up pretty solid numbers and is having to do more with no Burks to throw to. Arkansas fans haven't been thrilled with Briles' playcalling this year either.

This weekend may get ugly. Fortin didn't even start at USF and Arkansas' only other option is Malik Hornsby who is super fast but can't throw at all and has been playing some WR so I would expect a lot of running the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I watched footage of him after I read that. He's a bit shifty. But, if Jefferson is out, I'm not sure what frame of mind that leaves that team in.
    But is he fast? Even though Jefferson is good runner, I think he's an ok matchup for us. He's not so fast that our LBs can't keep up with him. Much less confident that we can handle a speedier QB, even if the faster QB is a worse thrower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Jefferson hasn't been quite as good as he was last year but is still putting up pretty solid numbers and is having to do more with no Burks to throw to. Arkansas fans haven't been thrilled with Briles' playcalling this year either.

This weekend may get ugly. Fortin didn't even start at USF and Arkansas' only other option is Malik Hornsby who is super fast but can't throw at all and has been playing some WR so I would expect a lot of running the ball.
    I know losing Burks was huge. Always thought Jefferson was a tough kid and excellent runner.

ETA Jefferson gives y'all the best chance to win sec games imo.

vCash
    The line has already moved to -7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Man!!! Please try to chill. You sound so uptight and obviously didn't even understand my post.
    Let me try to simplify my thought.....

I really wish Jefferson was starting. Jefferson is bad and doesn't scare anybody.
    As a fan, I was looking forward to our team going up against him.
    I don't know ANYTHING about his replacement, so I don't feel as confident simply because he's an unknown and it may change their offense. He may really suck and we may have an even bigger advantage, but I was just going with the know variable.
    Hopefully that helps those that like to think the worst about other peoples posts.
    Dude, your post wreaked of a drag queen level freak out over a backup QB that has never taken a snap in the SEC.

Post better.

vCash
    Arkansas?s strength is the run even with Jefferson. Their WR?s are fine but probably a step below what we saw from LSU and A&M, and there is no Burks. I think you have to make run stopping your top priority regardless. They ran for over 200 on us in Fayetteville last year, that doesn?t need to happen again.

They remind me of a stereotypical Dan Mullen MSU team. Contain the run and we will probably be fine

vCash
    Dude, your post wreaked of a drag queen level freak out over a backup QB that has never taken a snap in the SEC.

Post better.
    I guess it did to you since that's how you think, but carry on.

Something has happened to this board. The members have lost their ability to have a civil discussion. You can't ask a question or make a post anymore without going through a mental checklist to determine who/ how many you are going to offend or how your post is going to be so misinterpreted.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 10-03-2022 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    The Score App has -8.5

vCash

Something has happened to this board. The members have lost their ability to have a civil discussion. You can't ask a question or make a post anymore without going through a mental checklist to determine who/ how many you are going to offend or how your post is going to be so misinterpreted.
    Brother, I'm not the one posting a freak out on a backup QB we are facing (maybe?).

You posted that Jefferson sucks so this change up is not good for us.

How?

Like I posted if this Cade guy was that good Jefferson would be the one riding the bench.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, I swear, but it's what you posted.

vCash
    Isn't that usually when we are the visiting team?

Dude's first start with about 40,000+ cowbells isn't going to be a walk in the park.
    After last week our fan base is excited.

I will say about 55-58k because its an 11am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    After last week our fan base is excited.

I will say about 55-58k because its an 11am
    Yeah, I spoke to a couple of fence sitters that haven't been to a game in a couple of years and they are hyped. They plan on being there.

I'd say a good 52K, at the very least, will be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Arkansas?s strength is the run even with Jefferson. Their WR?s are fine but probably a step below what we saw from LSU and A&M, and there is no Burks. I think you have to make run stopping your top priority regardless. They ran for over 200 on us in Fayetteville last year, that doesn?t need to happen again.

They remind me of a stereotypical Dan Mullen MSU team. Contain the run and we will probably be fine
    Also, just a reminder but we beat them in Fayetteville last year. It just so happened that the refs decided to give Arkansas extra downs at the end of the game.

vCash
    We all know the backup Qb is always the better player*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Every single time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Most popular man in Starkville.**

vCash

Yep ... the thing for me is this win will come with an asterisk because their starting QB is out ... but I'll still take the advantage because in 2-3 years folks will have forgotten that caveat
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Also, just a reminder but we beat them in Fayetteville last year. It just so happened that the refs decided to give Arkansas extra downs at the end of the game.
    We also missed 3 FGs so it wasn't all on the refs as to why we lost.

vCash
    Isn't that usually when we are the visiting team?
    The RAT can show up any time when you least expect it. That's what makes him so dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Yep ... the thing for me is this win will come with an asterisk because their starting QB is out ... but I'll still take the advantage because in 2-3 years folks will have forgotten that caveat
    If we lose do we get an asterisk because we are playing without our best D lineman? Injuries are a part of football.