Thread: Buy Or Sell: Croom is Better than Moorhead?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    You're delirious if you think Hill better than Dixon. We'll see this year but he ain't been so far.

Croom recruited a lot of the guys on the 2010 team.

Not saying Croom is better ... it's really hard to tell. I do think Croom may have won more games with the 2018 team tho ... although he wouldn't have had Shoop as DC which is why we even won 8.

Croom would have won less games because his offense would have been sub 115 like it was every year he was here. We would have run the ball 30 times a game with him and never the qb. We would have had a 5'8" walkon at qb like we did in year 4 under Croom.

Croom gets credit for Dixon, Sherrod, and Kyle Love in 2009. The rest were Mullen guys.

I love AD. He was wasted here under an in over his head, horrible, head coach. Hill is the better back.

Dixon looked like a better back because he carried the ball so much more than Hill. Because he was our only offense.

Dixon averaged 14 carries a game as a freshman, 22 carries per game as a soph, 16 carries a game as a JR. NOt counting his Sr year as that was Mullen. His highest YPC under Croom was 4.4.

Hill averaged 6 carries a game as a freshman, 11 carries per game as a soph, 18 carries a game as a JR. His LOWEST YPC was 5.0.

They both had a similar number of carries per game as JR's

In 12 games as a Jr, Dixon had 197 carries for 869 Yards, 7 Rushing touchdowns, 20 receptions for 117 yards 2 Receiving touchdowns. That's 217 touches, for 986, yards, and 9 TD's

In 13 games as a JR, Hill had 242 carries for 1350 yards and 10 Rushing touchdowns. 18 receptions for 180 yards, 1 Receiving touchdown. That's 260 touches for 1530 yards and 11 TD's.

Kyin almost broke Dixons rushing record this year while carrying the ball less in more games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

Kyin almost broke Dixons rushing record this year while carrying the ball less in more games.
    Last year Hill gained all his yds against UL, USM, KSU, UK, TAM (couple of wide open very long runs in 2nd half when TAM was half-asleep with 21+ pt lead), Ark, ACU, and OM. All of those teams sucked except for TAM.

Against AU gained 45yd/17 carries, TN 13/11, LSU 34/15, Bama 35/16, Lville 3yds on 7 carries.

Conclusion - against decent competition he has disappeared more times than not. He isn't that powerful, doesn't have breakaway speed or elusiveness either. Also limps off a good bit against good teams and then turns around and comes right back in the game. He doesn't pass block either.

Having said that ... maybe Leach will work with him and make him a back that can make an NFL roster next year. Some of his flaws may be due to not getting good coaching. He still has quite a ways to go to get to Edwards-Helaire level tho.

vCash
    Last year Hill gained all his yds against UL, USM, KSU, UK, TAM (couple of wide open very long runs in 2nd half when TAM was half-asleep with 21+ pt lead), Ark, ACU, and OM. All of those teams sucked except for TAM.

Against AU gained 45yd/17 carries, TN 13/11, LSU 34/15, Bama 35/16, Lville 3yds on 7 carries.

Conclusion - against decent competition he has disappeared more times than not. He isn't that powerful, doesn't have breakaway speed or elusiveness either. Also limps off a good bit against good teams and then turns around and comes right back in the game. He doesn't pass block either.

Having said that ... maybe Leach will work with him and make him a back that can make an NFL roster next year. Some of his flaws may be due to not getting good coaching. He still has quite a ways to go to get to Edwards-Helaire level tho.
    Where did dixon make his hay in the croom years? You should go watch those games. You obviously drank too much then and blocked them out.

Let's see the stats for Dixon...

La Tech 18 carries 91 yards Bad team
    SE LA 18 carries 81 yards Bad team
    Auburn 7 carries 5 yards Good team
    LSU 15 carries 50 yards Good team
    GaTech 13 carries 94 yards Good team
    Vandy 27 carries 107 yards Good team
    Tenn 15 carries 46 yards Bad team
    Middle Tenn 27 carries 126 yards Bad Team
    Kentucky 15 carries 48 yards Bad team
    Bama 11 carries 26 yards Good Team
    Ark 23 carries 179 yards Bad team
    Ole Miss 8 carries 17 yards Bad team

I'm not shitting on Dixon, but Hill is a much better back than you think he is.

vCash
    Where did dixon make his hay in the croom years? You should go watch those games. You obviously drank too much then and blocked them out.

Let's see the stats for Dixon...

La Tech 18 carries 91 yards Bad team
    SE LA 18 carries 81 yards Bad team
    Auburn 7 carries 5 yards Good team
    LSU 15 carries 50 yards Good team
    GaTech 13 carries 94 yards Good team
    Vandy 27 carries 107 yards Good team
    Tenn 15 carries 46 yards Bad team
    Middle Tenn 27 carries 126 yards Bad Team
    Kentucky 15 carries 48 yards Bad team
    Bama 11 carries 26 yards Good Team
    Ark 23 carries 179 yards Bad team
    Ole Miss 8 carries 17 yards Bad team

I'm not shitting on Dixon, but Hill is a much better back than you think he is.
    Ok ... I'll buy all that. Good research. FWIW ... I didn't think Dixon was that great either and was surprised he made the league (although not for long) but I guess Hill has disappointed me more recently maybe. May Hill can step it up this year. I think some potential is there for Hill if he focuses and stays off Twitter. And I did look exclusively at Dixon's senior year while Hill is still a Jr.

Norwood ... now I think he was pretty darn good.

vCash
    Ok ... I'll buy all that. Good research. FWIW ... I didn't think Dixon was that great either and was surprised he made the league (although not for long) but I guess Hill has disappointed me more recently maybe. May Hill can step it up this year. I think some potential is there for Hill if he focuses and stays off Twitter. And I did look exclusively at Dixon's senior year while Hill is still a Jr.

Norwood ... now I think he was pretty darn good.
    Dixon had a longer than average NFL career.
    Norwood was wasted with a horrible offense.

Dixon looks much better his Sr year due to Mullen knowing how to get him the ball without everyone knowing he was getting the ball.

Time Machine, should have hired Urban from Bowling Green in 2002. Omar, Jerious, and Nick Turner running the spread in 2002-2006, then can take over and we'd be on a 18 year bowl streak....

vCash
    Dixon had a longer than average NFL career.
    Norwood was wasted with a horrible offense.

Dixon looks much better his Sr year due to Mullen knowing how to get him the ball without everyone knowing he was getting the ball.

Time Machine, should have hired Urban from Bowling Green in 2002. Omar, Jerious, and Nick Turner running the spread in 2002-2006, then can take over and we'd be on a 18 year bowl streak....
    LOL at the thought of LT doing something like that. It breaks to much from the "lets copy Bama, but in a cheap way" approach.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    LOL at the thought of LT doing something like that. It breaks to much from the "lets copy Bama, but in a cheap way" approach.
    LT "why pay a nickel when I can just rummage through Bama's garbage for free".

Yeah, amazing it took him 17ing over the university president to get fired....