Thread: When Leach was hired, I heard many on here saying Leach would adapt his offense and

vCash

When Leach was hired, I heard many on here saying Leach would adapt his offense and

he would put more designated run plays in it, etc. So far, I don't think we've seen anything that indicates he's willing to change and knowing Leach, I'm not sure he will.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Not disagreeing w/ you but having Kylin out for 90% of the game hurt. Could he have made a difference? We'll never know.

It's going to be interesting to see if UK follows the same defensive strategy as Ark. Will a healthy Kylin Hill make a difference?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Not disagreeing w/ you but having Kylin out for 90% of the game hurt. Could he have made a difference? We'll never know.

It's going to be interesting to see if UK follows the same defensive strategy as Ark. Will a healthy Kylin Hill make a difference?
    Agreed on Hill, I do think he would've made a difference but even said, will Leach adapt or will he continue doing what he's done?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    If we don't have a back, besides Kylin, who can run the ball against a Arkansas 3-man front, we have serious issues. I think it's more of a scheme problem than a RB one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    If we don't have a back, besides Kylin, who can run the ball against a Arkansas 3-man front, we have serious issues. I think it's more of a scheme problem than a RB one.
    I thought Dillon Johnson looked great last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    he would put more designated run plays in it, etc. So far, I don't think we've seen anything that indicates he's willing to change and knowing Leach, I'm not sure he will.
    Didn't we run 20+ times last night?

vCash
    Yeah but it's the same play, a draw. Everyone in the house knew on that last 4th and 1 what we were going to run......Wasn't even close.......

vCash
    Yeah but it's the same play, a draw. Everyone in the house knew on that last 4th and 1 what we were going to run......Wasn't even close.......
    Yes, if he would have faked it and Castello could've walked into the endzone. Leach will either adjust or continue to lose close games....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    Yes, if he would have faked it and Castello could've walked into the endzone. Leach will either adjust or continue to lose close games....
    You may be right that he could have "walked into the endzone". From what I have seen thus far, he sure can't run very fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    You may be right that he could have "walked into the endzone". From what I have seen thus far, he sure can't run very fast.
    Costello isn't nearly as mobile and flexible as I had expected. It's not comfortable to him. I think one of the things that has become essential in the majority of SEC offenses is a QB who can take advantage of opportunities with their legs.

That is one adjustment Leach needs to make. Having an athletic QB that can take advantage of defenses doing what was done to us last night while also being able to throw the football well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I thought Dillon Johnson looked great last night.
    He did, yet we kept giving it to marks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    Only reason last night's game was close is because Arkansas is pretty bad on offense. We play games like last night on offense and we won't be losing games close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Only reason last night's game was close is because Arkansas is pretty bad on offense. We play games like last night on offense and we won't be losing games close.
    Arkansas should have won by 3 touchdowns. We were that bad last night. I thought their screw ups offensively were going to cost them and we were going to win ugly up until the failure to lower the shoulder and get the first down...the second one.

If our offense is predicated on attacking space, then the film will show that space was at the line of scrimmage. Run to the left and right side of the line. Let them work.

Arkansas made the game last night an 8 v 6 matchup. They took the line of scrimmage out of play. And we didn't force them to consider we are attempting to take it back.
    Last edited by hp22; 10-04-2020 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Agreed on Hill, I do think he would've made a difference but even said, will Leach adapt or will he continue doing what he's done?
    He'll keep doing what he's doing because his offense works but was executed like absolute shit last night.

I swear some of you have no idea what you're watching.

We played like shit in a game where a below average team ran a defense that our players have likely never faced in a real game before while our players were running a new offense that they've only used in 1 real game before.

It's gonna take a minute for Leach. Were extremely well coached and it'll show in time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Huh?

We were in their red zone twice along with muffed punt that would've given us good field position and we came away with zero points, but they are the ones that should've won by 3 TDs? Huh?

What game are you watching?

Our execution was trash last night and that's the end of it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He'll keep doing what he's doing because his offense works but was executed like absolute shit last night.

I swear some of you have no idea what you're watching.

We played like shit in a game where a below average team ran a defense that our players have likely never faced in a real game before while our players were running a new offense that they've only used in 1 real game before.

It's gonna take a minute for Leach. Were extremely well coached and it'll show in time.
    Stop making sense Shotgun. You're embarrassing yourself.***