Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring football news?

vCash

Spring football news?

Anyone got any interesting stuff? Will the leader for qb? Any new faces blowing up? What wr is the next jerry rice this spring (haha)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Anyone got any interesting stuff? Will the leader for qb? Any new faces blowing up? What wr is the next jerry rice this spring (haha)?
    Abraham and Lovertich threw accurately on the run.
    Defense is gonna really good, esp if safety spots get figured out. The DEs are stout (Jordan Davis and Randy Charlton). Tyrus wheat really good. Almost a pick 6.
    Jaden Wally still damn good.

vCash
    We've never had a dude like Walley before. Ready to watch him make more plays

vCash
    ILB biggest concern on defense. One injury away from being in bad shape. Offense should take a major leap forward. OL has to keep Will upright the pieces are there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    ILB biggest concern on defense. One injury away from being in bad shape. Offense should take a major leap forward. OL has to keep Will upright the pieces are there
    Still can't believe that Strong flipped on signing day. I think he knew he was going to LSU and kept us hanging. Strong is killing it in spring for the tigers. He will be all SEC. Why do we get shafted so much by these flippers?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Still can't believe that Strong flipped on signing day. I think he knew he was going to LSU and kept us hanging. Strong is killing it in spring for the tigers. He will be all SEC. Why do we get shafted so much by these flippers?
    He absolutely knew he was going to LSU. He was one of the ones Leach said either get in the boat or get out. He wouldn’t get all the way in and leach said forget it then. We will miss guys a lot like that but we have to understand that leach gets a completely diff type player. They are going to not be divas. They are not going to be attention hungry. They are gonna always be chip on their shoulder, yes sir no sir type guys that will absolutely bleed Maroon and white
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Some things that I found interesting:

QB- I think what will ultimately end up happening is Will Rogers will be the starter, Abraham will transfer out, and Chance Lovertich will end up being the primary back-up. Lovertich is perfect for us. MSU legacy who wants to be here.

WR- Payton is playing outside and slot. Leach has transformed this group in a short time and how good this group will be will depend on how the wild cards do- Ducking, Harvey, Polk, and Knox.

OL- I think Lashley and Nick Jones will ultimately end up starting.

DL- Looks like we have some depth here. I like moving Jordan Davis to DE. I hope he ends up being the Edward Smith of this group. I'm interested to see how we use Crumedy because he could function as a DE or NT in this scheme.

LB- Brule or Watson at MLB? I want to see how Cumbest and Purvis do moving to LB.

CB- I think Decamarion Richardson emerges as the coveted third CB.

S- Looking forward to seeing Jalen Green. Does CJ Morgan move and how healthy is he?

Defense in general- I think we're going to realize just how decimated we were with injuries last year. DeMonte Russell, Purvis, Morgan, Dylan Lawrence, and Janari Dean are all guys that could have helped us last year and were out most of the year.

PR- I think Teddy Knox or Harvey takes the job. Austin Williams did a good job fair catching the ball but we could use someone that can make a game breaking play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

QB- I think what will ultimately end up happening is Will Rogers will be the starter, Abraham will transfer out, and Chance Lovertich will end up being the primary back-up. Lovertich is perfect for us. MSU legacy who wants to be here.

WR- Payton is playing outside and slot. Leach has transformed this group in a short time and how good this group will be will depend on how the wild cards do- Ducking, Harvey, Polk, and Knox.

DL- Looks like we have some depth here. I like moving Jordan Davis to DE. I hope he ends up being the Edward Smith of this group. I'm interested to see how we use Crumedy because he could function as a DE or NT in this scheme.

LB- Brule or Watson at MLB? I want to see how Cumbest and Purvis do moving to LB.

S- Looking forward to seeing Jalen Green. Does CJ Morgan move and how healthy is he?

Defense in general- I think we're going to realize just how decimated we were with injuries last year. DeMonte Russell, Purvis, Morgan, Dylan Lawrence, and Janari Dean are all guys that could have helped us last year and were out most of the year.

PR- I think Teddy Knox or Harvey takes the job. Austin Williams did a good job fair catching the ball but we could use someone that can make a game breaking play.
    Pretty sure Payton was only taking outside reps because Tulu and Ducking were a little banged up and held out. I'll be shocked if he plays inside and out during the season, barring more injuries, especially with 3 outside receivers joining in the summer.

I'll believe in Lashley when I see it. He's been in college for 100 years and never contributed. It's always something with him.

Brule isn't playing any MLB. It's Bookie followed by Groce. Supposedly Cumbest is going to get a look at DE, but I don't believe he'll ever be a major contributor. Football and baseball are too hard to play part time for someone who isn't just a freak.

I wish we would give Tulu a shot at punt return, but it doesn't seem that's happened so far.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He absolutely knew he was going to LSU. He was one of the ones Leach said either get in the boat or get out. He wouldn’t get all the way in and leach said forget it then. We will miss guys a lot like that but we have to understand that leach gets a completely diff type player. They are going to not be divas. They are not going to be attention hungry. They are gonna always be chip on their shoulder, yes sir no sir type guys that will absolutely bleed Maroon and white
    That's great & all but they also better be SEC caliber players.

vCash

QB - I don't see Abraham transferring out & he'll push Will but I believe Will starts.

WR - I don't expect Payton outside when everyone is healthy.

OL - I could see Lashley starting over Kam Jones but who do you have Nick Jones starting over?

LB - Brule is too valuable at WLB to move to MLB

CB - I still expect us to sign a CB out of the portal as the 3rd CB & Richardson can come along at a slower pace.

S - By opening day I expect Green, Peters, & Preston as the 3 starters. I expect Duncan to play a lot also & we'll see on everybody else.

PR - I could see Walley or Rufus

vCash
    I'll say this in re. to the QBs. I really like Leach continuing to bring in quality guys like Abraham and Lovertich to push Will. That along with Greek and Robertson being recruited can only make your QB room better. Either one of those guys overtakes Will or Will takes his game to another level, which I believe he will do. I'll happily eat crow on being wrong about Rogers thus far. I really didn't see him being this type of player, but he's a gamer. I hope he continues to prove me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The staff told him to get in or out

vCash
    Ive said it before but Cumbest needs to pick one

Archimedes
    vCash
    The staff told him to get in or out
    Word is, from very reliable sources , that he only heard from leach one time during the recruiting cycle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Word is, from very reliable sources , that he only heard from leach one time during the recruiting cycle.
    That may be the case but it does not change the fact he wasnt 100 with us. Leach doesnt do the recruiting drama we knew this when we hired him. Majority of recruiting drama kids dont pan out see Jarrian Jones

vCash
    Ive said it before but Cumbest needs to pick one
    I understand. The problem is that if Cumbest picks baseball, he loses his full scholarship.

vCash

Every punt Austin fair caught, it looked like it was his first time ever to field a punt. Looked like he had trouble judging the ball.

vCash
    That may be the case but it does not change the fact he wasnt 100 with us. Leach doesnt do the recruiting drama we knew this when we hired him. Majority of recruiting drama kids dont pan out see Jarrian Jones
    Chris Jones, Nakobe Dean, Cam Akers, Willie Gay, Raekwon Davis, & countless others disagree. Recruiting drama doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Just like there are plenty of no nonsense kids who can't play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Chris Jones, Nakobe Dean, Cam Akers, Willie Gay, Raekwon Davis, & countless others disagree. Recruiting drama doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Just like there are plenty of no nonsense kids who can't play.
    Gotta deal with some drama for certain guys. Could you imagine trying to win in the nfl without some bat shit crazy wrs? (Sorta playing, sorta not)

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That's great & all but they also better be SEC caliber players.
    They will be the same caliber kids that have always come to state.
    Romans 5:8