Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl Say He Expects Costello to Start at QB

vCash

Rosebowl Say He Expects Costello to Start at QB

Leach knows more than me, but, with my limited knowledge of what goes on in practice, I disagree with this.

Rosebowl said last week he expected Rogers but now expects Costello

My only thought is that Costello must have torn it up at practice the past two weeks because in games he clearly isn't better than Rogers.

If Leach is doing this because he's worried about Rogers' mentality, then I really disagree with the move. You can't hide players. The good ones step up and get it done.

Just playing Costello with the expectation that he'll suck is absolutely absurd to me.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The only way I'm ok with this is if Leach has used the bye week to do something like scheme up plays for Costello that get the ball out quick and limit the number of decisions he has to make, like what Kiffin had going for Corral in their first few games. Doing something like that for a tough game like this to buy Rogers some more time as well as give Costello a chance to redeem himself makes sense to me. But if he's just going to throw Costello back out there without changing anything, unless Costello and the OL have made some incredibly unlikely leaps forward in the past two weeks, I don't see what it accomplishes other than deny Rogers valuable experience.

vCash
    I would imagine this is Leach protecting his young QB for the game after Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The only way I'm ok with this is if Leach has used the bye week to do something like scheme up plays for Costello that get the ball out quick and limit the number of decisions he has to make, like what Kiffin had going for Corral in their first few games. Doing something like that for a tough game like this to buy Rogers some more time as well as give Costello a chance to redeem himself makes sense to me. But if he's just going to throw Costello back out there without changing anything, unless Costello and the OL have made some incredibly unlikely leaps forward in the past two weeks, I don't see what it accomplishes other than deny Rogers valuable experience.
    Nothing has changed. This is conceding a loss to protect Rogers for next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Leach knows more than me, but, with my limited knowledge of what goes on in practice, I disagree with this.

Rosebowl said last week he expected Rogers but now expects Costello

My only thought is that Costello must have torn it up at practice the past two weeks because in games he clearly isn't better than Rogers.

If Leach is doing this because he's worried about Rogers' mentality, then I really disagree with the move. You can't hide players. The good ones step up and get it done.

Just playing Costello with the expectation that he'll suck is absolutely absurd to me.
    but it's only been 4 games ... 4 freaking games** .... lol welcome to the dark side Gun
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    That's dumb IMO if it's really what's going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    My hope is that Costello has actually gotten better this week.

My intuition though is that the combo of our bad OL and Costello's slow feet is just a terrible combo that can't work

vCash
    My guess is Costello continues to perform better than Rogers in practice. That's the way it has been up to know. If Rogers wants to be the starter then he needs to step it up during the week leading up to the game.

vCash
    Yea, as long as Rogers get a decent amount of playing time, I'm not really that concerned about who starts. It was much more important who started the past game against A&M because that was a game we had a realistic shot of winning with a competent offense. We aren't going to win this week even if we had Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence starting for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    My guess is Costello continues to perform better than Rogers in practice. That's the way it has been up to know. If Rogers wants to be the starter then he needs to step it up during the week leading up to the game.
    Agree. What really needs to happen is that Costello plays in games the way he practices

vCash
    Agree. What really needs to happen is that Costello plays in games the way he practices
    Yes, that would help too. It would also help if our OL gets on the same page.

vCash
    That's dumb IMO if it's really what's going on.
    No, it's not.

Getting Rogers turned into a pretzel by Bama's defense won't help a damn thing.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Why? Alabama is near the bottom of SEC in sacks and 6th in interceptions..
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Why? Alabama is near the bottom of SEC in sacks and 6th in interceptions..
    Yeah but they haven’t played us yet. Those number usually grow exponentially after playing our offense the last 3 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    No, it's not.

Getting Rogers turned into a pretzel by Bama's defense won't help a damn thing.
    I don't think that's reality. Why would Bama turn Rogers into a pretzel?

vCash
    I don't think that's reality. Why would Bama turn Rogers into a pretzel?
    Damn Gun...

Sometimes I really think you smoke crack before posting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Damn Gun...

Sometimes I really think you smoke crack before posting.
    Bama's defense hasn't been that this year.

Again, I'm basing my opinion on the belief that we improved in the off week. Maybe we didn't

vCash
    Bama's defense hasn't been that this year.

Again, I'm basing my opinion on the belief that we improved in the off week. Maybe we didn't
    Gun, we aren't improving this cluster**** in a bye week.

vCash
    If we come out and have no wrinkles against Bama, in a game where we have nothing to lose, you guys can have Leach. That will tell me all I need to know about what we can expect going forward.

vCash
    After Costello throws a couple of pick 6's Rogers will get his chance. Should be in by the 2nd qtr.