Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIL wont affect us some of you said.....

vCash

NIL wont affect us some of you said.....

Late September and we are 39th currently in recruiting (44th in average star rating). We are recruiting behind Duke, Iowa State, Pitt, and Purdue currently.

Either NIL is hurting us OR the Pirate isnt working the recruiting roads. Northwestern has twice as many 4-stars as we do. December will be here before we know it. Gonna take a helluva close.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Late September and we are 39th currently in recruiting (44th in average star rating). We are recruiting behind Duke, Iowa State, Pitt, and Purdue currently.

Either NIL is hurting us OR the Pirate isnt working the recruiting roads. Northwestern has twice as many 4-stars as we do. December will be here before we know it. Gonna take a helluva close.
    All of our commits are underrated.

vCash
    ahhhhhh Diamonds.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

As I have posted before, our current list of "Top Targets" on Genespage only has 3 HS players left that are "warm" to us and only one is a 4 star. Looking at the list, do we even recruit many 4 stars (most may already committed)? OM is still around 50, they seem to be committed to the portal, but have about 3 of the top 5 MS HS players. They may become great players, but we seem to be hitting TN hard but even though they are top 25 rated in that state, I have often read here that TN is not exactly a recruiting hotbed even for UT. Sign me worried that this will even be a TOP 30 class. We must increa$e our recruiting budget big time now.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-21-2022 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    ahhhhhh Diamonds.
    Diamonds are forever!!!

vCash

Yep. I pointed out that Northwestern had more money than we do. And look at them.......

If any ivy league college wanted to, they could lower admissions and be the elite conference.

vCash
    In all seriousness are we the poorest school in the conference?

vCash
    We should have small high school classes every year and stock up on transfers from Georgia, Alabama, etc., who aren't quite good enough to play there but want a second chance to prove themselves.

Make it part of our culture officially that you can prove your original blue blood school wrong by coming here and showing out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    In all seriousness are we the poorest school in the conference?
    Well, according to some, we put a big chuck of that very large annual $EC check under our mattress for a rainy day. Well, it doesn't take SVD to tell it's pouring down rain on our recruiting compared to most of the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Well, according to some, we put a big chuck of that very large annual $EC check under our mattress for a rainy day. Well, it doesn't take SVD to tell it's pouring down rain on our recruiting compared to most of the SEC.
    I get that but each school gets the same amount from the tv deal, I mean as in our alumni base who donate to the school. I would imagine being our size we dont have the same pot of money as other schools

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We should have small high school classes every year and stock up on transfers from Georgia, Alabama, etc., who aren't quite good enough to play there but want a second chance to prove themselves.

Make it part of our culture officially that you can prove your original blue blood school wrong by coming here and showing out.
    Limited sample size thus far, but what transfer for us has made a big splash except Polk? Several duds so far and seeing a bama RT that didn't even sniff the field for them, but immediately started for us with limited success says a lot about our talent on hand at the time. OM brought in 19 new this year and AZ 50. Will be interesting to see how their seasons go. Portal is here to stay, but some transfers not even finding a new landing spot and some didn't play at first stop for a reason. We have a former Texas HS 5 star that is now a second year starter for us, (yet to be beat out), at safety and it is again a weak spot for us in pass D. A highly rated bama WR didn't even last a season for us (may have been under JoMO).
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-21-2022 at 03:03 PM.

vCash

Those Key West kids are hard to fill a roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Those Key West kids are hard to fill a roster.
    Why would they want to leave Key West University, even though I used to ride my Honda 350 street bike out to Oktibbeha County Lake when at State in the 70's! Hail State!

vCash
    Obviously there is some frustration among the MSU faithful that feed Bo Bounds info. Because Bo has mentioned Dave Emmerick many times, Leach's staff in general regarding recruiting and named a few recruits around the state.

I'm not connected enough to know what is going on in recruiting. However if Bounds who doesn't have a recruiting show, keeps mentioning Leachs staff and our "passive fan base" something tells me something is off.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-21-2022 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    I have never listened to Bo Bounds. I didn't think fans were supposed to help recruit unless NCAA rules have changed. I know NIL seems to be the "Wild, Wild, West", but what is our "passive fan base", unless not enough NIL contributions? I have never though of Bulldog fans as passive. We pay millions to our coaches and athletic departments. It is part of their job to recruit as a big part of their job descriptions I would think. We fans buy tickets, attend games, and donate $. I didn't know I was passive and supposed to call or visit recruits.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-21-2022 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I have never listened to Bo Bounds. I didn't think fans were supposed to help recruit unless NCAA rules have changed. I know NIL seems to be the "Wild, Wild, West", but what is our "passive fan base", unless not enough NIL contributions? I have never though of Bulldog fans as passive. We pay millions to our coaches and athletic departments. It is part of their job to recruit as a big part of their job descriptions I would think. We fans buy tickets, attend games, and donate $. I didn't know I was passive and supposed to call or visit recruits.
    If buying croots is what it takes to win 8 games at msu, count me out. I've got my own kids to feed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    If buying croots is what it takes to win 8 games at msu, count me out. I've got my own kids to feed.

Guy I know buys multiple season tickets for men's basketball, football, and baseball and big Bulldog dues for good seats and has done so for years. As per NIL, told me he wouldn't donate so an athlete could have a larger gold chain. We again have 8 season tickets for football and sit next to this guy. I tried three different MSU families/friends and couldn't give away BG tickets as some of my family members don't want to attend game four. This is nothing new after family continually buying 8 to 12 season tickets for the last 50 plus years along with the Bulldog Club donations to buy said tickets. This NIL is a mess and game is changing in some not so good ways. In today'$ world, tough choices for your $, even if you love college sports and MSU. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-21-2022 at 04:53 PM.

vCash

Kiffin is definitely making the portal a priority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Kiffin is definitely making the portal a priority.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out as they meet tougher competition with 19 new guy$.

vCash

We are awful at identifying and recruiting portal players