Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft

vCash
    How about upperclassmen from around the league we'd like to move on (e.g., DeLucia)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    LoTan was the best defensive catcher I've ever seen at State. He also battled through a lot of injuries no one knew about and showed toughness throughout his career. His HR vs Vandy in game 3 was when it really started to set in that we were about to win it all. Thanks for being a Dawg Logan and best wishes on your career.
    The best defensive catcher and amen to the rest. Sigh of relief for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    How about upperclassmen from around the league we'd like to move on (e.g., DeLucia)?
    Delucia won't be back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Probably a round 3-5 guy if I had to guess.

vCash
    The thing about Sims- had he come back he would have been rehabbing a good bit of the year probably. I love Sims. He's one of my favorite MSU players of all time. I will never forget him coming out of the bullpen the Sunday game against Ole Miss in 2021 and the crowd going nuts because you knew it was over. And of course, he was lights out in game 3 of the finals. But the sad reality is it's best and time for both us to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing about Sims- had he come back he would have been rehabbing a good bit of the year probably. I love Sims. He's one of my favorite MSU players of all time. I will never forget him coming out of the bullpen the Sunday game against Ole Miss in 2021 and the crowd going nuts because you knew it was over. And of course, he was lights out in game 3 of the finals. But the sad reality is it's best and time for both us to move on.
    The frustrating part with Sims is we only got one full season with him because of COVID and the injury. That one full season was as dominant of a year as any pitcher we?ve ever had. Sucks for us and for him that he wasn?t able to have a longer run in college baseball.

vCash
    I've been watching games at the Dude since '77 and the only pitcher that remotely had a year close to Sims last year was Lindgren (dubbed the strike out factory by the Yanks GM) in '14. I actually think his numbers may have been a little better than Sims if I"m not mistaken. That curveball of his was unhittable. Problem was, it almost had too much break on it. He was a catcher's nightmare. Nonetheless, Sims may be my all time favorite Dog.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That curveball of his was unhittable. Problem was, it almost had too much break on it. He was a catcher's nightmare.
    You sure you're not thinking of Lindgren's slider?

If I remember correctly, that's the pitch of his that exploded so much the catcher couldn't catch it.

He struck out a lot of guys that reached on swing strike 3 passed balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    You sure you're not thinking of Lindgren's slider?

If I remember correctly, that's the pitch of his that exploded so much the catcher couldn't catch it.

He struck out a lot of guys that reached on swing strike 3 passed balls.
    Yes, you are correct Flounder.........I just went and looked up Lindgren's numbers........

Take a look at these stats and he wasn't even the closer. That was Holder, who was actually better in '13 than he was in '14...........

Record 6-1
    ERA 0.81
    Runs 9 / ER's 5
    IP 55.1
    K's 100
    BB's 25
    Hits 23
    2b's 0
    3b's 1
    Hr's 0
    SV's 3
    WP's 18
    HBP 8
    Last edited by Saltydog; 07-18-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Just saw a stat that Sims is our 19th 1st round pick, with 9 of those being from 2012-2022. That's moving a ton of talent through DNF.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We are early in round 5. The draft has been good to us so far. We knew Jett wasn't coming. We knew Logan Tanner and Sims weren't staying. Other risks haven't been chosen yet.

vCash
    So far we are good through the 3rd and 4th rounds. No losses yet. 5th and 6th round is where we really need to look for a guy like Loftin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    So far we are good through the 3rd and 4th rounds. No losses yet. 5th and 6th round is where we really need to look for a guy like Loftin
    My assumption is that if a guy is taken in the first 10 rounds, he's probably gone. I assume these teams are working out the numbers and getting a commitment from the player before they actually draft him.

vCash
    We are deep into the 5 round. The slot has just dropped below $350,000.

vCash
    all clear thru 5.

vCash
    We are starting the 6th round. Slot is now less than $320,000.

vCash
    Derek Diamond of Ole Miss picked early in the 6th

vCash
    2 rebels early in the 6th..diamond and dunhurst. see ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Derek Diamond of Ole Miss picked early in the 6th
    No DeLuca? If OM gets him back to school to pair with Elliott again they are going to have a dominant rotation

vCash
    Dunhurst and DeLucia are gone. Slot is now below $285,000