Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Altmyer decommitts from FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    What was wrong about my comment?
    Nothing was just wrong with it, but State passed hard on altmeyer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Exactly.. I said this on another thread.. outside of Kobe, Willie, and AJ name the other SHS players the last 10-15 years that produced at the SEC level..
    and if we wanted Luke we could prob get him..
    Sawyer is head and shoulders Better and I would even also D Greek over him...
    IMO he isn’t even the best QB in the state.. depending upon the system I would take Keys over Luke
    The best QB in the state this year plays at Magee HS

vCash
    Exactly.. I said this on another thread.. outside of Kobe, Willie, and AJ name the other SHS players the last 10-15 years that produced at the SEC level..
    IMO he isn’t even the best QB in the state.. depending upon the system I would take Keys over Luke
    I think MSU for whatever reason freaked out because Brown went to Ole Miss and so they've overcompensated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Because Sawyer Robertson is way more talented and you don't risk that commitment just because Altmeyer is from Starkville

s

How do you know that?

vCash
    I was referring to hometown recruiting Starkville vs Oxford. We've never as far as I can remember been able to pull a high ranked (4*+) player from Oxford.
    You don't keep up with recruiting do you? See QB in Starkville and think we have to have him. First all due respect to Luke any other year he would just be a guy. Not a great frame average arm. Not as talented or as mobile as Rogers. Seen Rogers play since he was a 10th grader watched them head to head twice. Greek is better than Luke. Second. Sawyer is Elite so you don't pass up that. Third. Be in the look out for a transfer from out West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You don't keep up with recruiting do you? See QB in Starkville and think we have to have him. First all due respect to Luke any other year he would just be a guy. Not a great frame average arm. Not as talented or as mobile as Rogers. Seen Rogers play since he was a 10th grader watched them head to head twice. Greek is better than Luke. Second. Sawyer is Elite so you don't pass up that. Third. Be in the look out for a transfer from out West.
    1. I don't watch film or in person but I always keep up with recruiting classes on paper. Maybe he won't be good but it always seems the general consensus here when we pass on someone or if someone passes on us that "he won't be any good anyway." We'll see.

2. I'm over transfers at the moment.

vCash
    1. I don't watch film or in person but I always keep up with recruiting classes on paper. Maybe he won't be good but it always seems the general consensus here when we pass on someone or if someone passes on us that "he won't be any good anyway." We'll see.

2. I'm over transfers at the moment.
    Totally understand but you don't risk an ELITE talent at QB over an instate guy just cause he is the hometown guy. Luke's a great Kid. But he's not Elite in football terms

vCash
    IMO he isn?t even the best QB in the state.. depending upon the system I would take Keys over Luke
    Outside of Kobe, Willie, AJ, and Altmyer there hasn't been any others as far as I know that were rated 4* or higher. The former 3 are and have been really good players at the SEC level and based on reading Altmyers scouting report aside from not possessing elite arm strength the scouts love everything else about him and rated him really high elsewhere. The last decade scouts haven't been too off on talent coming from SHS so why would we think they're off now? I get he may not be better than Sawyer but it may be a stretch to say you'd take Greek over him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Tyler Williams is from Oxford and pretty sure OM wanted him
    Tyler Williams wasn't offered by OM per 247

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    How do you know that?
    Better competition, better stats, better ranking, better camp numbers, better athlete. You get the picture.

vCash
    Outside of Kobe, Willie, AJ, and Altmyer there hasn't been any others as far as I know that were rated 4* or higher. The former 3 are and have been really good players at the SEC level and based on reading Altmyers scouting report aside from not possessing elite arm strength the scouts love everything else about him and rated him really high elsewhere. The last decade scouts haven't been too off on talent coming from SHS so why would we think they're off now? I get he may not be better than Sawyer but it may be a stretch to say you'd take Greek over him.
    To me, this looks more like a rub it in our face type of thing to be honest with you.

I'll also say this- if I was a recruit I would be pretty leery of Kiffin leaving ASAP. That's a pretty big risk if you are a guy like Altmyer. It's a risk everywhere- but moreso at Ole Miss. And then if Ole Miss lands Arch Manning he can forget about playing there at all.

vCash
    The thing about it is QB is different than other positions because there are more things to it than just arm strength, size, and mobility. Unless these "scouts" actually watch a QB- any QB- lead a team and see how the run the offense, lead the team, and etc. it's impossible to evaluate. That's how a guy like a Dak Prescott gets overlooked by these same scouts and how a Shea Patterson becomes a bust.

vCash
    I'd love to see Ole Miss invest in a bad QB. I feel like its been a while since they've had just a complete disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I'd love to see Ole Miss invest in a bad QB. I feel like its been a while since they've had just a complete disaster.
    I can't remember his name but the really big fat guy from Oxford that played QB had to be flipped from USM .... I think his first name might have been Jeremy. The guy looked like a Nose Tackle and they thought he was going to be the guy that really squeezed the juice for them ..... they ended up only putting him in for QB sneaks at the goal line
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Shea Patterson was a bit of a disaster, but they've certainly hit jackpot on risky bets.

For the most part, their program has been kept afloat on odd successes:

1. Bo Wallace - Backup offers from MSU & Texas but turns into a legit QB?
    2. Chad Kelly - A ticking time bomb that can't stay out of trouble in the NFL but never had an issue at OM
    3. Ta'amu - No offers but turns into a boarderline all SEC QB
    4. Corral - Ticking time bomb that to date hasn't had any issues.

They keep playing Russian Roulette with their QB room but they never get the bullet. It really is the luckiest situation potentially in college football.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Better competition, better stats, better ranking, better camp numbers, better athlete. You get the picture.
    So pure conjecture.

Btw, I don't know how either guy turns out. However I'd put MS 6A up against west Texas 5a.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    So pure conjecture.

Btw, I don't know how either guy turns out. However I'd put MS 6A up against west Texas 5a.
    I wouldn’t

vCash
    Film on both is on the internet. Everybody on here is an expert. Should be easy to see Sawyer is way better than Luke.

Seriously, go look at Sawyer's jr hudl highlights. You'll like his willingness to run too. And to go Shrader helicopter style over the top when running for a first down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Film on both is on the internet. Everybody on here is an expert. Should be easy to see Sawyer is way better than Luke.

Seriously, go look at Sawyer's jr hudl highlights. You'll like his willingness to run too. And to go Shrader helicopter style over the top when running for a first down.
    Like spilt time at QB as a junior.. Spilt time

The fact this kid even has a thread that has reached 3 pages is silly enough.. where was the outrange and concern when he was committed To FSU..?? which 99% of people knew wouldn’t hold up..

The least of my worries is Luke going to OM.. I have no problem if his dad goes with him to be honest..

vCash
    Agreed. My bigger concern is making sure Robertson signs. I wish he could come in January, but I know he wants to play baseball in the spring