Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts: This Program Is 100% On The Rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Where are we going to get better is my question?
    Ummm...last week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's clear to anyone without an agenda
    Has he gone from the most loved to the most hated poster on this board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Has he gone from the most loved to the most hated poster on this board?
    I don't hate him. I think he's very knowledgeable & a good source. That being said, I heavily disagree with him here, which is fine.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I haven't read a single post in this thread including the first one. But the title says it all. We competed and played hard. But we were bad in both sides of the ball. I don't care to read any excuses. Old miss is terrible on defense and we scored 24. If kidder wasn't an ego maniac and had kicked they would have scored 40+ and out up almost 600 last time I checked. Don't see this as some escalation of improvement. Sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Old miss is terrible on defense and we scored 24. If kidder wasn't an ego maniac and had kicked they would have scored 40+ and out up almost 600 last time I checked. Don't see this as some escalation of improvement. Sorry
    Fans are just overlooking that so they can feel better
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I haven't read a single post in this thread including the first one. But the title says it all. We competed and played hard. But we were bad in both sides of the ball. I don't care to read any excuses. Old miss is terrible on defense and we scored 24. If kidder wasn't an ego maniac and had kicked they would have scored 40+ and out up almost 600 last time I checked. Don't see this as some escalation of improvement. Sorry
    The what ifs go both ways. What if Kiffin had taken the field goals? What if we hadn't fumbled on the 1-inch line? What if WRs on either team made a few more plays?

You can't cherrypick a few what ifs just to make our own team sound worse.

vCash
    Exactly.

vCash
    I have to agree with you on some of this Our ceiling will only be as high as Leaches willingness to adapt. Our offensive play calling is putrid at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The what ifs go both ways. What if Kiffin had taken the field goals? What if we hadn't fumbled on the 1-inch line? What if WRs on either team made a few more plays?

You can't cherrypick a few what ifs just to make our own team sound worse.
    What isn't an if is we gave up nearly 600 yards of offense, scored 24 points against a shitty defense and punted 6 times. So harp on my ifs and I'll harp what's facts then. Not an opinion of anyone that they saw great improvement.

vCash
    What isn't an if is we gave up nearly 600 yards of offense, scored 24 points against a shitty defense and punted 6 times. So harp on my ifs and I'll harp what's facts then. Not an opinion of anyone that they saw great improvement.
    I realize this was probably an intentional argument strategy on your part so you can comeback with "Oooh, I guess you think 550 is OK, huh!?!" ... and no, it's still not "OK" but it's a bit of an exaggeration to call 550 yards "nearly 600"

vCash
    So losing everyone we lost on defense up to this point in the season didn't make a difference in the score today. Oookay! Gotcha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So losing everyone we lost on defense up to this point in the season didn't make a difference in the score today. Oookay! Gotcha.
    You can't change people's politics, sexual preference, food likes & dislikes, or what they see on a football field. We're getting better quickly, but you can't make peopl that want to see something else, see that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You can't change people's politics, sexual preference, food likes & dislikes, or what they see on a football field. We're getting better quickly, but you can't make peopl that want to see something else, see that.
    To me, this year means jack crap with everything that has gone on. Leach has changed the culture and that was job #1. We will see in the next couple years if he can bring in the playmakers he needs to be successful. His track record gives me some hope.

vCash
    I have to admit there has been some improvement the last two games which is a good sign. We can go 7-5 next year is we can continue to build and improve offensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I have to admit there has been some improvement the last two games which is a good sign. We can go 7-5 next year is we can continue to build and improve offensively
    This is a realistic goal rather than shotgun saying we gonna blast blue bloods

vCash
    The running backs are true freshmen and the OL will get better or more into what Mike Leach wants. We can?t run the ball even to Leach?s standard at this point and that will improve which will make the whole offense better.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Anybody happy about today is drinking kool-aid with Jim Jones and really believes Biden got 80MM votes.
    and anyone that thinks biden didn't get 80 million votes, is an idiot. full stop.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    he clearly said he didn't read anything, so critical thinking about the players missing on the field has no bearing in this or any other discussion. Why should reality and facts matter. This dude believes what he believes, outside of any factors not present inside his mind.

Good game dawgs. Keep grinding.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    and anyone that thinks biden didn't get 80 million votes, is an idiot. full stop.
    It's a bit ironic he accuses some of being Jim Jones kool aid drinkers and then follows it up with election conspiracy drivel.

Insanity...

No one is happy we lost the egg Bowl. No one is happy about the 2020 football season. But seeing the number of freshmen we have making plays and the progress we've made these last two weeks offers a window for optimism. That simple.

I hope we play our final two games. We need to play well. Continue to grind and build.
    Last edited by hp22; 11-28-2020 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    I'm not convinced Leach is going to be successful at State but I feel better about our football program after tonight's Egg Bowl loss than I did after last year's Egg Bowl win. The man has proven that he can get players to buy in and play hard. A win or two to end the season would be great to build in for next year.