Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we play this week? Should we?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Yea they do..... they are scheduling Ole Miss then
    No they don't. If we need to move the EB to the 19th we will do that and they will move around the schedule for their other opponents. They are currently open the 19th. Nothing has been scheduled. All they have to do is move Tennessee to the 19th and schedule OM for the 12th.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-23-2020 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Yea they do..... they are scheduling Ole Miss then
    Maybe. But not necessarily. No games for 12-19 official yet

vCash
    Great point about tempo. It will take a toll. We need 3 negative tests bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Great point about tempo. It will take a toll. We need 3 negative tests bad.
    If you're referring to Wheat, Davis, and Heath it doesn't matter if they test negative. They could have 7 negative tests in a row and they still wouldn't be able to play. It's stupid because Saban got away with it and no one batted an eye but everyone else has had to follow the 14 day rule. He literally is the only one who's gotten out of it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If you're referring to Wheat, Davis, and Heath it doesn't matter if they test negative. They could have 7 negative tests in a row and they still wouldn't be able to play. It's stupid because Saban got away with it and no one batted an eye but everyone else has had to follow the 14 day rule. He literally is the only one who's gotten out of it.
    Saban got out of it because he was considered a false positive. Our guys don't have COVID. They are contact tracing cases that never tested positive and are probably not even being tested (contact tracing is just a 10 day wait I believe). That makes even less sense, but that is the reason. These rules are insanely stupid.

vCash
    Contact tracing is 14 days
    A positive test is 10

Stupid I know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    If we have 11 we play. Period. That's the mentality it takes to be successful, and we build from there.
    Right....lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think the tempo is the difference and why you don't play with 21 scholly defenders. It becomes a safety issue, not a win-loss issue.
    I don't know if it's really a safety issue but you can't defend against temp without subs. Could be ok if our offense is clicking and holding the ball for a long time. But while I want us to play, I don't see any reason for us to lose a game we can win because Ole Miss has already missed two games.

vCash
    What two games has Mississippi already missed? I thought it was just the one vs Aggie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What two games has Mississippi already missed? I thought it was just the one vs Aggie
    LSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    LSU?
    Nope. Scheduled to play them 12-5-2020 as part of normal schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Completely different situation between Saban and our guys.

Saban tested positive. Which means testing negative 3 times would equal a false positive.

Our guys have been contract traced, which means exposed to the virus, & since the incubation period for COVID is up to 14 days, contract traced players must sit for 14 days.

Personally, I think that's way to long & so rare that it's ridiculous. Contract traced players should have to sit wait 5 days & then be able to test out of it with 3 straight negatives. That would eliminate 99+% of the contract traced cases
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Saban tested positive. Which means testing negative 3 times would equal a false positive.

Our guys have been contract traced, which means exposed to the virus, & since the incubation period for COVID is up to 14 days, contract traced players must sit for 14 days.

Personally, I think that's way to long & so rare that it's ridiculous. Contract traced players should have to sit wait 5 days & then be able to test out of it with 3 straight negatives. That would eliminate 99+% of the contract traced cases
    97.5% of people exposed that go on to show symptoms show symptoms within 11.5 days. I suspect a lot of the people that show symptoms later were really just exposed later without knowing it and were counting back to the time they knew they were exposed.

Average time for symptoms is 5 days. Let everybody test at 6 days so they don't have to miss two weeks of games for one exposure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    97.5% of people exposed that go on to show symptoms show symptoms within 11.5 days. I suspect a lot of the people that show symptoms later were really just exposed later without knowing it and were counting back to the time they knew they were exposed.

Average time for symptoms is 5 days. Let everybody test at 6 days so they don't have to miss two weeks of games for one exposure.
    Agree. That would be the correct balance between caution & common sense

vCash
    So basically there is no way we get 3 starters back

vCash
    Leach is a trip ... I'll bet after a few of these match-ups he won't make this mistake again ... I'm not complaining - just enjoying some Mike Leach

OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    So basically there is no way we get 3 starters back
    Seems like the SEC should throw us a bone here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    If we have 11 we play. Period. That's the mentality it takes to be successful, and we build from there.
    This

vCash
    State played well last Saturday. If you can, you play this week to keep the momentum going. Also, there is no guarantee that you play Dec 19. The team could have an outbreak then too and then you lose the game all together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

That's not how the stats work. 3 negative tests do not negate the positive test. He probably got a different test that is considered more reliable.