Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is what it comes down to with Leach and the offense

vCash
    Same guy folks. Nothing to see here

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I really think you just throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks.

Gardner and Will are pretty much the same kid. Talent wise all of it. From someone who knows both extremely well, take your L on this and move on. Listen to someone who knows. I wont argue with you about baseball pitches you need to drop this if you want any credibility that I know you crave on here. Leach has won with Anthony Gordon and Graham Harrell. Both of them are extremely like Will and Gardner. Just stop
    You're either blind or his father. There is no way anyone that watches 10 min of football could make up such bullshit as this. Complete & udder disgraceful talent evaluation here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The gunslinger mentality helps, but it's about tools. Arm strength, mobility, quickness, release quickness. Corral is near the top of the scale in all those.
    The two most important tools for an nfl qb are accuracy and decision making. That will determine if corral is a perennial pro bowler or just another guy once he is drafted.

vCash
    I honestly haven't see a problem since the Arkansas game last year. Seems to me he's grown up
    He threw 5 picks the last game of the regular season in 2020. He does seem to be protecting the ball better so far this year though. Granted their SOS is 101 in college football, so we shall see next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The two most important tools for an nfl qb are accuracy and decision making.
    Yes as long as they have NFL level arm strength & athleticism. If they don't have those two things, they never play in the NFL to begin with. That's why you don't hear much about it

Tyson Lee was pretty accurate & made good decisions, but there is a reason he didn't play in the NFL. Same with Tyler Russell.

vCash
    You're either blind or his father. There is no way anyone that watches 10 min of football could make up such bullshit as this. Complete & udder disgraceful talent evaluation here
    Did you watch Minshew play when he was 19? Serious question. Bc I did. His arm was way better as a 5th year senior, when he was finally able to get on the field. There's not a penny worth of difference in the two at 19. In fact, I would say will is ahead of where Minshew was. Hopefully he will continue to develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Did you watch Minshew play when he was 19? Serious question. Bc I did. His arm was way better as a 5th year senior, when he was finally able to get on the field. There's not a penny worth of difference in the two at 19. In fact, I would say will is ahead of where Minshew was. Hopefully he will continue to develop.
    Just different animals. Minshew is quicker, stronger, & much thicker lower half with a lower center of gravity & a quicker arm with more lower half leg drive.

They aren't close to the same level of athlete or have similar instincts

Look how much quicker his feet are & how much stronger his body is. The ball pops out of his hand due to his twitch

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-20-2021 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Yes as long as they have NFL level arm strength & athleticism. If they don't have those two things, they never play in the NFL to begin with. That's why you don't hear much about it

Tyson Lee was pretty accurate & made good decisions, but there is a reason he didn't play in the NFL. Same with Tyler Russell.
    NFL arm strength and qb-sufficient athleticism is a dime a dozen. Their are hundreds of players all over America with both. Their are about 1% who have the accuracy and who can process information at an nfl level.

I like Tyson and Tyler so I will not comment except to say neither had nfl accuracy or decision making.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-20-2021 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Not completely buying Gun. Rogers isn't the major problem. It's the dang scheme The Pirate coaches. Nobody in the Sec throw the ball 60 plus times! Also not having or playing a TE espically in short yardage and goal line is retarded!
    O e reason we don't run block very well the OL is conditioned to drop step pass protection. No wonder we are a soft on offense.
    Rogers is still young, plus the Pirate could have brought in a Juco. Leach isn't the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not completely buying Gun. Rogers isn't the major problem. It's the dang scheme The Pirate coaches. Nobody in the Sec throw the ball 60 plus times! Also not having or playing a TE espically in short yardage and goal line is retarded!
    O e reason we don't run block very well the OL is conditioned to drop step pass protection. No wonder we are a soft on offense.
    Rogers is still young, plus the Pirate could have brought in a Juco. Leach isn't the answer.
    100% disagree.

The way the defense is playing us is what is dictating play calling & the way they are playing us is due to limitations at QB.

The looks to run the ball more would be there with a better QB. The defense would be far more spread out

vCash
    100% disagree.

The way the defense is playing us is what is dictating play calling & the way they are playing us is due to limitations at QB.

The looks to run the ball more would be there with a better QB. The defense would be far more spread out
    As far as a running Qb in The Pirates scheme, he had one who he turned into a wideout, then transferred out. You coach players up and u have to find things QB are comfortable to handle. The Pirate has no imagination on his 3x5 play card. Rogers isn't a runner, I understand what he is or what he isn't.
    Tell me why we can't run black 3 defensive lineman?
    You have your opinion as I have mine but blaming Rogers isn't his problem. It's The Pirates problem.

But carry on Gun, I just ain't buying. We are soft on offense like the two conferences the Pirate coached in. Doesn't work in the Sec. players are too fast and physical. We lack this in the Air Raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    As far as a running Qb in The Pirates scheme, he had one who he turned into a wideout, then transferred out. You coach players up and u have to find things QB are comfortable to handle. The Pirate has no imagination on his 3x5 play card. Rogers isn't a runner, I understand what he is or what he isn't.
    Tell me why we can't run black 3 defensive lineman?
    You have your opinion as I have mine but blaming Rogers isn't his problem. It's The Pirates problem.

But carry on Gun, I just ain't buying. We are soft on offense like the two conferences the Pirate coached in. Doesn't work in the Sec. players are too fast and physical. We lack this in the Air Raid.
    When I saw mobile QB, I'm not necessarily talking about a guy that runs the football. I also talking about a guy that can quickly move around in the pocket to create throwing lanes & buy time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ding Ding Ding
    I agree. I believe if he ever gains confidence in himself he will be a pretty good QB. I also believe it will take a little more time to gain that confidence but I pray it comes.

vCash
    Just different animals. Minshew is quicker, stronger, & much thicker lower half with a lower center of gravity & a quicker arm with more lower half leg drive.

They aren't close to the same level of athlete or have similar instincts

Look how much quicker his feet are & how much stronger his body is. The ball pops out of his hand due to his twitch

I only watched the first 2-3 minutes of that video, and it doesn't help your argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I agree. I believe if he ever gains confidence in himself he will be a pretty good QB. I also believe it will take a little more time to gain that confidence but I pray it comes.
    Yeah, I don't think Leach's offense will work at MSU, but the only hopes of it working require a confident QB that isn't scared to let it rip. Rogers is QB'ing like a freshman that is trying to be a game manager and earn the job. You have it, son...now go take advantage of it. Don't let your entire SEC career be a regret bc you chose to take the easy check downs instead of unleashing your skills.

Bottom line is Will is going to eventually lose his job if he doesn't start playing to win instead of playing not to lose. Same goes for Leach. I'm not saying Will is going to lose it this year, but he will lose it in the next year or two if he doesn't stop playing scared.

Id love to see him take those wide open runs he gets multiple times a game too. Take what they give you and slide if you want...that's fine. But make them respect you and that they can't give you 8 yards of grass and you not take it over a 5 yard dump off. If he would play (and Leach would coach) like they do when we fall behind by 14 to a G5 team all the time, we'd be hell to deal with. Stop playing chicken shit ball and go out there and punch someone in the mouth.

I don't hate Will, in fact I really want him to succeed bc he seems like a great kid. I just want to see him stop playing teacher's pet, grow up, and slam his fist on the table and say dammit this is my team, and im going to go out there and show the country who Will F'n Rogers is. It may not work out, but as it stands, he's going to be one of the most efficient losers in SEC history, and that blows compared to being the gunslinger that leaves it all out there and lets the chips fall where they may while giving his best shot and letting it rip.

But that's just me.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 09-20-2021 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I only watched the first 2-3 minutes of that video, and it doesn't help your argument.
    That?s because you don?t know what you?re looking at or what to look for. You?re looking at how he plays rather than his physical ingredients.

You guys make me want to pull my hair out because you can?t see it. I don?t blame you, but you guys can?t see it.

vCash
    That?s because you don?t know what you?re looking at or what to look for. You?re looking at how he plays rather than his physical ingredients.

You guys make me want to pull my hair out because you can?t see it. I don?t blame you, but you guys can?t see it.
    Gardner is shorter than Will and most likely slower. Also the video you are referencing shows Gardner in his 3rd year of college ball. By this point Gardner would have gone through 3 springs and his third year in a weight program since Gardner graduated in December of 2014 and early enrolled. You are a jackass who has no idea what he is talking about. You come on here and throw shit at the wall and you keep on piling it on. If you had this almighty football eye then please tell me why you aren't out there coaching against Saban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Gardner is shorter than Will and most likely slower. Also the video you are referencing shows Gardner in his 3rd year of college ball. By this point Gardner would have gone through 3 springs and his third year in a weight program since Gardner graduated in December of 2014 and early enrolled. You are a jackass who has no idea what he is talking about. You come on here and throw shit at the wall and you keep on piling it on. If you had this almighty football eye then please tell me why you aren't out there coaching against Saban?
    Sigh.

vCash
    Are you sad no one buys into the shit you spew, you must have a miserable life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This is what we have bought with our 5 milly a year. We have bought a coach who is married to a system. Adjustments need to be made, but Leach will not look within. He will look to the players and say things like execution. He is not going to change the system that has made him rich and famous. Our next coach needs to be a leader of men, a culture builder, a CEO, not a system guy.
    In fairness to leach, execution will beat Memphis, La Tech, and NCSt. He may need to adjust the system to beat better teams, but we should be able to execute well enough to beat those three and not need a miracle comeback or be subject to the refs 17ing us with one or two calls.

I don't mind him wanting to see us execute at a reasonable level before making changes to a system he believes will work. But he needs to figure out why we are so shitty at execution after 12 games. If he can't figure out why we suck at execution and fix it in the next few games, he needs to be making adjustments now.