Thread: Just wanted to say good job baseball team we were the only SEC team to lose today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    This is typical MSU baseball. We usually start slow and finish strong. I'll wait until further into the season before worrying too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    This is typical MSU baseball. We usually start slow and finish strong. I'll wait until further into the season before worrying too much.
    Start slow —dude we are ranked in the top 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Start slow ?dude we are ranked in the top 10
    We have started slow regardless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Regardless of the 1st no,hitter in 36 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We have had some individuals start slow or struggle (McLeod, Cerantola, Rowdey, etc), but we've got probably as impressive a resume as anybody in the country at this point? We've played really good competition for an early schedule and gotten a lot of wins with key players struggling. That doesn't sound like a slow start to me. Sounds like a reason to be optimistic that we might be really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    We have had some individuals start slow or struggle (McLeod, Cerantola, Rowdey, etc), but we've got probably as impressive a resume as anybody in the country at this point? We've played really good competition for an early schedule and gotten a lot of wins with key players struggling. That doesn't sound like a slow start to me. Sounds like a reason to be optimistic that we might be really good.
    Starting slow doesn't mean we're not a good team and isn't a reason to not be optimistic. Starting slow is just what we're doing...losing a game or 3 that we should win, players having jitters in the field and at the plate, etc. IMHO some of the best teams we've had started slow and built themselves up as the season went on. I'd rather us play our best baseball at the end of the season rather than starting fast and fading.

vCash
    Starting slow doesn't mean we're not a good team and isn't a reason to not be optimistic. Starting slow is just what we're doing...losing a game or 3 that we should win, players having jitters in the field and at the plate, etc. IMHO some of the best teams we've had started slow and built themselves up as the season went on. I'd rather us play our best baseball at the end of the season rather than starting fast and fading.
    I totally agree. How much baseball have they played the past 12 months and it's not like we are playing crappy teams. I will go on to say win the mid week games and go 2-1 on weekends. You will be a national seed.

vCash
    I sort of got off tangent on some of that, but the main point is that I think with the schedule we've played, going 2-1 the first three weekends and not dropping a midweek game in the first three weeks is not starting slow. If anything it's closer to starting hot than starting slow, but I don't think it's either. We're just taking care of business. That's assuming that Tulane and Kent St are going to be solid teams. If they're not, then obviously that changes how 2-1 against them looks.

vCash
    I sort of got off tangent on some of that, but the main point is that I think with the schedule we've played, going 2-1 the first three weekends and not dropping a midweek game in the first three weeks is not starting slow. If anything it's closer to starting hot than starting slow, but I don't think it's either. We're just taking care of business. That's assuming that Tulane and Kent St are going to be solid teams. If they're not, then obviously that changes how 2-1 against them looks.
    I worry about hitting on Saturday and Friday but we are facing their aces. With scholarship limits every team is going to have those two to three guys who can throw it.

vCash
    You hit the nail.on the head. Regardless of what we think the team is taking care of business.