Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go get Hatcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Me too. Spurrier can be told to modify the AR. He should have enough knowledge of offenses to do this. But there must be some behind the scenes problems with him as none of the guys here who are apparently close to the situation like him. And Arnett didn't immediately go to him so there must be something to it. Would love to know more tho.
    We burned the Spurrier bridge to the ground. It's not like we lit it up at the Outback Bowl.

vCash
    Scott needs more time off to get his shit together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Ok I know some won't like this but we are not hiring a HC and he may want the year off. But Scott Frost is sitting at the house and his offenses prior to his HC stint at Neb were very good. Oregon and UCF. 2013 3rd scoring, 2014 5th 2015 5th 2016 66th (126 year before at UCF) 2017 1st nationally
    Adding him to the Hot Board. I actually love that idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    For me he would be a good short term option. We have a veteran team coming back. His offense would be easier for the players to transition to- and at the same time he has some wrinkles that Leach didn't have. He did more things with tempo, uses a Tight end and etc.
    You don't hire coaches to knowingly fire them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You don't hire coaches to knowingly fire them
    I'd love to see that conversation go down. CZA " So you were like our 6th choice and we're not retaining you, but go call plays and recruit for us for a year."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I'd just assume hire Spurrier Jr. than Hatcher. About the same.
    Did you watch the bowl game?? You are looking and 4-5 wins next year. Hell No!
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Did you watch the bowl game?? You are looking and 4-5 wins next year. Hell No!
    You're not looking at many more with Hatcher. Everyone b****ing and complaining about our offense will be saying the same thing. Hatcher is as close to pure air raid as you can get. Also if we hire anyone from this staff it needs to be Mason Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Also if we hire anyone from this staff it needs to be Mason Miller.
    Yes, if the only choice was someone presently on staff, he would definitely be it.

vCash
    I'd love to see that conversation go down. CZA " So you were like our 6th choice and we're not retaining you, but go call plays and recruit for us for a year."
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We burned the Spurrier bridge to the ground. It's not like we lit it up at the Outback Bowl.
    No but we didn't have a modified AR that we all want too. One could argue his hands were somewhat handcuffed. But it doesn't matter......sounds like the bridge was burned anyway.

vCash
    No but we didn't have a modified AR that we all want too. One could argue his hands were somewhat handcuffed. But it doesn't matter......sounds like the bridge was burned anyway.
    I was so ready to see a modified, electric AR from Spurrier... instead we got the same ole sh*tty offense we see anytime we play a defense with a pulse. Or one that just defends 10 yards past the LOS.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I'd just assume hire Spurrier Jr. than Hatcher. About the same.
    No no no to both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I was so ready to see a modified, electric AR from Spurrier... instead we got the same ole sh*tty offense we see anytime we play a defense with a pulse. Or one that just defends 10 yards past the LOS.
    Scary thought. It's all we can run, occasionally successfully with our present skill players/QB for a quarter and a half or two most every game except OOC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Why is Hatcher so attractive to some?
    Bc his offenses consistently score. About beat us under the great Mullen. Dont let this place fool you. Would be a good hire.

vCash
    Me too. Spurrier can be told to modify the AR. He should have enough knowledge of offenses to do this. But there must be some behind the scenes problems with him as none of the guys here who are apparently close to the situation like him. And Arnett didn't immediately go to him so there must be something to it. Would love to know more tho.
    Spurrier is a good dude and a great recruiter. But he has a reputation for struggling for knowing all the xs and os for an entire offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Bc his offenses consistently score. About beat us under the great Mullen. Dont let this place fool you. Would be a good hire.
    Peter Sirmon was the DC when they "about beat us". Just remember that. And against superior competition his teams have had trouble consistently scoring. He may end up being a good hire, but I don't see it. And judging by the fact that no one has even reached out to him yet it doesn't seem like I'm the only one that doesn't see it.

vCash
    If we were going to hire from within, Mason Miller would have been more qualified. He has actually had experience as an OC and HC.

vCash
    Peter Sirmon was the DC when they "about beat us". Just remember that. And against superior competition his teams have had trouble consistently scoring. He may end up being a good hire, but I don't see it. And judging by the fact that no one has even reached out to him yet it doesn't seem like I'm the only one that doesn't see it.
    We had a vastly superior team to them and they scored 42 points on us. Most teams struggle to score against superior competition. This isnt a video game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I can't understand the negatism on Hatcher either . His offense is fine. Where Samford has been hurting is on the defensive side. Cole Cubelic even said in the beginning that CZA should head east and grab Hatcher.

vCash
    Scott may be with saban next year as an analyst