Thread: Babe is the GOAT and non believers are foolin' themselves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    only with steroids. Pre-steroids- Bonds was just very good. it was a very noticeable difference. Put Babe Ruth on steroids and lets see what happens
    I ain’t worried about steriods. I say let them all take them now. Baseball was more enjoyable then. Ruth would have taken them. When I look at Bonds career I can’t think of a single player top to bottom I’d rather have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I ain’t worried about steriods. I say let them all take them now. Baseball was more enjoyable then. Ruth would have taken them. When I look at Bonds career I can’t think of a single player top to bottom I’d rather have.
    The 90's was the best decade ever imo for baseball. It was a blast to watch. On the other hand I don't think they should be legal in sports at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    The 90's was the best decade ever imo for baseball. It was a blast to watch. On the other hand I don't think they should be legal in sports at all.
    I agree about that. The difference to me is hitters had a better approach during that era. McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Griffey, Jr. could all use the whole field. Made them that much more dangerous.

I think the game now is better in some ways. More guys throwing 100+. Better technology. A little more speed here and there. More trash talking. But I would like to see even more aggressive baserunning and more tape measure home runs. You don't see that as much now as you did in the 90's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree about that. The difference to me is hitters had a better approach during that era. McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Griffey, Jr. could all use the whole field. Made them that much more dangerous.

I think the game now is better in some ways.
    Major League Baseball has become almost as unwatchable as college basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Major League Baseball has become almost as unwatchable as college basketball.
    Not in person.

Banned
    vCash
    Bonds had the strongest wrists and forearms I've ever seen in a batter's box

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Bonds had the strongest wrists and forearms I've ever seen in a batter's box
    Other than Hank Aaron.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Not in person.
    This all day long. Going to any game no matter what level it is is better than watching it on TV. I love going to the minor league game in Biloxi, jabbering with the opposing players, eating the food and experiencing ambience of the stands and field can't be beat. And oh if JR never got hurt he would have both HR records.

vCash
    Not in person.
    Well thank you captain obvious, maybe we rename you ToddWaterIsWet or ToddSkyIsBlue.

No the broader point is that strikeouts, walks, and the occasional home run are yawnfests. I like what they are doing experimenting in the minors with some "pro-action" policies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Well thank you captain obvious, maybe we rename you ToddWaterIsWet or ToddSkyIsBlue.

No the broader point is that strikeouts, walks, and the occasional home run are yawnfests. I like what they are doing experimenting in the minors with some "pro-action" policies.
    If they're really serious about improving the product and being proactive they need to start letting computers call the strike zone instead of letting the Angel Hernandez's of the world use MLB as their attention whore platform.

And then that needs to trickle down to SEC/CWS umpires ASAP after that.

Nothing is worse than losing in a championship setting because an umpire has his head up his ass- like the one that called the MSU/Louisville game in Omaha two years ago. Or losing a WS game in large part because of a blown call that would have been overturned with replay like the Cardinals in 1985.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Wait? They stopped?**